• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We already know they're willing to sell some rights to them since Homecoming is thoroughly a Sony movie, distribution wise, but will be on Disney+).

Is this confirmed? They didn't show Homecoming in any of the slides in the Disney+ webcast.

If that's the case, Disney better talk to Sony about putting the Muppet movies they own on the service.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lord and Miller and Genndy Tartakovsky working at the same place? They should get together and make a Spider-Man Noir animated series together.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
So yeah. I've said my thoughts about what I think and hope this means for the Marvel/Sony deal renegotiation on the previous page of this thread already, even though it was a long winded rant about it. Hopefully people have either read it, or the summary of it so that I can hope to foster a positive discussion for what this might mean for our fair Spidey in the MCU and the other successes the past 1.5 years have brought us!

I do believe a bright future is ahead for this deal. Besides, continuing that dumb non-MCU Venomverse would lose them more money than just letting all the live action Spider-Man stuff be ran by Marvel Studios as part of the MCU and being allowed to continue the Spider-Verse Animated stuff IMO.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
really hoping this isn't at the expense of the sequel
Don't worry, I don't think it will. I get a feeling this is to help the most popular alternate Universe Spider-people from the first movie get the Spin-off series they deserve.
I'm convinced Spider-Verse will have a sequel like how the MCU Spidey will.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah. I've said my thoughts about what I think and hope this means for the Marvel/Sony deal renegotiation on the previous page of this thread already, even though it was a long winded rant about it. Hopefully people have either read it, or the summary of it so that I can hope to foster a positive discussion for what this might mean for our fair Spidey in the MCU and the other successes the past 1.5 years have brought us!

I do believe a bright future is ahead for this deal. Besides, continuing that dumb non-MCU Venomverse would lose them more money than just letting all the live action Spider-Man stuff be ran by Marvel Studios as part of the MCU and being allowed to continue the Spider-Verse Animated stuff IMO.
This has nothing to do with how venom did so not sure why you think they are somehow related. Venom is a big success and they are absolutely going to do a sequel and it has already been unofficially slated for late 2020. The next movie they are focused on is the Morbius movie which is already shooting. Also this deal states Phil lord and Chris Miller will do series based on Sony universe of marvel characters so that could also include an animated venom show.

The game deal has nothing to do with the movie side of things and Sony pictures and the game divisions are not all that coordinated to make such a deal. Besides insomniac games have indirectly mentioned a couple of times it is not related to the movie deal

Is this confirmed? They didn't show Homecoming in any of the slides in the Disney+ webcast.

If that's the case, Disney better talk to Sony about putting the Muppet movies they own on the service.
Yea I don't think homecoming is going on Disney plus. Sony pictures has a deal with starz to be the exclusive pay tv provider of their movies thru 2021 so maybe after that, it can happen

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
They need to put them in charge of the movies too - live action and animated. Get rid of Avi and his goons once and for all.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds dope. This isn't the character that makes her clothes from her webs is it though?

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Ehhhh...not really a fan of Silk and her usage by Slott. Especially live action. Then again maybe they'll make me like her like how the film made me like Miles more than Bendis ever did.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
yes! Will be amazing to see asian woman get a lead super hero role. Still curious about the TV rights and marvel,

Basically, this isn't MCU. Sony's making their own shows with the rights their allowed to use. And they basically have rights to any Spider-Man character in film adapatations, all live-action adaptations, and over 30 minute animated adaptations. Marvel can only use Spider-Man and related characters in 30 minute animated shows.

The only way Marvel could do something is with Sony's permission, similar to how Homecoming and Far From Home were made. But obviously Sony would own it.

But Sony isn't taking that route because they want their own universe they don't have to share with Marvel Studios.