• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
www.thegamer.com

Photo On Avalanche Software Website Stir Harry Potter RPG Rumors

Tinfoil hat time: does this photo of a book on a game artist's desk confirm that the Harry Potter RPG is still in development?

"Tinfoil hat time: does this photo of a book on a game artist's desk confirm that the Harry Potter RPG is still in development?

It's been a over a year since the trailer for a supposed Harry Potter RPG leaked, and no one has heard a peep about it since. An E3 has come and gone, not to mention two holidays, yet no one knows if this game trailer was ever even real.

Desperate fans over on the r/HarryPotterGame subreddit were scanning Avalanche Software's official website for clues and discovered the smallest bread crumb: a Harry Potter book on the corner of an artist's desk.

Avalanche Software is owned by WB Games, the game publishing arm of Warner Bros known best for the Mortal Kombat and Arkham game series'. Of course, Warner Bros also owns Hary Potter and co-developed Wizards Unite with Pokémon Go's Niantic, so if a AAA Harry Potter RPG is in development, is would likely be with a WB Games studio...like Avalanche Software."

harry-potter-game.jpeg

"The picture found on Avalanche's website is clearly of one of the studio's artists, as he can be seen working on a drawing tablet. The book, identified as Harry Potter: The Character Vault is tucked away behind a cabinet on the left side of the frame, possibly believed to be hidden...or possibly strategically placed to hint at the unannounced game?

Credit where credit is due: that's some good internet sleuthing. Personally, I'd love a new Harry Potter game, but not before WB finally reveals their next Batman title."

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know every game shoehorns in RPG elements but I worry a game version of Harry Potter might have too much power creep. I feel it would be better as a detective/adventure game. Solve mysteries around the wizarding world or hogwarts. But hey I guess some people want to add +5 fire damage to their avada kedavra

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know every game shoehorns in RPG elements but I worry a game version of Harry Potter might have too much power creep. I feel it would be better as a detective/adventure game. Solve mysteries around the wizarding world or hogwarts. But hey I guess some people want to add +5 fire damage to their avada kedavra
We know it's an RPG, it's kind of the best way to handle the class sim stuff.

Nov 8, 2017
Tinfoil hat time: does this photo of a book on a game artist's desk confirm that the Harry Potter RPG is still in development?

Getting "confirmation" that it is still in development really doesn't say much except that it isn't cancelled, which nobody ever suggested that it was. Like that wasn't ever a rumour. Everyone with inside knowledge told us that the leaked footage was early and not intended for a public showcase, still years away from reveal. And it was.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Jason literally stated this game was going to be at e3 this year, don't know why we need repeated confirmation it exists
That's not even counting the videos we've seen of the actual internal trailer
We know tons of details about this game already

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Jason literally stated this game was going to be at e3 this year, don't know why we need repeated confirmation it exists

Well tbf it is WB, you never know with them. They cancelled the Damian Wayne game a day before it's reveal. It's not out of the realm of possibility for them to cancel a game even if it's almost finished. Obviously it wasn't cancelled though.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game exists and is going to be revealed at some point. WB already takes its SWEET FUCKING TIME with announcing games and us finding out about this one so early was a fluke.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I mean this probably means what we think it means but it is utterly uninteresting because the Harry Potter RPG already leaked

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
This would be such a dream come true for so many people, including me, I pray it manages to be revealed next month.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Just saw a video about this and this YouTuber went all "this definitely means a reveal is soon." but it really doesn't, sadly. Knowing WB with their nonsense teasers and nothing happening.

Hope I'm wrong though. It's time to see WB games. Maybe IGN today?

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
this isn't meant to be negative towards Avalanche Software, but i don't see how they're fit to do an AAA RPG, since i'm looking at their output and there seems to be only Disney toy-to-life games 🤔

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
A human being reading one of the most popular books of all time? No, it must mean something