• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2020
Sony can lie to customers about platform exclusivity, but the second Phil points out a valid point about accessibility in gaming and bringing down the barriers to entry, y'all lose your minds?

Well done Phil, you've truly hit a fanboy nerve.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Lol why we defending Sony in this thread people? Don't you want your games avail on PC day 1 as well? Don't you want to be able to play your PS game on a PC without having to pay twice? Who does that hurt

Yeah, play anywhere is fantastic. I'm currently jumping between laptop, Xbox and cloud to play sessions on No Man's Sky. Would love that option for PS games in future.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Are the people bringing up the OS being made by Microsoft serious...? It's not like Microsoft takes a cut of software released on it, Jesus Christ what a weird argument.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
ah I see. What do you mean by 'most' part tho? Is it a game by game basis thing or something that was implemented relatively recently so some of the older games are precluded from it?
Pretty much everything is Play Anywhere these days though there are still exceptions like MCC.

Squall93

Oct 29, 2017
Paris
A day one policy on PC makes a game like Ratchet and Clank Rift apart much more complicated to achieve or even impossible

Oct 25, 2017
People realy coming out and saying stuff like "well Sony doesn't own a PC OS" and shit...like...shouldn't we want Phil and other people of the industry to do what MS is doing...like...not having to double dip? Yall are weird.

Who's making you double dip? I am confused.

Point is it is easy to say these things when your company owns the OS these games run on, it is not comparable. MS is awesome that they have their own ecosystem that can play these games, Sony does not, so the comparison is weird.

Just like people say you can't compare the amount of consoles MS sells when it comes to PS5 because Xbox games are on PC and streaming as well.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There is also that quote from Phil Spencer
It's still hard to find a trace of all these triumphant predictions on their financial reports, and I won't talk about external reports.

What is sure now is that his strategy and all the current Xbox management are judged on results, without the legacy of the previous team.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
This doesn't need to be a dedicated thread in isolation, as it's just a single quote. Discussion can exist in other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.