• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zaitsu

Banned
Jan 27, 2022
ya, sad but after finishing my backlog i need to wait for GoW , maybe i try Plague on gamepass

Scoey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like console wars either. I think Phil should consider porting Xbox games to PS5, then we could all play the Xbox and PS5 games he loves without wasting money/resources on multiple near identical consoles :)

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
It'd be so funny if an exec acted like the competition literally didn't exist. Like someone asked Phil if he has a PS and he's like "What's a Playstation"

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Friendly Phil is such a friendly and good-hearted, non-competitive guy. It's as if he wants Xbox and PlayStation to be real FRIENDS. It's hard to believe that a guy this friendly can also be a hardcore corporate officer.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Wow, Friendly Phil is such a friendly and good-hearted, non-competitive guy. It's as if he wants Xbox and PlayStation to be real FRIENDS. It's hard to believe that a guy this friendly can also be a hardcore corporate officer.
How many people has he murdered to get to his position today O.O

Probably a lot... he plays a lot of Destiny.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
>lumines instead of the superior 7th gen puzzler from the same dev Meteos

cringe
hUcfzar.png

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I'll save the thread guys.

My next game will be Pentiment. God of War can wait. Need to show Xbox some love as well.

I gotchu Phil.

Last edited:

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Man likes video games and seems to have some great taste. Why the thread? lol

I think the thread should stand as a reminder to the many......Many, stealth console warriors on this forum that the C-level execs of the companies they worship don't even care about their little pointless battles.

I tend to read a lot of the more dismissive comments as people who are so invested in the wars they can't stand to hear anything about how pointless they are.

Last edited:

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Nice list, Phil.

First game: Chuckie Egg
Last game: Modern Warfare (it was on sale)
Favourite game: Sensible Soccer
Game you play the most: Hitman series
Game you want to play next: Somerville
First game you'd show a caveman: TLOU

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
As a Certified Old Geezer myself, I approve of this list.

What a great selection of titles.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Phil's not a console warrior, never has been
I'd say most of those working in the industry aren't. Recently one of SM developers confirmed the obvious in that many in their studio play Xbox and in the past Bowser gifted Spencer a Switch. Also there were comments and pictures of different people at these company eating together and enjoying life.

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I don't like console wars either. I think Phil should consider porting Xbox games to PS5, then we could all play the Xbox and PS5 games he loves without wasting money/resources on multiple near identical consoles :)
Sound good in theory but would actually be a bad idea for consumers in reality. A console getting all games would dominate gaming like no console before it. No company including Xbox, PS and Nintendo should have all of the market, since every company would abuse their power to the detriment of consumers.

Last edited:

bb1173

May 1, 2022
I'd say most of those working in the industry aren't. Recently one of SM developers confirmed the obvious in that many in their studio play Xbox and in the past Bowser gifted Spencer a Switch. Also there were comments and pictures of different people at these company eating together and enjoying life.
I think it was Cory himself who said he can't wait for starfield.

I think was in twitter thread where someone threatened Cory with leaving for xbox unless he gave them ragnarok release date

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
I always saw Phil as a guy in a suit forced to wear a T-shirt to appease his audience.

My view hasn't changed, however he definitely has great taste in games.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard for me to see these guys as anything more than just suits putting on a show every time a friendly competition tweet like this comes up lmao

I do like Phil though

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I really like how much Phil talks up the competition simply because he loves games. He's like the anti-platform warrior. It's great.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
damn who had their bets on sony winning the konsole warz? sony fans eating today.
The Assassination of Xbox by the Coward Phil Spencer.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I think it was Cory himself who said he can't wait for starfield.

I think was in twitter thread where someone threatened Cory with leaving for xbox unless he gave them ragnarok release date

I meant Alanah comment, but Cory tweet is another good shout and example.

View: https://youtu.be/_ZesyoeT71c?t=815