• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. One of my teammates just called the ghost a bitch. She slammed the door in the room he was in, appeared suddenly and murdered him.
I snuck behind my teammates and made ghost whispering sounds into my microphone and they all thought it was the ghost. It's so easy to mess with your team in this game, lol.

This is the only game involving playing online with three other randoms, WITH voice chat, that has made me so scared I was shaking. Play it. You won't regret it.

edit - turned the lights off in the hallway of an old, abandoned highschool. Teammate asked "was that you?" and I just went "nah" and now he's freaking out

gameguy682

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I love to play it, but its hard to find a random lobby (and I don't have any friends who play it). That said, lobbies with chill people are great and we usually spend a few hours together.

ReCross

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the best games released this year for me. So many hours playing with friends and it's still thrilling as fuck.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Ive been streaming it with Gus Johnson lately and its been such a blast! Such a fun clue-like/detective-like game!

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I convinced some friends to pick it up last night, we had a blast learning last night and tonight. I can't wait to see what they all add to this game, its fun!

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Yeah, played for the first time tonight with a friend and was a lot of fun. Normally not into MP games, but this works great.

OP
OP
Cyanity

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Oh btw, if you're looking for people to play with, the dev (it's only one guy!) has an official discord that is super active - discord.gg/phasmophobia

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've put 17 hours into it over the past few days and haven't had a bad group of people yet. One of the best communities I've ever played with. My wife and I just played with a new player for about two and a half hours and it was great! I like playing with new people and helping them out when they have questions. My favorite part though is that new players freak out a lot more about stuff as they don't fully understand all the mechanics and stuff. It makes it more enjoyable.

I never use a microphone with people I don't know usually, but I do in this, and I haven't had any bad experiences yet. I'm hoping it stays that way!

My wife and I plan on trying it in VR soon now that we have a solid grasp on everything. I just wish it were easier for us to be in public games together. Right now one of us has to join one while the other scrolls through dozens of pages looking for the same match and hoping it still has room when we find it. I wish we could start a private room and then switch it to public or something, or that every public room also had a code you can give someone.