• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Probably when they removed the matterboards. Did you want to farm drops for your story? lol
Ahhh matter boards... I didn't think they were too bad, at least they had us going out and getting cutscenes

Also I can't get the close encounter with a masked demon ARKS mission to complete. I had already cleared that story mission before it came up as an ARKS mission, recleared it and it's still not finished in the mission menu

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Anyone know how to get a scratch ticket for the daily mission today?

dwix85

Nov 15, 2017
I find myself staring at all of these different quest types and I'm not really sure how to progress effectively. There are the 4 player ones, the 12 player ones (but they have zones for one party and multi-party?), story quests, sub quests, etc. - I guess what I'm asking is: can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm basically doing party searches for a bunch of things but there's no real rhyme or reason to it - just that something around the level I'm at is up and running. Feels directionless and I'm wondering if I missed something.

EDIT: should add I feel this even worse when I switch classes. What's the right way to gain some EXP and get photon arts so that I can actually make progress?

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
I find myself staring at all of these different quest types and I'm not really sure how to progress effectively. There are the 4 player ones, the 12 player ones (but they have zones for one party and multi-party?), story quests, sub quests, etc. - I guess what I'm asking is: can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm basically doing party searches for a bunch of things but there's no real rhyme or reason to it - just that something around the level I'm at is up and running. Feels directionless and I'm wondering if I missed something.

EDIT: should add I feel this even worse when I switch classes. What's the right way to gain some EXP and get photon arts so that I can actually make progress?
You can try doing the Main Missions (Menu button and then X button on the Xbox controller) or check the Quest counter NPCs, Cofy usually has most of the progression Client orders. You can buy very basic stuff in the Shopping Plaza, there's a Disc shop and Weapon Shop near the big center fountain.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The Elite Controller really helps make this game a lot easier to play (as it does with most games). I set three of the paddles to A/X/Y, and one to d-pad down. That way, I can attack and change palettes while still having full movement and camera control. Still have to use my thumbs to cycle through the inventory or interact with objects / NPCs, but I don't think there's much that can be done to change that.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone notice if there was a UI adjustment to turn down how bright the icons are? This game is going to reek havoc on OLED sets.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
That urgent mission is another super quick one lol. Are any of the other ones in the game more like the Cradle of Darkness one where there's some exploration instead of just a battle?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
They extended it? I wasn't able to log in yesterday and could have logged in today... Nooooooooooo :(

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
They extended it? I wasn't able to log in yesterday and could have logged in today... Nooooooooooo :(
It's playable for about three hours, thirteen minutes or so from right now. The final urgent mission is in an hour and thirteen.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hit level 42, have 10* Armor and was able to do 4 separate Urgents, so I will get all the bonuses :)

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
The Elite Controller really helps make this game a lot easier to play (as it does with most games). I set three of the paddles to A/X/Y, and one to d-pad down. That way, I can attack and change palettes while still having full movement and camera control. Still have to use my thumbs to cycle through the inventory or interact with objects / NPCs, but I don't think there's much that can be done to change that.
I set sub pallet movement to the triggers. On d-pad I have auto run and inter act, and replaced quick menu with map details.

I'm also playing with two button style since that's what I'm used to, so I don't need as many buttons.

That urgent mission is another super quick one lol. Are any of the other ones in the game more like the Cradle of Darkness one where there's some exploration instead of just a battle?
A lot are just kill the boss

But there are a bunch of field based ones where it's just a free field filled with tons of monsters and bosses

And there are some weird ones like fighting in a mech, tower defense, etc.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
How do you know if the Urgent missions have been completed to get the rewards. I did 2 last night and 1 this evening so far. So I will do the next one at 1am est and call it a night.

Aay the Halo accessory that you get for logging into the beta...will that accessory be available to any new character to make? I ask because maybe in the future I want to make a new character and maybe sport some of these items on the new character too.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
How do you know if the Urgent missions have been completed to get the rewards. I did 2 last night and 1 this evening so far. So I will do the next one at 1am est and call it a night.

