• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
I actually think gamepass is their maindraw in the new generantion, it's not exclusives. I also think they know they should release on everything but can't to fanboy outcry.

You can't be serious if you think anything sony has done is the same than this shit.

The whole xbox only started because they had fear sony would get to powerful. 20 years of bad decisions later they bruteforce it. Let's see how it goes, lets hope if nad and phill are gone it's still the same.

Btw. I think tencent wouldn't have been this bad for the Industrie
Would you have preferred MS just throwing in the towel as they waited half the gen of not longer building their own studios while Sony dominated and bought timed exclusive after time exclusive ?

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Weren't Sony trying to get starfield exclusive timed ? Doesn't Sony have 2 zeni games already timed exclusive ?

Nothing is made better for ps only owners . But for gamepass users its definitely better.

People can be excited about that and you shouldn't expect people to feel bad cause another box owner can't play those games on that box anymore .
Sony trying to secure timed exclusives is shitty too, and absolutely does nothing positive for anyone.

And MS could have surly worked some sort of Gamepass deal instead of fucking over a large segment of gamers.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Sony trying to secure timed exclusives is shitty too, and absolutely does nothing positive for anyone.

And MS could have surly worked some sort of Gamepass deal instead of fucking over a large segment of gamers.
But sony still does it and will not stop . I'm not sure why that isn't a bigger deal .

Ms needs studios to feed gamepass . Yeah it sucks for ps only gamers bit its not going to change . Sony isn't going to stop buying shit up either. Its just how its gonna be .

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Like would you honestly sit here and tell me you'd play GTAVI or the next Red Dead game via streaming on your phone if Sony bought Take-Two? Because I'm pretty sure we'd be seeing all the exact same complaints from the other side of the fence if that happened, even IF Sony had a phone streaming solution.

Probably not, but I would buy a PS5 to play the games I want that are exclusive.

Stupid ass timed exclusive shit is one thing, it sucks but people can wait... if it's exclusive-exclusive, no amount of arguing or being mad about it is going to make the games appear where you want; therefore you pick your console(s) of choice wisely based on that.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Platform Warring
But sony still does it and will not stop . I'm not sure why that isn't a bigger deal .

Ms needs studios to feed gamepass . Yeah it sucks for ps only gamers bit its not going to change . Sony isn't going to stop buying shit up either. Its just how its gonna be .

Yea if Sony was going to keep fucking Xbox and PC players out of games for a whole year, they(the company) kinda get what they deserve

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I care about Game Pass, not "eGGlousiveZ". Who cares if another platform gets the game also? That is the sentiment I see mostly from people in the Xbox ecosystem. I dunno, I think people who mostly game on another platform may be projecting. Its not Phil Spencer's responsibility to make sure other platforms outside of Xbox get games *shrugs*.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not, but I would buy a PS5 to play the games I want that are exclusive.

Stupid ass timed exclusive shit is one thing, it sucks but people can wait... if it's exclusive-exclusive, no amount of arguing or being mad about it is going to make the games appear where you want; therefore you pick your console(s) of choice wisely based on that.

Which is why I'm just gonna bail on the industry after this gen is over. Neither of these overpriced consoles are worth paying for in my book right now, and somehow now I need to buy both just to have access to a few games I would've had by default if they came out this gen? Just not worth the money or the stress anymore.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Yea if Sony was going to keep fucking Xbox and PC players out of games for a whole year, they kinda get what they deserve
Thats why I'm not sure why people don't think timed exclusives are not as bad . Its not like its here and there . Say there are 4 or 5 big games on ps5 for a year . Thats enough to convince some people to drop the thought of xbox .

Well if all these big games are on ps for a year , of not more and these big games get exclusive modes or dlc ....that could make a person switch pretty easily .

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
At this point, if you're cheerleading this shit, you're a fanboy. Simple as that.

I'm not going to argue anymore. If you praise a publisher paying to keep a developers games off of a competing platform, then I'm just going to assume you're a fanboy.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
At this point, if you're cheerleading this shit, you're a fanboy. Simple as that.

I'm not going to argue anymore. If you praise a publisher paying to keep a developers games off of a competing platform, then I'm just going to assume you're a fanboy.

This deal is going to save me a couple hundred dollars this generation. It sucks for people that are Sony only, but there is definitely reason for some to be happy.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think anyone living in a Comcast-dominated hellhole is going to wind up with more options any time soon, I'm afraid. Even if we get rid of Ajit Pai.

Just like streaming TV broke cable and better cell phone options broke land lines, 5G and Starlink will break the hold Comcast and ATT have on home ISPs. Give it a few years.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would you have preferred MS just throwing in the towel as they waited half the gen of not longer building their own studios while Sony dominated and bought timed exclusive after time exclusive ?

Any other purchase was fine. This is not. It's also funny that it always was "ms is only buying devs who needs help, they are the good ppl. The realtiy is they can do whatever because they are seemingly the underdog.

I know it's not realistic at allbecause sony hasnt that much money from other divisions, but imagine Capcom,SE, Sega and From being bought by sony.Xbox would stop getting any big japanese games. Somehow compareable and would complete suck ass wouldn't it?

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019

I think there is a difference between praise, and being excited that something you subscribe to is getting much much better.

Like , I'm super excited that gamepass is getting better and better . I dont think I am a fanboy for that .

