• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Xbox comes out swinging next gen. It's been all PS4 for me this gen plus switch but I'd like to see 360 level aggression from Xbox.

10TFs, 18GB+, 1TB SSD, 8 cores @3.4Ghz, and for $399 would be killer with Halo Infinite. Take a $50+ loss per unit. I know $499 works coz it's established by Xbox One in 2013 and One X but 399 would be a great message to send at the very start of the gen

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
I am very excited for new hardware but it's kind of weird to hype it up a next-gen console by talking about a controller for existing hardware as well as the implied meaning that he's using it for existing XB1/X games.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Gimme.gif.24a2d5da071e317bde3fc92ff931840e.gif
This

Feb 26, 2018
this seems like he is indirectly refuting the rumours perpetuated by many journalists including at the Verge who claim the kit isn't ready because of Microsoft wanting to 'surprise' Sony or alternatively because they are behind schedule.

One more thing, now we know the location of one unit!
Those journalist are saying that most devs don't have the kits. Which still can be true

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this seems like he is indirectly refuting the rumours perpetuated by many journalists including at the Verge who claim the kit isn't ready because of Microsoft wanting to 'surprise' Sony or alternatively because they are behind schedule.

One more thing, now we know the location of one unit!

Just cause he brought a kit home doesn't mean it is finalized and doesn't mean it can't change from now till whenever their Dev deadline is.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
You know, let me just say as someone who has been really down on Xbox since the original One reveal...

Phil has done a fucking incredible job at the head of the gaming division, and has completely turned the brand around in one console generation.
As someone who loved the Kinect, gestures and the promise of VR on my Scorpio.... Phil can screw himself.

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Lol this could literally just be a response to people saying they're trailing behind. Kinda crazy how easily some people fall for big corporation stuff, especially when it comes to Phil. If it's true, then cool. If not, well, we'd never know if it's true, huh?
ffs man it's a devkit, why would he lie about it? lying literally only gets him in trouble at his position.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the journalists reporting simply talked about communication with devs and devkits not being in the hands of devs. Anyone thinking this is some sort of retort to the journalists are being dumb.

Communication could be behind, availability of devkits could be behind AND the console specs could be final. All can be true.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I am very excited for new hardware but it's kind of weird to hype it up a next-gen console by talking about a controller for existing hardware as well as the implied meaning that he's using it for existing XB1/X games.
Hmm? This means it's going to be backwards compatible with not only software but also hardware which is a huge deal.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Lol this could literally just be a response to people saying they're trailing behind. Kinda crazy how easily some people fall for big corporation stuff, especially when it comes to Phil. If it's true, then cool. If not, well, we'd never know if it's true, huh?
You think he'd be lying about something like this lol? What is there to gain? A bit of misdirection?