Aay the Halo accessory that you get for logging into the beta...will that accessory be available to any new character to make? I ask because maybe in the future I want to make a new character and maybe sport some of these items on the new character too.
If it's like the Japanese version, no. The tickets are sent to the Visiphone to claim but you can store them in the shared storage to claim on the character you want to use it on. They made a change a few years back that lets players use a 2nd of the same fashion ticket to unlock that fashion item on your account instead of per character so hopefully they'll give another one out sometime in the future.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I understand how to really play my Force character. I did the tutorial on it, she's level 17, but she just sucks assssss compared to me Hunter. He crushes everything so easy.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got up to L15 after 3ish hours. Couldn't try an Urgent Mission (was L10 when it popped off) but really digged what I did play. I'll definitely be back for the Open Beta. Makes me feel like I'm right back playing O1 and Universe. The memories!!

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Are the Urgent Quest rewards like the Dreamcast Mag stored in any particular place? I've done 4 but haven't seen the rewards pop up anywhere

Oct 27, 2017
Well, finished my last urgent quest at LV 27. Wish I had more time to play, but glad I got to knock the quests out.

Thanks again, PSO-Era, for helping out with everyone's starter questions, including my annoying ones.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Nooooooo! I missed this. The one time I'm not on the forum for a week and I miss my fav online game of all time. Please tell me there's going to be another one...

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
EXP+Tri Boost during Emergency quests

Free Field plus the corresponding Hans/Kressida/Revelle/Lo/Franka client orders give you like 50,000+ EXP

Most weapons use their corrosponding atk (s/r/t attack), and are the ons you should care about. DEX items are an exception (like the red series) and you should just ignore them. The exception is Braver weapons. For Bravers, you can invest in MAG Dex since they have a DEX conversion skill.

Force Techer would have the most utility and good damage

Force Fighter I THINK would offer slight overall higher damage boosts (Techer would increase Light spells, which most bosses/enemies are weak to)

Force Gunner is a fun gimmick class that's still pretty good

Force Techter then. Although I might look into Summoner as sub as well

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I got so hooked i ended up installing the japan PC client and started playing it. Can't wait for full release.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Literally JUST finished the coast exploration. Ended the game at level 46 main, 29 sub. I eagerly await the open beta

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
My character at the end of the beta:

sUoweV7.png

Needless to say, can't wait until the next beta. Don't really want to play anything else now lol

Edit: Also, some pictures of the ERA Alliance HQ:

6buURXi.png

Oj61cW1.png

ALRnMhQ.png

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

sUoweV7.png

Needless to say, can't wait until the next beta. Don't really want to play anything else now lol

6buURXi.png

Oj61cW1.png

ALRnMhQ.png
All looks very cool! Well done on getting all the discord and alliance stuff and everything up and running!

The beta was fun, but very hectic, and I was just trying to grapple with the menus!

aliencowz7

Apr 24, 2018
Managed to get up to 52 Main 40 Sub, unlocked super hard and all the areas. I'm sure I wasn't playing as efficiently as possible since I only played a tiny bit of jp but I'm satisfied enough with it.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I forgot to try out the 2 button control option, does anyone know what it changes?
For ranged/tech weapons, it just gives you two slots for attacks/PAs/techs in your front and back palette (for a total of 4 compared to the 3 button's 6).

Melee works slightly differently. With the two button system, you assign a combo of 3 PAs and which one you use depends on which stage of the attack you're at. So you could go normal attack > PA > PA and it would use the PAs in your 2nd and 3rd slot. There's no freedom to pick which melee PA you'll use within the combo.

It's an older system and the 3 button control is honestly a lot better.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
For ranged/tech weapons, it just gives you two slots for attacks/PAs/techs in your front and back palette (for a total of 4 compared to the 3 button's 6).

