• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed! But I'm super confused lol

How the heck do I do these client orders? I do what I'm told but I can only abandon them? Am I not doing them properly?

From the counter lady or regular npcs? Counter lady has a lot locked behind higher difficulties, sometimes with regular npcs you might need to zone if its a talk to them objective

Oct 27, 2017
Another stupid question. It's said that I talk to cofi at the quest desk for the mission for my first mag, but she tells me that she can't talk right now. What gives?

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
went from level 6 to 13 doing the last urgent quest twice and my equipment quality has shot through the roof.

Getting rewarded for things is fun!

(take notes Bungie)

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
You have to complete three urgent quests during the beta (and each has to be in a different time period). Unfortunately I don't think you can get it if you haven't started yet. There are only two more urgent quests coming up.

Do they have to be 3 unique or could I have done 2 cradle of darkness and then one coming up?

I've done cradle of darkness twice in separate time time periods

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Agreed! But I'm super confused lol

How the heck do I do these client orders? I do what I'm told but I can only abandon them? Am I not doing them properly?

sometimes you have to bring up your menu, scroll right to the icon of the Earth, then choose ARKS Missions. This brings up a window. If there's a reward to get from a mission you've completed, the "Receive All Rewards" button should be highlighted and you can press A to get it and complete the mission.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
From the counter lady or regular npcs? Counter lady has a lot locked behind higher difficulties, sometimes with regular npcs you might need to zone if its a talk to them objective

I have a few client orders from NPCs in the cafe as well as one from Afi, and his is telling me to change weapon palletes. I did that, but I can't seem to turn it in. What do you mean by zoning, pardon my ignorance.

sometimes you have to bring up your menu, scroll right to the icon of the Earth, then choose ARKS Missions. This brings up a window. If there's a reward to get from a mission you've completed, the "Receive All Rewards" button should be highlighted and you can press A to get it and complete the mission.

I was able to turn in some of my quests, thank you :) I didn't know you had to do that for all of them. What a pain lol

Unfortunately that didn't clear the client orders tho :(

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
God I'm going to hate not having this game to play tomorrow.

Switching to Summoner for a bit.

I'm guessing this concert will be in the giant Shop Plaza area. My wife gonna be rolling her eyes at it I already know 😂

Oct 25, 2017
I have a few client orders from NPCs in the cafe as well as one from Afi, and his is telling me to change weapon palletes. I did that, but I can't seem to turn it in. What do you mean by zoning, pardon my ignorance.
hmm, that one completed right in front of him for me no problem. By zoning he means changing the area your in. Like do a mission and come back, or changing blocks. I dont think changing areas in the ship works, like you can just goto the shopping area and come back to the gate, but you might as well try that since its quick

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
hmm, that one completed right in front of him for me no problem. By zoning he means changing the area your in. Like do a mission and come back, or changing blocks. I dont think changing areas in the ship works, like you can just goto the shopping area and come back to the gate, but you might as well try that since its quick
I'll give that a shot around the time of the next urgent quest, doumo :)

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I can't be the only one that thinks the HUD is too small. I'm playing this on my 4K and still can't tell make out what's going on. Is there a way to make it bigger?

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
There wasn't supposed to be an urgent quest just now, was there? I just got a message about it while in the forest.

[edit] Maybe it was just asking people to join the one an hour and a half from now? There's nothing happening back in the lobby.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I had to go get food when the 8pm est even took place. Feels bad man.

Now I cant get the cool little dreamcast mag. Damn and I'm not even a dreamcast fanboy. Lol.

Edit: I have done zero events 😭

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I can't be the only one that thinks the HUD is too small. I'm playing this on my 4K and still can't tell make out what's going on. Is there a way to make it bigger?
Yeah, you can do that from the main menu, before choose your ship or load a character or whatever. I think it's window settings or something like that, though I still don't think everything's quite large enough.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
How much do yall care about optimal pay, cuz I kinda want to make another fighter/caster
is there an easy to follow mag guide ? Especially one for a force
Feed them magic weapons but don't let Dex level up. Alternate feeding them weapons and furniture which will lower their dex and raise their attack. I THINK it's 5 star furniture, but it might be six.

how big a part of the full game are urgent quests?

i find them really chaotic and not too fun, but running through a level with people popping in is pretty fun
A large part, but some of them are much more controlled and less chaotic

I'm playing as a summoner. How do I level up my pet?
Feed them eggs, which is kinda fucked up if you think about it. They have a cool down system just like MAGs

Also put candy in their box. Read a guide on candy box, since fixing them is costs Ex cubes

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Hopefully the Dreamcast mag isn't only attainable by playing the beta, because I just started playing a couple hours ago, and the only urgent quest available was way too high level for me.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the Dreamcast mag isn't only attainable by playing the beta, because I just started playing a couple hours ago, and the only urgent quest available was way too high level for me.
It doesn't really help you now, but you can join the quest regardless of level. They have multiple groups in one instance and there has been no trouble completing them even with level 3s in the party.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Anyone else rebind the keys? I couldn't stand the default, especially using the d-pad to select sub pallet stuff. I'm going with a sub-optimal fighter/summoner build just for fun. Hopefully they release the all class talis soon. If not, I'll have to sub Techer or Bouncer.

There wasn't supposed to be an urgent quest just now, was there? I just got a message about it while in the forest.

