• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Phil letting some people down, me included.

It's not the sweetness of pineapple on its own that bothers me it's the acid. Just doesn't go together with a pizza.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying this for years. Add bacon for the meat eaters or feta for the vegetarians and you've got yourself a hell of a pie.

Give me both the meat and vegetarian flavors you mention there pls. Bacon and feta can be a little odd but look, it's pizza. They'd be great.

Phil letting some people down, me included.

It's not the sweetness of pineapple on its own that bothers me it's the acid. Just doesn't go together with a pizza.

But...tomatoes have a really similar acidity...

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Never understood the hatred, i wouldn't go for it if given the choice of something more to my taste but it's not bad.

Once upon a time a certain person (look at my avatar) decided that it was disgusting, and from thenceforth began this bizarro cultural emergeance wherein liking pineapple pizza made you a social pariah. I never heard any such thing before he said that. Yeah some people liked it, some people didn't (I was one of the people who really didn't prefer it). But after he said that, it became the lame, disgusting thing to do to ridicule people for.

It's such a dumb thing to do. Like, man the guy is a good cook, but he has one of the most narrow minds and palettes of any chef I have seen on TV. If you pay close attention you'll start to see a number of other opinions of his that have propagated around and generated similar weird social enmity for no damn reason. It's the most bizarre elitism....anti-elitism....social phenomenon I think I've ever seen and it intensely annoys me.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I would eat pineapple pizza with Phil. I'm assuming this pizza is probably better than most, so I'll go against form and chance it just this once.
The ball is in your court, Phil. Can you make a convert out of me in 2019?

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Phil Spencer is a man with excellent taste in pizza. I approve. I like a nice combo of sweet and spicy for that wonderful kick or sweet, savory and spicy.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
NO, try to ask for it in Italy. Good luck
Firstly, I'm not sure how this is really relevant given it has been a whopping 130 long years since the pizza was first "officially" invented in Napoli, time moves on. Perhaps the inventor of the pizza would have loved a bit of pineapple on there if they'd had some pineapples lying around! And as I already mentioned earlier in the thread, whilst pineapple on pizza is near impossible to find there in Southern Italy, it's everywhere these days in Northern Italy.

Secondly, what is impossible to find in Italy though is the likes of (also American influenced) stuffed crusts and deep pans but I don't see anyone here complaining about those on the basis of Italian pizza nationalism.

Really, pizzas are just fucking dough with shit on them. Like sandwiches, pasties, pies, enjoy whatever the hell you like on them and no need to be so needlessly pretentious. Enjoy your Texan BBQ pizza, enjoy your chicken tikka pizza, enjoy your chocolate and marshmallow pizza, or your classic margherita. Expand your horizons :)

Feb 10, 2018
DrH4IfKXgAI1tXF.jpg

Looks delicious, going to make it soon.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
they don't put kimchi on pizza in italy either but that doesn't mean it doesn't kick ass

Man this weird appeal to culture and what should and shouldn't be done with food is so bizarre to me.

Like we should be more experimental with mixing foods around and trying new things. Why put things in boxes.

aCid

Aug 18, 2018
Canada
Charred pinneaple and mozzarella with side-bacon on a crispy thin crust pie... is the best pizza I have ever eaten.

Phil's alright. Xbox on the other hand...

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
So he likes pineapple pizza but dislike Viva Piñata? Ugh, Peter Moore can't come back soon enough

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The whole pineapple debate is the most annoying debate I've ever come across. Even the pronunciation debate of .gif isn't this annoying.

I am sure there are worse things one could shove on a pizza like pickles.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Next week on Era Hot Goss: Can you guess the smell of Kojima's socks?! You won't believe it when we tell you!!

Also pineapple pizza is objectively the best pizza because of savoury and sweet combo.

I have can have both on pizza, I draw the line on banana on pizza.

Banana on a chocolate sweet pizza is fucking to die for.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
I am pretty sure more then half of people that say they don't like pineapple on pizza they didn't tried it, or at least they tried it on bad place.

Pineapple with ham/mortadella on pizza is really good.
Sadily there is few places that make one in my city.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've lost a little of respect for Phil after this pineapple reveal

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lot of good news the last few days. I see now, he is a man of culture and taste.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Good man! I regret the kebab pizza I had yesterday, should've went with the pineapple! Or at least sprinkled pineapple on top of the kebab, a missed fucking opportunity!

Oct 31, 2017
I am pretty sure more then half of people that say they don't like pineapple on pizza they didn't tried it, or at least they tried it on bad place.
Most of you people who claim to like pizza in general tried it in a bad place, anyway.

That, until you come here in Italy to get a proper one.
And there are plenty of bad ones in Italy as well, if you are not careful with your choice.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
But why aren't they making mature pizzas with photorealistic vegetables? These toppings just look all the same.

And I can't eat it all to myself? I have to share it with others?