• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
shit, I completed two urgent quests today but I don't see the halo item tikets in my inventory anywhere... I had Halo B sitting there, but that's not one from the urgents right?

anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
You get them on official release. The only immediate beta rewards are a salon pass and that halo B

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
If I hook up an Xbox and start with the beta there, will I be able to eventually continue progress with the Win10 version when that's available?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
So I switched from Ranger to Gunner right after getting through the prologue but, even though it says I'm a Gunner, I can't figure out how to switch to twin machine guns or the skill bar for it. I only have access to the assault rifle and a gunblade. Anyone know what I need to do?

SrirachaX

Apr 12, 2019
So I switched from Ranger to Gunner right after getting through the prologue but, even though it says I'm a Gunner, I can't figure out how to switch to twin machine guns or the skill bar for it. I only have access to the assault rifle and a gunblade. Anyone know what I need to do?
I forgot the exact sequence of menus but you need to have some TMGs in your inventory and set a weapon palette (at least that's what they're called on the JP version) and assign the TMGs to one. If you press start and go through equipment then you should see the option for the weapon palettes

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Played a bunch this morning and it sucks I can't complete the UQ because of my schedule. I was ready last night when all the servers went down. Now I think the beta ends tonight? Feels bad.

SrirachaX

Apr 12, 2019
So I picked up several great weapons but I lack the DEX for it. How do I up the DEX for my character?
Usually you get most of your DEX off the stats given by a subclass. Some classes also have skills you can put points to (Ranger, Braver, Bouncer), but you shouldn't put more points into those than necessary to progress in the skill tree as the extra DEX doesn't contribute much for the points better spent in other skills.

I think a couple classes give a DEX bonus if they're 75 and you pick up a title for them that gives you the class bonus

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
are they adding extra urgent quests or something? why was this last one up now? doesn't match the updated schedule if I'm reading it right?

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way to increase your character's inventory? I love the game but the constant inventory management is maddening and downright abysmal.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Three different ones, you can't just do the same one three times unfortunately.
This is wrong, you have to do 3 events at different times, aka if you did cradle of darkness at 3 different time slots it came up, that would count. You cant do the same event multiple times in the same time slot as that only counts as 1 quest.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, just sank 7+ hours into PSO again haha.

Seems like plenty of content but also way too many layers of stuff upon stuff. So easily lost.

Also, despite it being fun, after the years of waiting, I so wish we had a nextgen PSO game. Lots of really clunky weird stuff in PSO2, despite me really enjoying it.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
If anyone wants to jump in and doesn't have Gold, don't worry, I don't have Gold and I've been playing the beta without any issues.

Seems like plenty of content but also way too many layers of stuff upon stuff. So easily lost.

Also, despite it being fun, after the years of waiting, I so wish we had a nextgen PSO game. Lots of really clunky weird stuff in PSO2, despite me really enjoying it.

Yup, I did a 7 hour session last night/this morning.

Super Fun, but knowing it's ending at midnight makes me go meh, I'll just wait for the release now.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is up with these main story quests? You load in, an NPC talks at you for a bit about random stuff, and then you're done. Was it always like this?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
We need a psa when the events are happening.

I'll be playing the forest map and then there is announcement to go to the lobby or whatever. You go there and no special events are happening. The hell. Shit is confusing.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We need a psa when the events are happening.

I'll be playing the forest map and then there is announcement to go to the lobby or whatever. You go there and no special events are happening. The hell. Shit is confusing.
They start announcing them 15 minutes before they start. The next one starts in a few minutes.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
how big a part of the full game are urgent quests?

i find them really chaotic and not too fun, but running through a level with people popping in is pretty fun

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
So did they dub the scenes from episode that didn't make it into the streamlined versions they replaced them with? In the original you can still see them from your room. The revamp cut out the random stuff like Risa shooting at you or Furier talking about the Lilipans, right? And the Aki/Dragon subplot?
What is up with these main story quests? You load in, an NPC talks at you for a bit about random stuff, and then you're done. Was it always like this?
It's better than when you originally had to find markers in the random fields to trigger those cutscenes.

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
Did anyone figure out how to resize text and UI elements larger? They are HORRIFICALLY small. Probably the worst I've ever seen. Bad enough that if it makes it into release then I'd suggest Microsoft look into their certification process.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone figure out how to resize text and UI elements larger? They are HORRIFICALLY small. Probably the worst I've ever seen. Bad enough that if it makes it into release then I'd suggest Microsoft look into their certification process.

On the title screen before you load the game/char :)

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017

Pretty much my feelings exactly.

Put over 1,000 hours into the GCN version over dial-up way back when, and adored it. A Top Ten game for me, even if I know it was clunky and I have rose-colored glasses on some 20 years later.

But man, after a heck of a hiatus, this feels so good. It's that classic PSO atmosphere - the graphics, the music, the 80s-future-synth vibe. Fun enemy designs. Over the top weapons. That constant hunt for cooler loot. Jump-in, jump-out multi with randoms. It's all here and it's still a lot of fun. I put more time into PSO2 in the last 24 hours than I have into video games, period, this year. This just scratches an itch no other game does.

But man, can you tell this was made in 2012 and even then just an iterative update to PSO Eps I & II. Lots of clunky designs, and whoo boy are the menus and systems kind of a cluster. And then there's the combat - the chaos of the urgent events is kind of cool - but it really did feel like it quickly devolved into button mashing, and it's easy to get carried by a guy that jumps in 10 levels above you. All the chaos is certainly neat at first, but it's already starting to lose me.

Curious how "methodical" or "strategic" this game gets at later levels. I found myself getting lost a BUNCH these last ~10 hours - with little understanding of what to do - and yet, I still never died or missed out on the EXP/weapons/drops.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Is there a way to increase your character's inventory? I love the game but the constant inventory management is maddening and downright abysmal.
In the Japanese version you can increase the number of slots from the initial 50 to (iirc and if it hasn't changed) 150 with real money. It's a one time purchase.