• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phil LaMarr best voice acting role?

• Samurai Jack

Votes: 43 18.2%
  • John Stewart (Green Lantern)

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • Virgil Hawkins (Static)

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Wilt

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Hermes Conrad

Votes: 97 41.1%
  • Vamp

Votes: 47 19.9%
  • Kit Fisto

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can't choose, because they're all too good.

I guess maybe Hermes, but really, I can't choose. Phil is a master of his craft.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's tough, there's so many good ones.

I think John Stewart had the best material to work with - he really gave that guy a soul, like a real person. The whole romance with Hawkgirl was honestly really moving. It's a lot less "fun" a role than most of his stuff, he's a very stiff character, but he hit a home run.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
He seem's to be such a great guy, would love to meet him. Love his MadTV stuff too.
My vote is a tie between Vamp and Hermes.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally impossible to choose. The guy IS voice acting. The most recognizable and yet appropriate voice in all of voice acting. His prolific career is amazing. Hands down the greatest voice actor of our generation.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
I have to give it to Jack because he has such comparatively limited dialogue in which to imbue Jack with a soul, yet he does so very effectively.

Oct 25, 2017
This guy and I share a birthday!

John Stewart on JL was likely the star of the show, he was focused on and had a very good arc (several, as a matter of fact), it wouldn't have been the same show without him.

Moreso than Futurama, as far as memorable ensemble casts in animations go.

Poor Marvin.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Static is the first one I think of when I think Phil LaMarr but my favorite character on that list is probably Jack.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
BTxeRyv56P5-yryMTDdA2WLCHbU=.gif

I'll always remember him for Hermes

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
John Stewart IS Green Lantern. I grew up not knowing any other GL. But man, Phil LaMarr is great in all his roles.

Oct 29, 2017
imo it's pretty close between samurai jack and john stewart. both were really good. dude is mad talented. shout out to Marvin from pulp fiction, lol. one of the few examples where improper trigger discipline is punished in movies.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
they're all so good

I picked Green Lantern but was close to choosing Samurai Jack as well

For sheer lifetime achievement award, I'd say it's Peter Cullen. He is Optimus Prime, full stop.
I feel like Peter Cullen sold me on the entire medium of anime with the Toonami Gundam Wing promo.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
What a legend. John Stewart is a great pick. He had a lot of great material in Justice League and I remember thinking "who the hell is this joker?" when I first saw Hal Jordan after growing up with Phil's performance as Green Lantern. xD

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I only heard Samurai Jack & Vamp in that list.

Might not the best, but I love his Kotal Kahn.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The problem with Phil Lamar is that he's amazing in every roles he's every done and I usually get lost into the character. The man's a legend, but my vote is for vamp purely because I was shocked when I learned he did that role. The accent was perfect and it was just the right level of camp. He had the tone of metal gear so down pat I'm still impressed