• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like them, I also find it ironic that for such an "open" forum ResetEra thinks it's cool to crap on Vegans.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me dawg.
I think you mean "Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me, Don."

But yeah, I don't see any of those new ones catches on or the old ones falling out of favor anytime soon, no matter what some presumably-vegan language expert says.
"Feed a fed horse" did give me an image of fattening up a horse through overeating/forcefeeding to eat it later though, so I'm not sure why they went with that one.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Not 100% sure about the logic in the OP - lots of anachronistic phrases have remained in use hundreds of years after they were no longer relevant - but definitely agree with the sentiment.

This is the kind of activism I am all for personally. It requires no effort. Carries no risk. And it still makes you feel superior to everyone else. All the positives, none of the negatives.

Totally agree, save for the bolded part lol

If anyone is interested, CBC News environmental group put out this useful figure comparing carbon footprint of various sources of protein. Serves as a good reference for those new to the topic.

carbon-emissions-from-food.jpg

julian

Oct 27, 2017
This is incredibly stupid and ignores the reality of how a lot of idioms work. Huge amounts are very outdated and relate to things people barely understand anymore.

My rule of thumb is to not put the cart before the horse by throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
Lmao, there's way this is gonna a happen. At the very least, not anytime soon. Especially considering that those replacements are terrible.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I must be ahead of the curve.. thanks to TPB I always say "get two birds stoned at once."

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
The only alternative phrase I've heard on there is still the beans, and I haven't heard that used in several years

Oct 28, 2017
Feeding a whole scone between 2 sparrows is also incredibly irresponsible, way too much salt and sugar for their bodyweight.

PETA should spend more time learning basic animal dietary requirements, and less time encouraging supermodels to go 'naked'.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
"Like they say in Brooklyn, early to bed, early to catch the worm. Or is it the bagel?"

Luigi was ahead of his time.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Not more fake "outrage" and "offense". God I get so bored hearing this shit. Vegans are not offended by idioms and sayings. Most of them aren't even offended by people eating meat, they understand it's their choice to go vegan in the same way I choose to eat meat.
In the UK, people get really wound up by this stuff and most of it is manufactured to wind people up. I see you, Good Morning Britian and Piers Morgan. I'm not fooling for it.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I like the implication that opening a can of worms is more harmful than opening PANDORAS BOX.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
You can just cut or scrape the peel off a potato - it's a goddamn potato. Skinning a cat requires way more foresight, strength, and planning. That bastard doesn't want to be skinned, you have to get creative.

I'm going to use 'feed a fed horse,' though. That one is too stupid not to.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the kind of activism I am all for personally. It requires no effort. Carries no risk. And it still makes you feel superior to everyone else. All the positives, none of the negatives.
The feeling of being superior to everyone else is the cause of all interpersonal conflict in the entire world throughout all of recorded history

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Not more fake "outrage" and "offense". God I get so bored hearing this shit. Vegans are not offended by idioms and sayings. Most of them aren't even offended by people eating meat, they understand it's their choice to go vegan in the same way I choose to eat meat.
In the UK, people get really wound up by this stuff and most of it is manufactured to wind people up. I see you, Good Morning Britian and Piers Morgan. I'm not fooling for it.

Yeah almost every time I see veganism come up in the news where I live it's one of those 'look at how crazy those vegans are' articles, even though it doesn't reflect at all what myself and other vegan people I know act like. It's annoying.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
PETA at this point is doing more harm than good to the animal welfare movement.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
LOL "Killing two birds with one stone" becomes "feeding two birds with one scone"

That shit is crazy.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
TIL climate change is because I refer to animals too often in my metaphors.

Sorry guys, let everyone on the coasts know I'll get this fixed ASAP

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Of all the organizations Era takes up arms against, I'm surprised to see so many be cool with Peta.

Also, these phrases are ridiculous and harm no one or thing.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Wow...look at that...the dumbest thing I'll read all day.

Obligatory: Fuck PETA and anybody who supports them.