• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
kjzz.org

100-Degree Days Could Hit Phoenix This Week

The Sonoran Desert is expected to start to heat up this week.The National Weather Service in Phoenix predicts temperatures in the low-to-mid 80s on Tuesday. Ninety degrees is likely on Wednesday. And the Valley of the Sun will approach 100 degrees by next weekend, said Meteorologist Larry...

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We are still getting down to freezing temps overnight here in Illinois. It has been super nice out the last couple days, though. But, I can't do any planting with it getting so cold at night and I have a bunch of strawberries that need put in.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I can already feel the summer heat starting up. The next 5 months are going to be pretty bad.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I need to get my car's AC recharged soon. It was uncomfortable driving home today. I'm too lazy to actually fix it since filling it up lasts most of the summer, lol.

Today was the first day of the year we turned on the AC in the house though.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Jumped in my pool today. 79 degrees was a welcome exchange for the heat today. With Covid around a bunch of assholes are all over my mountain hiking so I had to drop that. First time in 5 years I have not gone up Piestewa peak at least four times a week.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yeah i turned the AC on for a bit yesterday, but i really wanted to wait till at least may before my first AC usage of 2020 :(

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just bumping this to complain again. Its 10:30pm and its a little warm in my computer room so I though I'd open a window, until I realized its still 79°F outside, which is a degree warmer than the room I'm in. Sadly my computer room is one of the warmest rooms in the house, so the AC wont kick on until it get to like 79-80 in here.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Ugh time to slowly start dialing the AC up so I don't have a trillion dollar electric bill. I thought it felt nice this evening but I felt like Sideshow Bob with all the gnats swarming around.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Surely, you guys dont have to worry about Covid19 now. Right??
giphy.gif

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Finally. Usually may is the best time of year here. Days are your 90s, low 100s and nights are mild. I can turn the pool heater on to get it to 86 without it costing a fortune and the days are getting longer.

Also my tomato plants are doing amazing. Already picked at least 100 without over a hundred more on the plants

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Well I went outside, and it wasn't that bad...until I got out of the shade.

We need more shade for walking.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Well I went outside, and it wasn't that bad...until I got out of the shade.

We need more shade for walking.

The Scottsdale river district was supposed to have shade walkways and shops along the canal between Scottsdale road and the first major road's to the east and west. The project was put on hold in 2006. Design wise it would have been neat and would open up the idea to shading in Tempe, Glendale and parts of Phoenix that the canal project with ASU was looking into making as social park/small gathering areas.

I don't know what they would do for actual shade as trees are not really a practical option.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
The Scottsdale river district was supposed to have shade walkways and shops along the canal between Scottsdale road and the first major road's to the east and west. The project was put on hold in 2006. Design wise it would have been neat and would open up the idea to shading in Tempe, Glendale and parts of Phoenix that the canal project with ASU was looking into making as social park/small gathering areas.

I don't know what they would do for actual shade as trees are not really a practical option.

Metal shading like at a typical bus stop, perhaps?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Its going to be over 100 every day next week except for saturday. I might have to find a new place to eat lunch this week as my car might be too hot to sit inside. Either that or find a nice shady spot.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who moved from North Dakota 17 years ago, I still prefer the heat to the cold. Love the diversity of food in central Phoenix and even in East Central Phoenix where I live. There is an a amazing cariniceria (Del pacipico) in the area.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow, Albuquerque is set to have a high in the 80's. The latest an 80 degree day has happened in the history or recorded weather. Also next week, Albuquerque is set to have a high in the 90's. The earliest a 90 degree day has happened in the history of recorded weather. It snowed the day after Easter. The week and a half of spring weather was pretty nice, though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who moved from North Dakota 17 years ago, I still prefer the heat to the cold. Love the diversity of food in central Phoenix and even in East Central Phoenix where I live. There is an a amazing cariniceria (Del pacipico) in the area.

I fucking hate cold weather.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow, Albuquerque is set to have a high in the 80's. The latest an 80 degree day has happened in the history or recorded weather. Also next week, Albuquerque is set to have a high in the 90's. The earliest a 90 degree day has happened in the history of recorded weather. It snowed the day after Easter. The week and a half of spring weather was pretty nice, though.
Albuquerque has always seemed like a high desert city, closer to Denver than to Phoenix... But with amazing food.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Luckily trump said the heat and UV rays kill the coronavirus, I'll be out living that life.

No I won't. Its hot and trumps fucking stupid

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque has always seemed like a high desert city, closer to Denver than to Phoenix... But with amazing food.
Weather wise, it's a lot like Prescott (if you're from AZ). Albuquerque is a touch hotter and drier.

And yes, I'll take New Mexican food over pretty much everything. Denver has much better weed, though.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind cold weather, I love Flagstaff during the winter but I absolutely hate snow. Fuck snow it is so dirty.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Well we are getting a break next week. Yay.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Enjoy this week, because next week it will be 110 one day.