• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
I was remembering the cancelled Maverick Hunter and thinking how different would be to have a Mega Man in first person. So, I would like to see you guys doing the same, choose an IP or game and give a new genre and perspective.

My choice would be Castlevania as a soulsborne action RPG or The Legend Of Zelda as a turn based RPG emulating the golden era of JRPGs.

maverick_hunter_lead.0.1489292727.0.jpg

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Gimme a Halo horror game

Play as a human during the early parts of the timeline. Small scale story

You're either totally powerless or weak af against elites/brutes/hunters

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Turn The Order 1886 into a Victorian party-driven Mass Effect-style RPG about investigating supernatural phenomena.

It might actually have sold then.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch.

From hero multiplayer shooter to third person action adventure single player.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Persona. Visual novel. It technically almost is already halfway there, but I wouldn't mind it being all that.

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Dragon Quest where you play as Slime and have to kill every Dragon Quest hero that ever existed

Slime's Revenge

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A Bowser vs Donkey Kong game that rather than a platformer plays like a beat em up. Chose either DK or Bowser and fight your way to the other one for the final battle.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Halo RPG.
The universe is RICH and there's so much stuff that could be done with it. Forget all the Spartan stuff, play as a normal dude (or even ODST) as you uncover all the space drama that is going on.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
Jak (& Daxter)

Narrative heavy TPS with RPG elements. Like Mass Effect, but in Jak's cyberpunk/fantasy world.

Make it a reboot with more fleshed out lore, species, and world design.

Dec 21, 2020
The Last of Us is now a dating sim

Yes, I do want to watch the world burn, what about it??

God of War is now a Life Sim.

Animal Crossing is now a horror themed action-adventure first person shooter with a third person perspective and the story is about "what happened to KK?" with a psych spiral down a rabbit hole to a plot twist.

Someone make these happen, I want to see how the audience receives this.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Tsukihime/Fate franchise - Multiplayer Character action where you play as the Burial Agency taking down supernatural threats

Final Fight - Action RPG in the vein of Yakuza where you rebuild and protect Metro City

Puyo Puyo - Platformer Action-Adventure in which Arle and Carbuncle search for missing Puyos to recover their magic power. Combat a mix of Rayman 2 and Jak 2

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I think Falcom could make a really great Legend of Heroes / Trails SRPG.
Tsukihime/Fate franchise - Multiplayer Character action where you play as the Burial Agency taking down supernatural threats

Final Fight - Action RPG in the vein of Yakuza where you rebuild and protect Metro City

Puyo Puyo - Platformer Action-Adventure in which Arle and Carbuncle search for missing Puyos to recover their magic power
I would also take a Fate SRPG :P

... Really, just make everything an SRPG thanks. I miss the days of franchises giving us one of those whenever they needed a breather.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Gimme a Halo Tactics game. No, not Halo Wars - that's an RTS. Halo Wars is fine, but a full-on XCOM style (ala Gears Tactics) would be great. I already mod Noble Squad and Chief into my XCOM 2 game, and it's wonderful. I also genuinely think it has potential to be a really awesome experience if done right.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
A Zelda RPG, more fleshed out and modern version of Zelda 2.

I want new swords and shield and armour. Level up, level skills, etc. pretty much a combination of BOTW and Zelda 2, I guess.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Ratchet & Clank,

Full fledged RPG; instead of jumping one planet to another, they will be exploring one alien planet with cities, dungeons, etc, just like this below for example.

More playable characters; Clank, Qwark, Talwyn, Vendra, Neftin, and one new character.

Battle system is simultaneous 3 characters, 1 playable, other 2 are AI, combination of traditional 3rd person shooting/action with varied attack combos/moves like in a Tales game.

it has traditional RPG storyline progression with cut-scenes, side quests, NPCs to talk, etc.

Contents like mini-games, secret dungeons, battle arena, ultimate weapons, etc.

It's not that far fetched & it would be something new to the series... 🙄🤷

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Starcraft

Retelling of Rebel Yell where you play as Kerrigan, liberating different planets from the Confederacy's grasp while evading Protoss and Zerg forces. Freedom Fighters meets Mass Effect. Third person ARPG.

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
Destiny as a single player Mass Effect style game.

Fire Emblem as a Tales Of style RPG

A digital version of the FFTCG ala the YuGiOh games from the PS2 era