• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Good stuff. But hype-centric reactions, while they can be fun, sometimes flirt with feeling disingenuous... I prefer people who do more calm and analytical reactions since they seem more genuine and have more substance to them. These guys are currently my favorites:

Mr. Robot

Oct 30, 2017
I know about Phill Collins through other media, but i've never got to the drum solo part of this song, just listened the first minute because of Family Guy.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I do enjoy a good reaction video from time to time.

Here's one of my favorites.

" They sound like angels, bro."

Last edited:

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
They were mentioned a couple of times already, but Lost in Vegas are really my favs when it comes to stuff like this. Genuine, super likeable and I love how they are completely leaving their comfort zone. Has been amazing to see how they got into Metal/Rock over time and their reactions to songs from bands like Gojira, Strapping Young Lad, Metallica, Rush, Devin Townsend, Boston or Yes are some of my favorite vids on the internet.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1) Phil and producer Hugh Padgham created this sound during a 'happy accident' a year before on Peter Gabriel's third solo album. This is the first time I heard it.
youtu.be

Intruder

Provided to YouTube by YouTube CSV2DDEXIntruder · Peter GabrielPeter Gabriel 3: Melt (Remastered)℗ 2009 Peter Gabriel Ltd.Released on: 1980-05-23Auto-generat...

2) That other Live-Aid drummer for LZ? Tony Thompson, also a beast. People accused him of using gated reverb or even sampling on this album, but it was just him pounding hard on a Yamaha kit in a brick room.
youtu.be

The Power Station - Some Like It Hot

The official promo video for 'Some Like It Hot' by The Power Station.It was the first single released from the group's 1985 eponymous debut album, released b...

3) Phil Collins the best prog drummer of the 70s? Nope.

77wdhFK.jpg

Edit: Removed embeds of videos that don't allow it.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
when it comes down to it, reaction videos are essentially worthless content, and have little to no redeeming value

I also cannot stop watching them

I didn't hear Bohemian Rhapsody outside of a couple snippets here or there until I was an adult

not everybody listens to the same stuff

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Phil Collins is an artist I've definitely come to appreciate more and more as I've gotten older (I'm 39). Growing up in the 80s/90s I always liked his music, but now as I've gotten older I'm like DAMN some of these are absolute bangers. I don't know how to describe it, but there's just something in his voice that's so unique compared to most modern day stuff that just really resonates.

his collabs for Easy Lover (Phillip Bailey for Studio, various others for Live) are nothing short of amazing.

my fav

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
1) Phil and producer Hugh Padgham created this sound during a 'happy accident' a year before on Peter Gabriel's third solo album. This is the first time I heard it.
youtu.be

Intruder

Provided to YouTube by YouTube CSV2DDEXIntruder · Peter GabrielPeter Gabriel 3: Melt (Remastered)℗ 2009 Peter Gabriel Ltd.Released on: 1980-05-23Auto-generat...

2) That other Live-Aid drummer for LZ? Tony Thompson, also a beast. People accused him of using gated reverb or even sampling on this album, but it was just him pounding hard on a Yamaha kit in a brick room.
youtu.be

The Power Station - Some Like It Hot

The official promo video for 'Some Like It Hot' by The Power Station.It was the first single released from the group's 1985 eponymous debut album, released b...

3) Phil Collins the best prog drummer of the 70s? Nope.

77wdhFK.jpg

Edit: Removed embeds of videos that don't allow it.
Ehh I think Phil has an edge over Bruford. Bruford is great no doubt, but I think Collins' albums were far better than Bruford's. Bruford had a great output but Collins felt like he just got bigger and better with each album.. Going from Nursery Cryme to Lamb Lies Down in a short amount of years is nothing but amazing. I love Red from KC and his Yes albums, but a drummer is only good as his band around him, and I feel like Genesis was just the perfect mix of each member. Also Peart and Carl Palmer gave Collins/Bruford a run for their money! :)

But why choose either when you can have both?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
In The Air Tonight has jazz quality to it, which makes it infinitely listenable. You dont get tired of jazz. Same way no matter how many times you listen to In The Air Tonight, its still fresh. Phil Collins is stuff of legends.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, It's the drum fill. Phil Collins sucks, full da dum da dum da dum da dum da dum stop. He is a wormy sound chaser. Blech.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
pretty cute haha

kind of jelous its their first time hearing it

and kind of crazy this ad is now 13 years old

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This thread has made me go down the rabbit hole of watching people listen to Zeppelin and Pink Floyd fir the first time.

I have no idea how someone my age could have never heard Stairway or Comfortably Numb, but whatever, it's still entertaining watching them.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
At least i understand the youtubers because they get views/money. But people who watch others react is odd...I think it's for people who vicariously need that feeling of showing a friend something they like. It's kinda sad in a way.

Hey man, I like reaction videos and I have friends.

The problem is if your friends are like my friends they're annoyingly resistant to watching the shit you recommend to them & when they do, it's often in the comfort oftheir own home when I'm not around. In a way this is a throwback for me to when we were all kids and would show each other our games and favorite shows.

It's less about them and more about reliving your own discovery anyway.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I hate reaction videos to music. Like there is no way people haven't heard that song before.