• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Indiana Jones will be exclusive or not. Thats only singleplayer game coming up that could go either way still.

Even if the game was originally intended to be Multiplat when the deal between Bethesda and Disney was first signed, the game was literally just announced (post buyout announcement) and no platforms were given. There's no reason to believe MS can't grease the wheels with Disney if they really want to make Indiana Jones an Xbox/GamePass exclusive.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Elder Scrolls does have a legacy of being on Playstation, and he says in the future, so that's not a definitive no.
I like how all of the sudden people are acting ignorant to what legacy titles are. Look at any other use of the phrase "legacy titles" and you will see that it is used not in the context of a brand but with singular products. You are not getting Bethesda games on a PS5 unless Sony inked a deal before the buyout was complete. Quit being delusional.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Games which are owned by Microsoft never rotate out.

Yup all bethesda an Xbox studios games will always be available, game pass is a fucking steal lol

Honest after this shit, I hope the mods here consider warning ppl for port begging with some of these posts, yall are just being wilfully ignorant now lol

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, so many people want to go down with the ship here... With the new hope switching from "some" to "legacy".

Legacy in business means existing products, and this means they will continue to support it with updates and DLC.
The only games I don't see being exclusive going forward if there is new multiplayer elder scrolls or fallout. anything else will be exclusive.

skorba

Dec 19, 2020
Not sure if this was mentioned, it's hard to keep up with this thread, but does anyone think Microsoft will make any of these games "gamepass only?" As in no physical release or option to download to buy without the service?

Oct 25, 2017
Yawn.....This was pretty much expected when the news broke that Zenimax was being bought by Microsoft.

However, don't care either which way. Wasn't that crazy about Bethesda, so none of this bothers me.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if the game was originally intended to be Multiplat when the deal between Bethesda and Disney was first signed, the game was literally just announced (post buyout announcement) and no platforms were given. There's no reason to believe MS can't grease the wheels with Disney if they really want to make Indiana Jones an Xbox/GamePass exclusive.
agreed. can't imagine MS having all bethesda games being exclusive and then in 2024 or 2025 randomly drop an indiana jones game on playstation.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I like how all of the sudden people are acting ignorant to what legacy titles are. Look at any other use of the phrase "legacy titles" and you will see that it is used not in the context of a brand but with singular products. You are not getting Bethesda games on a PS5 unless Sony inked a deal before the buyout was complete. Quit being delusional.

It's not about being delusional, but Phil keeps talking around specifics when it would be simple to say clearly these lists of games will be exclusive and he won't come out and say it.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Then let him come out and say it. You're interpreting those words in a way that he hasn't said specifically.
Because it's common sense? He is not taking away your 20 copies of Skyrim either. But every new game coming out will be exclusive.

death loop and ghostwire are the last Bethesada games coming out and i think Microsoft is ok with that because those don't seem like big games.

Swarming1182

Jan 14, 2018
Oh my god, the absolute cope in this thread. People are so desperately clinging onto this delusion that they won't have to buy an Xbox or PC to play Bethesda games that they'll just cling onto anything they can get. Now they've decided that the one word 'legacy' means Elder Scrolls VI on PS5. You're still in the denial phase. Just buy an Xbox if you can afford one. It won't kill you. You might even enjoy your time on it, they're great systems.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
No need to call someone delusional. They expressed their statement regarding their thoughts on what "legacy titles" could mean. I understand that people are confused or mixed on the deal, but calling people delusional is honestly quite mean.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if this was mentioned, it's hard to keep up with this thread, but does anyone think Microsoft will make any of these games "gamepass only?" As in no physical release or option to download to buy without the service?
No, almost zero chance.

Like now that they own Bethesda, they will get 100% of the revenue from full title sales on Xbox Live and Windows store.

M4xim1l1ano

Oct 29, 2017
Santiago, Stockholm, Vienna
yeah, for those who already have said that this means that they will not play Bethesda games because reasons (even though you might be a fan of their games).. enjoy your empty bottles..

seriously, if you really like a certain IP from Bethesda, why torment yourself from getting them because of certain brand loyalty? This is soo stupid

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I don't think that will ever happen. Not for these sort of games anyway.

If they ever brought back a game like 1v100 or something small I could see those being exclusive but locking stuff behind the game pass model doesn't really make sense.

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
User Banned (1 Day) - Hostility
It's not about being delusional, but Phil keeps talking around specifics when it would be simple to say clearly these lists of games will be exclusive and he won't come out and say it.

I dunno, I guess Phil just assumes most people watching have working brains

Oct 30, 2017
Those trying to convince themselves that future Bethesda games will find their way to Playstation are setting themselves up for disappointment.

You can parse the semantics all you like, but MS would not have dropped billions on this acquisition if they didn't have the intention of dangling the Bethesda carrot in front of people not yet in the Xbox ecosystem.

Indy_Rex

Banned
Sep 20, 2020
I love how people applaud Phil Spencer for essentially gaslighting/lying to consumers about their Bethesda plans for months.

(Executives aren't your friends, no matter their public image)

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
Because it's common sense? He is not taking away your 20 copies of Skyrim either. But every new game coming out will be exclusive.

death loop and ghostwire are the last Bethesada games coming out and i think Microsoft is ok with that because those don't seem like big games.
Nah, they're okay with that because they're a business, not a fanboy battle arena, and as a business will honor the deals made.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I love how people applaud Phil Spencer for essentially gaslighting/lying to consumers about their Bethesda plans for months.

(Executives aren't your friends, no matter their public image)

Wasn't it said well before today that they can't officially make plans due to the legality of it? As in the deal wasn't closed yet?

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Can't believe people believed that MS was going to keep Bethesda releasing all future games on multi-consoles. Fanboyism blinding too many peeps. Before someone says, multi-platform is better for consumers, sure it is, but don't see 1st party studios releasing on other consoles anytime soon. I was planning on getting a Series X someday, with or without Bethesda exclusivity.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
From the Bethesda Roundtable.

There it is.

EDIT: One more -

Parris' prediction was that ongoing online games would continue to be supported, and games already on-contract with another platform holder would still come out, but all new and upcoming Bethesda games would be exclusive to Xbox / Game Pass.

Me it's this line that makes me doubt that all future games will be exclusive to Xbox and Game Pass. I wonder what games/franchises he is referring to. Because he already mentioned the contractual ones earlier by saying they'll see them through (Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo). Are there more unannounced titles that already had contractual obligations prior Zenimax/Bethesda acquisition? 🤔
And even in the future, there might be things that have either contractual things or legacy on different platforms that we'll go do.