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia

Majority of xbox players don't give a shit about if a game is on playstation or not. They care about the value they get from the console and service they paid for.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why people are so worried about this. It's not like they are going to go out and buy a ton of publishers like Bethesda. Pretty sure that would be blocked due to regulations. In fact, I think Bethesda is the biggest we'll see from them. The rest will probably be the size of Obsidian etc.

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Any other purchase was fine. This is not. It's also funny that it always was "ms is only buying devs who needs help, they are the good ppl. The realtiy is they can do whatever because they are seemingly the underdog.

I know it's not realistic at allbecause sony hasnt that much money from other divisions, but imagine Capcom,SE, Sega and From being bought by sony.Xbox would stop getting any big japanese games. Somehow compareable and would complete suck ass wouldn't it?

You know Zenimax had been looking to sell for awhile, right?

Imagine if EA or Activision bought them...🤮🤮🤮

This was unfortunately the best of a bad situation

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019

Why would any other purchase be fine ? And yeah I'm sure people would be big mad if Sony bought all the Japanese devs up .

I'm not saying people aren't going to be upset . I'm saying it is what it is . Everyone does it and will continue to do it .

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is rare big enough to make more than one game at a time? they used to do that, at least on n64.
I have no idea what modern rare is, but rather than buy other developers, just add more people until rare can make something great.

iceatcs

Oct 30, 2017
When MS bought the multiplatform publisher rather than the studio. Which made me suspect that many publishers don't want Day One game pass.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Man this news really shook this site didn't it? I am wondering what will happen on this forum when Starfield gets officially announced platforms and PS5 isn't on that list.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
is rare big enough to make more than one game at a time? they used to do that, at least on n64.
I have no idea what modern rare is, but rather than buy other developers, just add more people until rare can make something great.

1: games didn't require near as many people back then

2: Rare does have multiple teams

3: Rare is just a different studio now. They have their own thing going with Sea Of Thieves which is in a great spot (as a mostly single player guy, it's not really for me.. I like sailing the seas and checking out the awesome water physics but I don't play the actual game) and also EverWild is in development.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
I don't know why people are so worried about this. It's not like they are going to go out and buy a ton of publishers like Bethesda. Pretty sure that would be blocked due to regulations. In fact, I think Bethesda is the biggest we'll see from them. The rest will probably be the size of Obsidian etc.

Microsoft isn't a dominant player in the gaming industry. They won't be blocked. The EU will probably be a bit different since they are considered a Big tech company, so there will be probably different regulations, but Microsoft isn't a dominant player in gaming in the EU, so I doubt there will be any issue.

Playstation has 70% of console market share in the EU and if Sony were to acquire CDPR or Ubisoft, it'll likely be more scrutiny or even blocked because of PS's market share and the fact that Sony will very likely attempt to make it exclusive to 1 device.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California

That's a stupid way to look at it. God forbid people see value in saving hundreds of dollars with the game pass service. I for one hope more games come to game pass. Hopefully that means I can cancel GameFly some day too.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
One day, Xbox fans will understand that nobody views mobile streaming as a viable alternative to playing games natively on actual hardware.

Like would you honestly sit here and tell me you'd play GTAVI or the next Red Dead game via streaming on your phone if Sony bought Take-Two? Because I'm pretty sure we'd be seeing all the exact same complaints from the other side of the fence if that happened, even IF Sony had a phone streaming solution.
If Sony buys take 2 they'd need to keep in Multiplatform to make back the purchase as T2 is healthier than zenimax as a publisher with 2K money banks which means they would need to strike a bigger deal for their shareholders.

if Sony just purchased rockstar and rdr and gta were ps exclusives then I'd be bummed for a minute but I'd get over it and either buy a PlayStation or engage with psnow

gaogaogao

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1: games didn't require near as many people back then

2: Rare does have multiple teams

3: Rare is just a different studio now. They have their own thing going with Sea Of Thieves which is in a great spot (as a mostly single player guy, it's not really for me.. I like sailing the seas and checking out the awesome water physics but I don't play the actual game) and also EverWild is in development.
it's up to them to manage the scope of a game. indie games exist and are frequently more interesting than the massive AAA productions.
I hope everwild is good because I do not care about sea of thieves.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Microsoft isn't a dominant player in the gaming industry. They won't be blocked. The EU will probably be a bit different since they are considered a Big tech company, so there will be probably different regulations, but Microsoft isn't a dominant player in gaming in the EU, so I doubt there will be any issue.

Playstation has 70% of console market share in the EU and if Sony were to acquire CDPR or Ubisoft, it'll likely be more scrutiny or even blocked because of PS's market share and the fact that Sony will very likely attempt to make it exclusive to 1 device.

I think we're a LONG way from any gaming related acquisition being blocked by regulatory boards.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I actually think gamepass is their maindraw in the new generantion, it's not exclusives. I also think they know they should release on everything but can't to fanboy outcry.

You can't be serious if you think anything sony has done is the same than this shit.

The whole xbox only started because they had fear sony would get to powerful. 20 years of bad decisions later they bruteforce it. Let's see how it goes, lets hope if nad and phill are gone it's still the same.

Btw. I think tencent wouldn't have been this bad for the Industrie
Twitter hot takes belong on twitter btw