• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
So many new Phil threads from the new Kotaku interview and none of ya'll pulled this incredibly important quote wherein Phil Spencer acknowledges the overwhelming fan demand for a new blinx game!

And every day he ignores it brings us one step closer to the heat death of the universe.

Ok fine, full quote:
My inbox is full of: 'Let every studio do new [intellectual property].' And also: 'Why have you brought back Crimson Skies and Blinx?'

OP
OP
cyrribrae

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Ugh. Stupid mobile. It messed up and then I messed up and didn't put Phil Spencer in the title. And now everything will be terrible forever.

ragingbegal

Oct 27, 2017
Every time there's an announcement that Xbox is expanding its studios or that one of its teams is working on a secret project, I immediately think "Crimson Skies."

Still waiting, Phil.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Blinx was a great game. And with the number of platform and adventure games that have released since, it could really learn a lot and make a stellar comeback!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
yw1q264si3i11.png

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Voodoo Vince and Blinx star in Crimson Skies: Bloodwake - The Quest for Azurik's Brute Force

One game to solve all your problems Phil.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
High Road to Revenge was an amazing game, had a blast with it. I wanted XBL Gold to play it online so bad but was just a broke teen fresh out of high school haha

OP
OP
cyrribrae

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Poorly aged tweets sure has a lot of fans...
What tweet?

Though, listen, if they made a Crimson Skies game wherein you commander the twitter bird and then shoot down all the social media conglomerates would be (probably a terrible symbol of how bad our current political situation is but also) pretty fire.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I just remember the opening to Blinx 2 on Cinematech way back when. It looked cool. He reminds me of Klonoa somewhat in design. And seeing that him and Klonoa have been outta the game for so long........

Now I'm sad 😭.

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
What tweet?

Though, listen, if they made a Crimson Skies game wherein you commander the twitter bird and then shoot down all the social media conglomerates would be (probably a terrible symbol of how bad our current political situation is but also) pretty fire.
It just because the account owner is a big fan of the series.

Oct 19, 2018
I understand the push and pull but they now have a lot of studios and should be able to satisfy both of those desires from fans - and I think they will in the coming years.

I've been considering getting Blinx recently, and probably will once the Series X arrives, as I was looking at their old IP and it looks more interesting than I assumed. If they're nervous or waiting for the right time for Banjo, I feel a new Blinx would face much less pressure and scratch that itch for that type of game.

I don't quite understand what the rights situation is with those FASA properties (Crimson Skies, Shadowrun, MechAssault) and I wish he would just openly clarify it so people can have some sort of clear expectation for the possibilities of those franchises coming back. Anyways I need Crimson Skies back...

OP
OP
cyrribrae

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Crimson Skies, hell yes. I was loved the original PC version. I would kill for a sequel or modern remake. The lack of good middle ground flight sim games is a tragedy. You either have brain dead arcade games with the most basic and simplistic flight controls and combat or you have full on simulations that practically require you to go to flight school.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
Microsoft has so many series they are sitting on. I understand they want new IP. How about refurbishing existing IP?

Fusion Frenzy
Mech Assault
Blinx
Crimson Skies
Midtown, Monster Truck, Motorcross Madness games

Along with all the rare games waiting to make a return

Conker
Jetpack Gemini
Banjo-Kazooie-Tooie
Perfect Dark
Blast Corps.

DO IT!