• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I got PS1. See you all after I play all of these awesome JRPGs and adventure games on this beauty.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got Xbox. I love the brand but I'd rather have an SNES a.k.a. The greatest console ever created.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
PS2!!

Hell yes I'm excited, one of my favorites ever!!

With the smell of Christmas meals thick in the air, I'm going to relive my Christmas 2001 with MGS2. That same year, I also stood in line after my first ever high school finals to get my copy of FFX from the mall GameStop. I beat it in just under a week just before I was gifted my copy of MGS2, so I'll revisit that as well. And finally, I'll make time to play Dragon Quest VIII on PS2 with my newfound appreciation of the series that I've adopted this generation. :)

Good pick, me. ;)

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Gamecube. Very happy. Will replay Eternal Darkness. Was gonna do that anyway this Christmas since I've been thinking about that game a lot lately. Love the story, the atmosphere and the snaity presentation. Too bad a sequel is never coming out :(

PS2!!

Hell yes I'm excited, one of my favorites ever!!

With the smell of Christmas meals thick in the air, I'm going to relive my Christmas 2001 with MGS2. That same year, I also stood in line after my first ever high school finals to get my copy of FFX from the mall GameStop. I beat it in just under a week just before I was gifted my copy of MGS2, so I'll revisit that as well. And finally, I'll make time to play Dragon Quest VIII on PS2 with my newfound appreciation of the series that I've adopted this generation. :)

Good pick, me. ;)
You know, this post makes me really happy :)

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I got a Gamecube, which is great as it and the original xbox was the only ones of these options that I don't already own. Finally I get to try Mario Sunshine and Eternal Darkness!

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gamecube - sick dude.

Gamecube..... retro....
giphy.gif

It launched over 17 years ago

We're all getting old

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XBox. Not mad at all. XBox had some amazing games. Still have fond memories of Crimson Skies, RalliSport Challenge and Jet Set Radio Future.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Boom, looks like I'll be replaying 2 of my top 3(Super Metroid and FF6). Maybe I'll finally play Chrono Trigger and Illusion of Gaia.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I picked 6, so PS2, which made me a lot more excited for a moment there than I expected it ever could. I'm pretty stoked about the idea, the PS2 was sorta the last console I was really into. After that it pretty much went from occasional use with the Wii and PS3 to me not really having played a game on a console in years.

What I would play? Literally the first thing that came to my mind when I read "PS2" was Dynasty Warriors, not even a specific one, but just the greater existence that is that franchise. Actually going back to DW2 in all its foggy glory sounds kinda neat though, that game and the sequels were pretty much an ever-present part of my gaming time with friends back then.

For a more serious gaming time though, not sure honestly. I spent a lot of time with PS2, played a ton of different games but right in this moment thinking about it I kinda struggle to think of a game that I would really be interested in going back to. Old games tend not to have that much appeal to me, unless it's Dynasty Warriors because man do I LOVE DYNASTY WARRIORS.

Anyway I'd probably play Dark.... Chronicle? I remember always wanting to play that game but never being able to find it anywhere so it remained this sort of elusive thing I never got around to.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
GameCube? It's Christmas 2002 all over again!

I'd play some Melee, Wind Waker, maybe even a little Animal Crossing. Good times :)

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I got the NES, which was my first console and has a library I still love and am exploring to this day. I'd be really happy with that.

Oct 30, 2017
Picked 6. Clicked Spoiler. FUCK YES. My favorite system on all time and all its games? Hell yeah! Gonna play some RPG goodness. And Tony Hawks Underground 2 Cause it's a dope game.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Ps1 (3)
All crash games and (Ctr)
Re2
Heart of darkness
Tony hawk pro skater 2

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
SNES. Awesome.

Super Mario World, Turtles in Time, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy VI etc etc

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gamecube.
Pretty cool considering that I haven't really gone through Nintendo's catalog for that generation. Lots of games to play!

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up with a PS1. The only console I would want less is the NES. I know it's considered a great console, but a lot of the games look pretty unappealing to me today. Regardless, I'd play Resident Evil 1 since I've never played through the original version of it (only REmake) or Silent Hill.

Supau

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Dreamcast

Hell yes I'm happy. Mine died and I wanna play some CANNON SPIKE

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
PS2, my least favorite from the list. Wanted the SNES.
But thanks, I will be playing Shadow of the Colossus all night like it's 2006 again.
Then some Virtua Fighter 4 Evo.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
7 is my lucky number for a reason, catch me on my shiny new GameCube playing Halle Berry's Catwoman until New Years.