• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference between announcements and empty, vague teasing. Vagueness isn't communication, it's the illusion of communication.
His trips have yielded significant content for Xbox players, whatever you think, thats not empty words nor is he being nebulous. He's in Japan, we will speculate.

Stop crying about it.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Microsoft needs something more substancial than old ports. Fans have been asking for Lost Odyssey 2 for years. Let's get some new content Phil. I would love a new JRPG.

There's a difference between announcements and empty, vague teasing. Vagueness isn't communication, it's the illusion of communication.
So you're essentially just never happy regardless of whatever the situation.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

spcgk.jpg

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I would love it if the Xbox team managed to buy Artplay or at least made a publishing deal with them. Koji Igarashi runs that studio and he is a legend in the Metroidvania genre and I would love to see him have new games as well as see what he could pull off with an actual budget. Castlevania Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness were fun games even if they were hampered by their poor budget (seriously, did they even pay those actors?) and Bloodstained Ritual of the Night proves that he still knows how to make a great Metroidvania

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Man what the hell did this thread turn into?!?!!? Ooohhh that's right it has the words: Phil, Xbox, & Japan. That's like red meat round here.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the responses per the outcome of his last publicised visit, guessing the most likely result from this new visit is more Japanese titles on Game Pass? Would be cool to get Resident Evil 3 Remake on there!

People have mentioned to you that Crossfire X as well as the Kart game from Korea were probably results from the last visit. They seem like pretty big games based on what has been said. I'd imagine PSO2 may have also been a topic of discussion while there. So I don't think it's just about getting titles on gamepass.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know why. It's like there is some unwritten rule here where every xbox topic needs some negative shitposting in it.
It's getting really obvious who brings that bullshit. Thankfully it's not as bad as it was a few years ago. If Xbox is improving on era, it means they're doing a good job.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Microsoft needs something more substancial than old ports. Fans have been asking for Lost Odyssey 2 for years. Let's get some new content Phil. I would love a new JRPG.

So you're essentially just never happy regardless of whatever the situation.

PlanetSmasher has that reputation around here lol

In topic Phil wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't continue to get into one of the bigger gaming markets. Last years meetings paved success and I am sure MS has even more up their sleeves.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
So wait...

ITT salt about him tweeting about what he's doing? Clearly it's to build speculation and intrigue. The man is doing his job and clearly it's working because we're here talking about it.

But to act like nothing has come of these trips is silly. I've never played a Yakuza game, but now I will try one out just because I'll have access to it on GP. That's not nothing...
It's a tweet, the most respected and venerable form of communication. When you think of it, it's really just short of an MS press conference. I hope he tweets out other hard hitting information on Twitter like what he's eating or how baller he is.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Ah Phil's yearly trip to Japan. Hopefully more development going forward.

We see Japanese games going to every platform but Xbox in some cases so hopefully these visits ensure an Xbox version to join in with everyone else...you know, like at launch, not 3 years down the road.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Seems like hes said this every year for past 5 or so. Glad hes getting ports of kh 1.5 2
5 and ff out there. But its not exciting to me

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Does he usually say team on his trips?

Maybe there are out and about showing off stuff in detail.

It's probably near impossible to get one over Sony there, I would be surprised if any devs bite other than day and date with PS5 unless Sony have already nailed them down.
All he needs to do is get them day and date. He doesn't need exclusives he just needs the games to come out when they are still relevant.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): excessive hostility against another member
Zero content? The content is "I'm going to Japan". It's his Twitter man, he can post whatever he likes.

Being communicative to your fan base is a good thing. I know that's not at all what the other leaderships are known for, but that's exactly what people like about Phil. So no, please, he should continue with being as open as he is.

Just own up to hyping every meaningless PR tweet, Toiletseat. You're our resident unpaid Xbox PR, and that's fine.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I feel like Phil tweeted the exact same tweet 4 or 5 times this generation, and yet nothing happened except ports that were available on PS4 for years.
You wouldn't have that image from the OP with all those games coming to Gamepass without those trips.

Do you want exclusives that won't come to ps5? I don't, I just want them to come out in the same business quarter as Sony's. You know Sony is going to pull the same stuff they did with the Kingdom Hearts dlc.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
While I would always love more exclusives and its fun to speculate about studios purchased what I want from this is more of what we got at X019, I want more companies to show support for the Xbox platform, give us the games that are exclusives to ps4 but not really, things like Nioh, Persona, Judgment. Especially when it means more comes to pc as well (I know some are already on pc).

Iirc sony published nioh 1 and 2 outside japan and getting atlus to be a normal company is like asking for the sky to turn green.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
So was it an illusion of communication when MS talked about Japanese partnerships and then announced Yakuza and Kingdom Hearts coming to Xbox for the first time in...ever? Or when they announced all the Final Fantasy games coming to game pass? Or when they highlighted Japanese titles such as DBZ, Code Vein, Elden Ring on their stage? Or when they put resources and effort into getting Phantasy Star to the west?

Don't answer that by the way... I know the answer

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iirc sony published nioh 1 and 2 outside japan and getting atlus to be a normal company is like asking for the sky to turn green.
Sega promised a more multiplatform approach in their future releases. I wouldn't be surprised if Persona becomes multiplatform. Starting with Persona 4 Golden remastered hitting PS4/XB1/Switch/PC.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
So was it an illusion of communication when MS talked about Japanese partnerships and then announced Yakuza and Kingdom Hearts coming to Xbox for the first time in...ever? Or when they announced all the Final Fantasy games coming to game pass? Or when they highlighted Japanese titles such as DBZ, Code Vein, Elden Ring on their stage? Or when they put resources and effort into getting Phantasy Star to the west?

Wasn't their press conference where we saw Sekiro first as well?

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018

I would like to report a murder.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
and Phantasy Star Online 2
and Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2

Shit, Phil's trips might be working after all.

Yes, i forgot about yakuza ports and that mmo as well. Iirc there were a number of people asking sega to localize that for a while. Never liked mmos but for the fanbase that a good move.

Back when i was an xbox fan the tales of vesperias, eternal sonatas and lost odysseys of the world were things i took to. Especially early on. Id love to see a pub agressive out the gate like that again in regards to content

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ

Ouch I even felt that lol

Nov 28, 2017
After those flurry of GamePass announcements of Yakuza and FF, do we have any kind of confirmation or announcements from the pubs about these games getting physical retail releases for the Xbox One?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Sega promised a more multiplatform approach in their future releases. I wouldn't be surprised if Persona becomes multiplatform. Starting with Persona 4 Golden remastered hitting PS4/XB1/Switch/PC.

Index works independent of sega. I dont expect legacy major titles like smt5 or p5 to ever leave ps4 or switch. Maybe their new project refantasy will be multi

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Are...are mods allowed to do this?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Phil. Make a new Phantom Dust game with some of the original creators. Boom you've got a potentially GAAS style game with really unique gameplay and a good amount of style. How have they not figured this out yet...