• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

onlyTangerine

Oct 27, 2017
It's been difficult to find time to take (or post) photos since I'm neck deep in finals atm. Here's one from a week or so ago.

imgp8167_72dobd7.jpg

Last edited:

FrankJaeger

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Some photos of abandoned stuff:
Abandoned cargo railway station in the middle of living apartments of Moscow. When the Soviets started building new factories, they usually ended up outside of the city. But as Moscow grew in size, architects were forced to build new parts of the city around those factories, which led to strange results, like railways leading to those factories ended up being right next to normal living buildings or cargo stations sitting between the roads.
SodLzel.jpg

Railway guard house. Those usually appeared in intersections between normal roads and railways. Even though this railway was abandoned, guard house is still renovated and looks relatively in one piece.
UiMtb50.jpg

SodLzel.jpg

Soviet Jewelry Factory. With each year Moscow loses a lot of those soviet era building, turning them into horrible faceless abominations of glass, steel and plastic.
y9enT0U.jpg

SodLzel.jpg

Vetle

Oct 28, 2017
After a long polar night without sun, the year's first rays of sunshine hit the top of the Helvetia mountain in the Advent Valley outside of Longyearbyen, Svalbard
First Light by vetmal, on Flickr

FrankJaeger

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Three photos from me:
Despite being very much in the center of the city, this place, in backyard of two factories, somehow ended up without any major buildings, must be due to proximity to the railway. As a result you can see Kutuzovskiy Prospect and some parts of the city from the unusual perspective.
4z6coNz.jpg

cGRKOmC.jpg

ekAtYqM.jpg

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
A friend in Japanese class brought an Oathkeeper Keyblade for some reason.
image.jpg

Horrible angle, and there was no place really to put it down and take a great shot since it was a small classroom.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
The Tokyo skyline pic is great. And ramen.....yum.

I was working late nights last week. We had a crazy deadline for our Xmas installation, and everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Many of the 500 LED lights needed to be manual soldered, numbered and coordinated, and it was pouring rain. The control center under the installation, which has over 500 wires coming out of it, was leaking, and melting wires. By 5am, everyone was losing it.

I took this pic at that time in complete frustration. I didn't think we were going to make it for the grand reveal the next day. Luckily, somehow, it all came together in the end (thanks to the rain finally letting up).

despair by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

SuperFinal

Cinematics Designer at Playground Games
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
The Tokyo skyline pic is great. And ramen.....yum.

I was working late nights last week. We had a crazy deadline for our Xmas installation, and everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Many of the 500 LED lights needed to be manual soldered, numbered and coordinated, and it was pouring rain. The control center under the installation, which has over 500 wires coming out of it, was leaking, and melting wires. By 5am, everyone was losing it.

I took this pic at that time in complete frustration. I didn't think we were going to make it for the grand reveal the next day. Luckily, somehow, it all came together in the end (thanks to the rain finally letting up).

despair by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr

Nice image, love the contrasting elements.

Here's a fairly recent one from my visit to San Fran, taken from the hotel room balcony.

River of Lights by Matt Turner, on Flickr

onlyTangerine

Oct 27, 2017
I'm formally requesting that all good photographers leave this thread so I don't have to feel bad about my photos.

:P

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Some photos of abandoned stuff:
Abandoned cargo railway station in the middle of living apartments of Moscow. When the Soviets started building new factories, they usually ended up outside of the city. But as Moscow grew in size, architects were forced to build new parts of the city around those factories, which led to strange results, like railways leading to those factories ended up being right next to normal living buildings or cargo stations sitting between the roads.

Railway guard house. Those usually appeared in intersections between normal roads and railways. Even though this railway was abandoned, guard house is still renovated and looks relatively in one piece.

SodLzel.jpg

Soviet Jewelry Factory. With each year Moscow loses a lot of those soviet era building, turning them into horrible faceless abominations of glass, steel and plastic.

SodLzel.jpg

Sorry to bring this up again, you didn't get my hint, not trying to be a dick, but this is a thread for "one photo per day"

If you have more, there is a thread for that
https://www.resetera.com/threads/photography-era-ot.424/page-6

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Nice image, love the contrasting elements.

Here's a fairly recent one from my visit to San Fran, taken from the hotel room balcony.

River of Lights by Matt Turner, on Flickr
Thanks, SuperFinal. Lovely light streams in your pic.

Old photo but one I still like quite a bit:

Shanghai HDR by Eric, on Flickr

Are you in Shanghai or were you just visiting? Just curious as I'm a long time SH resident.

Speaking of Shanghai, here's a pic I took of the well-known spaghetti interchange (also known as the Nine Dragon Pillar) that runs over Yan An Rd.

overpassing 2 by Andrew Rochfort, on Flickr