Melee works slightly differently. With the two button system, you assign a combo of 3 PAs and which one you use depends on which stage of the attack you're at. So you could go normal attack > PA > PA and it would use the PAs in your 2nd and 3rd slot. There's no freedom to pick which melee PA you'll use within the combo.

It's an older system and the 3 button control is honestly a lot better.

Oh weird. That's kinda interesting. Sounds very limiting, I'm glad they added 3 button. Much better.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I started out as the ranger/shooter class and found the default button setup weird...face buttons for attack whilst trying to use twin sticks!?

I got lucky and figured out the way to remap buttons, so I had base attack on right trigger, and the next two attacks on left bumper and right bumper. It felt much more like a shooter that way with second/third attacks activating like grenades in other games.

I think then the best addition would be left and right dpad on the elite paddles, so you can easily switch between healing items and other abilities.

I guess if you really wanted you could also put dpad up/down (weapon switching) on the paddles too but that would be too much for me!

Managed to get up to 52 Main 40 Sub, unlocked super hard and all the areas. I'm sure I wasn't playing as efficiently as possible since I only played a tiny bit of jp but I'm satisfied enough with it.

That's crazy - I'm sure people can't have got much higher!? can they? I wonder if the devs will push any stats on highest level, or number of players or anything.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I forgot to try out the 2 button control option, does anyone know what it changes?
Mewn explained it perfectly. Basically you set 3 arts and comboing would cycle through them in a loop.

It's how the game used to play. If you look at some of the earlier arts, you can kinda see that that's how Sega wanted you to play, by chaining together 3 arts in cool ways, but obviously that's not how things played out and only Fighter is incentivized to use multiple PA's in a combo.

On keyboard I'm okay with 3 button, but on controller it feels weird to me and I'd rather have more buttons available. Not having map control (using large mini map is basically useless) or auto run is annoying, so I'm willing to sacrifice PA control for QoL changes, especially since the bulk of my time with this game was spent in 2 button.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Also everyone who played, make sure you fill out the survey on the official PSO2 website for a free 500 AC when the game launches. Check out the news page for more details because it's oddly hard to find otherwise. Pretty dumb they need a guide on how to even find the survey, but I guess that's appropriate for Menu Manager Online 2

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017

sUoweV7.png

6buURXi.png

Oj61cW1.png

ALRnMhQ.png

Nice! Another thanks for setting up the alliance and discord.

I logged back in for about an hour last night and got just shy of level 28. I had a ton of fun with the game this weekend and am really looking forward to playing the open beta and full release when it comes out. Took a while for me to figure out all the menus and systems, and I still am unsure of a lot, but I have a pretty good handle on a lot of it now. Pretty happy I was able to complete all 4 Urgent Quests. Now for the wait.

I started out as the ranger/shooter class and found the default button setup weird...face buttons for attack whilst trying to use twin sticks!?

I got lucky and figured out the way to remap buttons, so I had base attack on right trigger, and the next two attacks on left bumper and right bumper. It felt much more like a shooter that way with second/third attacks activating like grenades in other games.

I think then the best addition would be left and right dpad on the elite paddles, so you can easily switch between healing items and other abilities.

I guess if you really wanted you could also put dpad up/down (weapon switching) on the paddles too but that would be too much for me!

Oh that's a great idea! I also played a ranger and had a lot of fun with it. I got used to the controls, but I think I'll try and remap the controls to something more conventional like you have. It might make it a bit easier to play.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that's a great idea! I also played a ranger and had a lot of fun with it. I got used to the controls, but I think I'll try and remap the controls to something more conventional like you have. It might make it a bit easier to play.

It worked pretty well IMHO. My only "issue" was that I onyl changed the OTS (over the shoulder) control scheme as I was wary of messing everything up completely. The only way to do my mapping (in their mapping editor) meant the interact/pickup button changed (from B to X or vice versa). It doesn't really matter but I confused myself whether I needed to press X or B to talk to people in the hub, depending what view I was in.

I think I wanted to keep B as dodge so I had set X as pick up/interact....maybe...it's all a bit of a blur to be honest.