• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, makes sense. They want people on gamepass. This can be a key piece to that. As a PlayStation and PC gamer this makes me happy. I'm covered for all my wants. With very low investment too. Waiting towards the end of the gen when I have a decent PC to get a couple of months of gamepass and blow through all the Xbox Studios games I'm interested in lol.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thats where I'm at.

They've been dancing around a lot in interviews since the deal isn't finalized yet but Phil definitely has big plans for Bethesda.
He won me over. I was going to get only a PS5 for next gen but the moment the Bethesda news was announced it was over, I got an XSX as well (and I love it).

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Excited to see what Tango and Arkane will do next. Hopefully they can continue making single-player games.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I guess no Doom 6 and such on PS5. A shame but oh well. I made my peace with it.

If I do get a PC before the next Doom I will buy it if not then I guess I will wait until one day I can play it.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I mean yea. It's like people have to keep being told that MS didn't pay 7.5 billion to put games on their competitors platforms. You don't boost your platform if you don't have anything to entice people to it in the first place.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Alright, "they won't make big franchises exclusive" gang to the left, "Elder Scrolls VI is Xbox exclusive" gang to the right.

Sep 29, 2019
Bethesda games going all to the Gamepass [or at least, it's what i'm thinking will happen] will be massive. They have such an important library of games. Plus, all Bethesda releases day one on GP... Truly a steal.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited, Bethesda has some great studios (Arkane, id, Machine Games, etc.), with the backing of Microsoft I can imagine they will go wild. Bigger budget could be really help some of them I think.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The big guns aren't coming to Playstation as long as they're driving subs & hardware for Microsoft. That might mean a year or two, or indefinitely.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A platform holder buying an entire publisher is still the grossest bit of "money-hatting" I think we've ever had in this industry.

Whether this works out for good or ill for Bethesda only time will tell though I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to seeing what's in the pipeline for Bethesda going forward.

A lot of exciting potential and legendary IP's that anybody would be thrilled to have under their umbrella.

A platform holder buying an entire publisher is still the grossest bit of "money-hatting" I think we've ever had in this industry.

Whether this works out for good or ill for Bethesda only time will tell though I guess.
Bethesda was shopping themselves to buyers.

This is only "gross" to you because who Bethesda chose to go with.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
of course they will, that's why they spent $7.5B acquiring them. I just want to see what Machine Games and Id Soft can do with MS full support.

Last edited:

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

This wasn't a hostile takeover. Zenimax was looking to sell. Besides, this isn't the first time this has happened in the industry. Sony did it back in the 90s when they acquired Psygnosis.

IzzyRX