[edit] Maybe it was just asking people to join the one an hour and a half from now? There's nothing happening back in the lobby.
That was just them telling you this is a stress test, so please do UQ's to stress the system

Where do you find a Fodran to kill?
Volcanic Exploration, area 2. It's random if it will show up. You can check missions for more details which will tell you what monsters show up and how often

Another stupid question. It's said that I talk to cofi at the quest desk for the mission for my first mag, but she tells me that she can't talk right now. What gives?
Do Affin's tutorial missions first

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Anyone else rebind the keys? I couldn't stand the default, especially using the d-pad to select sub pallet stuff. I'm going with a sub-optimal fighter/summoner build just for fun. Hopefully they release the all class talis soon. If not, I'll have to sub Techer or Bouncer.
No rebinding yet but I plan to make Elite controller profiles for the game. Want to make an optimal solution for my bouncer and ranger classes !

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
For anyone that played the JP release at launch, was it as much a sub-systems and menu's simulator as it is today or is this just the result of a decade of bloat? It's like nobody stopped to think that just because you can doesn't mean you should.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
For anyone that played the JP release at launch, was it as much a sub-systems and menu's simulator as it is today or is this just the result of a decade of bloat?

It had a ton of menus back then but I wouldn't be surprised if its just years of bloat. Navigating them was a nightmare until you got guides to tell you where shit is. Its been 8+ years of constant updates with probably no end in sight as far as I know. I was only concerned with customization, appraisal and the matter board back then since that was how you progressed to new content and avoided everything else.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
If anyone wants another button for things like changing the mini map or auto run, the quick menu isn't that important, or you can switch to 2 button mode instead of 3

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Yeah,loving the game and I will play the hell out of it but there is too much stuff that needs to be done in menues...I mean when you come back from an order or a main mission and it give you your ranking,on the next window it should give you the rewards and complete it...why does it say 0...then you have to either find the person or go in the Globe part,again in a menu to complete it...I know one day is not much to get use to a big game like this but oooff...

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
It had a ton of menus back then but I wouldn't be surprised if its just years of bloat. Navigating them was a nightmare until you got guides to tell you where shit is. Its been 8+ years of constant updates with probably no end in sight as far as I know. I was only concerned with customization, appraisal and the matter board back then since that was how you progressed to new content and avoided everything else.

Some really bizarre design decisions that seem to have been made on another planet based on a different set of principles than exist on earth. Hidden sub menus nested in hidden sub menus to turn in quests...wat?!? Multiple types of (functionally identical) quests with several different origin points...why?!? There no logical or rational basis for a lot of the nonsense here.

Last edited:

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
FroF1Fn.jpg

This is gonna get a lot of use!

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Some really bizarre design decisions that seem to have been made on another planet based on a different set of principles than exist on earth. Hidden sub menus nested in hidden sub menus to turn in quests...wat?!? Multiple types of quests with several different origin points...why?!? There no logical or rational basis for a lot of the nonsense here.
Wait til you realize how many currencies there are

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
How much do yall care about optimal pay, cuz I kinda want to make another fighter/caster

Feed them magic weapons but don't let Dex level up. Alternate feeding them weapons and furniture which will lower their dex and raise their attack. I THINK it's 5 star furniture, but it might be six.

thanks.

Concert started

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Have they said that the Beta will be extended due to the fubar on launch day of the Beta? I am more upset that due to the amount of time I have, I had earmarked most of my game time for the day of the start of the beta and well we all know how that went. So I hope they give all players the bonus stuff in particular the Dreamcast mag...which I really really want since I put easily over 1000 hours into the DC PSO back in the day.

With all that said, I am pretty impressed with how this game looks and how good the framerate is. Yeah there are some slowdowns (on the X) but overall it has been rally damn good and looks really sharp.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have they said that the Beta will be extended due to the fubar on launch day of the Beta? I am more upset that due to the amount of time I have, I had earmarked most of my game time for the day of the start of the beta and well we all know how that went. So I hope they give all players the bonus stuff in particular the Dreamcast mag...which I really really want since I put easily over 1000 hours into the DC PSO back in the day.

With all that said, I am pretty impressed with how this game looks and how good the framerate is. Yeah there are some slowdowns (on the X) but overall it has been rally damn good and looks really sharp.
Unfortunately they haven't said anything about extending the beta. They added some more urgent events, but I agree it sucks for those who were planning most of their playtime for Friday.

Edit: Oops, I spoke too soon.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This concert is something else. Everyone's just jumping at the stage and going nuts lmao.

Fallen92

Oct 26, 2017
California

They have actually, it's being extended to tomorrow from 5pm to midnight PST
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1226355157060866048?s=19

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
So the concert's actually been a lot of fun to watch. The fact that people in the ships can throw out message and emote sometimes is really funny.

The dubbing on the songs actually wasn't super cringy either, so that's a huge plus. Granted, I unironically loved the opening to PSU, so I'm probs the target audience anyway.

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
I don't even know how to find the concert.

this game was on the Dreamcast? Seems like so much shit to do and beyond it's time.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Damn so when do we get the official release of this game?
I just feel there is SOOOOO MUCH scattered everywhere as far as activating quests and events. I still dont know what to do with half the crap I have.
I played so much PSO episode 1 & 2 and can't believe I dont know what to do here.
Level 16 too now.