• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
He acts like as if his uncle was working at Microsoft. Pfff! Get real, Spencer. Fake insider, I say.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
So it's a devkit that will likely have to be replaced soon when they bring out a new revision?

No mention of any new games either. Why even tweet this?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
For back compatabi lity to have been coded and working, for a bunch of games (assuming the phrase "primary console" is true). Wouldn't the hardware and specs need to be finalised?

I assume there's a fair amount of R&D time in coding and developing the back compat solution so they'd only do it once?

If the hardware is finalised then the only difference between a Dev kit and retail is the case and packaging of internals?

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
For back compatabi lity to have been coded and working, for a bunch of games (assuming the phrase "primary console" is true). Wouldn't the hardware and specs need to be finalised?

I assume there's a fair amount of R&D time in coding and developing the back compat solution so they'd only do it once?

If the hardware is finalised then the only difference between a Dev kit and retail is the case and packaging of internals?

What do you mean with backwards compatibility?
If you mean existing X1 games, they'll run natively on Scarlett, no BC needed in the sense it was required to get 360 games to work.

That is if they're running them at existing settings, unpatched to take advantage of better hardware, which is most likely what they're doing rat this point.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
So it's a devkit that will likely have to be replaced soon when they bring out a new revision?

maybe to counter the rumors that give the scarlet project behind schedule or maybe he's just excited to have the most important deliverable of his current job in his house working as expected and want to share with the fans

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
And "connecting" to the community.
This leads me to believe Scarlett is basically just a powered up Xbox one, which plays exactly the same stuff as the old one but has more power for new games. Otherwise I have no idea what "games" could he be possibly playing at least one year before release.

True! So BC and native cross play functionality? That's huge.

It will most likely also provide more power for Xbox One games meaning more and/or stable fps, games with dynamic resolution scaling hitting their maximum resolution way more often, if not always, and faster loading times (the same will be true for 360 games and OG Xbox games, in my opinion).

If Scarlet comes with built-in BC and cross play a "boost mode" that actually works and makes those older games better would be great.
I'm hoping that will be a standard feature next gen.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean with backwards compatibility?
If you mean existing X1 games, they'll run natively on Scarlett, no BC needed in the sense it was required to get 360 games to work.

That is if they're running them at existing settings, unpatched to take advantage of better hardware, which is most likely what they're doing rat this point.
Ah ok, didn't know they could run native. Cheers!

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
True! So BC and native cross play functionality? That's huge.

If Scarlet comes with built-in BC and cross play a "boost mode" that actually works and makes those older games better would be great.
I'm hoping that will be a standard feature next gen.
After what they did on Xbox One and One X I don't have single doubt that is the case.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

In one tweet, it achieves the following

1. Tries to douse rumors that they're running well behind schedule

2. Reminds everyone that Scarlett his native BC

3. Remind everyone that their regular xb1 controllers are forward compatible and work on Scarlett.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
How much Taco Bell did he have to eat to get that?

XboxCowdry

alt account
Banned
Sep 1, 2019

That's how it works ... You have development kits revision 2 set out early and then keep updating the kits. Like how SEGA at the start sent out Set 2 development kits , then Set 4 and then the final set 5 . MICROSOFT were using Beta 360 kits even as late as E3 2005

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Quite interesting to know a physical model of Scarlet is ready, plugged in and working with thier services, not just a spec sheet in excel.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if it's currently running the same exact UI as Xbox One and they plan a brand new UI across the Xbox One and Scarlett systems next fall. I enjoy the UI but I would like to see some things evolve.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft is being really cheeky about their new console this time around. Interesting...

They must be really confident in their specs and features...

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017

I... I...

13018a58c48bacd36565bf5c.jpg

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018

Hell I don't know. Maybe he's just excited to have the thing they have been working on at home and he is proud of the teams work. I also have to imagine that not being able to talk openly about your new tech can get difficult. He was probably itching to say something.