• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like no extension to the beta according to the in game update.

Times in PST.

Started today at 5pm
Ends Sunday at 12am

Quests
2/8
midnight - Cradle of Darkness
2am - Giant Automata: The Awakening
7am - Cradle of Darkness
10am - Giant Automata: The Awakening
12pm - Cradle of Darkness
3am - Giant Automata: The Awakening (this could be a mistake and suppsed to be 3pm as it is listed down here in their list)
5pm - Cradle of Darkness
8:00pm - Live Stage Event in ship
8:30pm - Raging Obsidian Arm

You will have a chance to obtain Special Rewards based on the number of times you have joined and cleared these Urgent Quests in each time slot.

Note, for those that are keeping track that is now only 3 different quests. There is no mention of a replacement for the Elder of Unfathomable Abyss that was supposed to be Saturday at 9pm originally.

Last edited:

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
The VA does NOT match the models/lip-sync at all, not even close. It's so unbearably obvious (bad).

Also very unstable framerate on base xbox.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
The VA does NOT match the models/lip-sync at all, not even close. It's so unbearably obvious (bad).

Also very unstable framerate on base xbox.

Ditto on the lip-sync, I'm switching to JP audio for that alone.

ON THE FLIPSIDE...

I think the FPS is uncapped. Meaning, I'm getting more than 60FPS output on my XB1X hooked up to my 1440p/144hz monitor. Thanks to the downtime I was playing a ton of Ninja Gaiden Black, and that game is 60FPS. PSO2 is noticeably smoother on my XB1X.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
What an appropriate chapter title when we've been waiting for eight years

3LfcoJb.jpg

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Reading a few pages here seems like I made a great decision in going to sleep 7 hours ago. Now it's 8 am, I'm awake and ready to go and the beta just got working for an hour or so? So I haven't missed much. 😅

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. Game was running fine (other than not being able to stay connected long enough to finish character creation) before maintenance. Now when I try to load the beta its being very sluggish/chunky. Animations are choppy, menus unresponsive at times. Tried rebooting the system but that didn't fix it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I feel like the entire ui , quest system, ship, and just about everything is super messy. It's easy to just keep jumping into missions but there's stuff all over the place.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
the game is so much fun but the menu system good god who am I, where am I, is this real life?

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
So how much story is actually in this? I remember playing PSO because there was nothing like it, but right now I'm not seeing any reason why I should play this over the MHW Iceborne expansion I've been putting off.

How's the monetization?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Urgent quest is up level 20 though D: haha
Just hop into one and witness the most confusing mess of numbers and garbage you'll have ever seen. I seriously just ran around with a group and trashed the place while I was level 10. I couldn't tell ya what the hell was going on but I walked away with so much STUFF.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
All the parties in the urgent quest are locked :/
Nevermind I must be doing something wrong. How do I leave a party?

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Well that was... fun? Weird? I don't know, I was just a lowly level 1 jumping into the urgent mission doing literally no damage to anything, but gaining levels so fast that I ended up carrying my team to victory in the last area when they all died.

Got to 11 by the end. Yay me

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Looks like no extension to the beta according to the in game update.

Times in PST.

Note, for those that are keeping track that is now only 3 different quests. There is no mention of a replacement for the Elder of Unfathomable Abyss that was supposed to be Saturday at 9pm originally.

Great... I don't see how I can get the Dreamcast MAG :(

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Well that was... fun? Weird? I don't know, I was just a lowly level 1 jumping into the urgent mission doing literally no damage to anything, but gaining levels so fast that I ended up carrying my team to victory in the last area when they all died.

Got to 11 by the end. Yay me
Lucky you.
I died and used up all my auto revives for the day.

Parham

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to view a list of my previously completed quests?

Edit: Found it. For anyone else who is looking for it, go to the Visiphone. It's under Quest Record in Player Achievements.

Last edited:

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
How do I get abilities for the fighter class and weapons?
bouncer is alright but fighter has cooler weapons

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Really confused about everything in the game. xD

So I choose a weapon for the palette and then can freely edit the attacks right? Can I make my weapons better or do I have to find better ones?

Armor is just units and skill rings? I have one greyed out arm part, where do I see why I can't use this?

Discs I can and should learn?

What do I do with the meat?

When I click on my attacks at the bottom there is stuff I can learn, should I always do that? There are no costs so I have no idea why I shouldn't?

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Really confused about everything in the game. xD

So I choose a weapon for the palette and then can freely edit the attacks right? Can I make my weapons better or do I have to find better ones?

Armor is just units and skill rings? I have one greyed out arm part, where do I see why I can't use this?

Discs I can and should learn?

What do I do with the meat?

When I click on my attacks at the bottom there is stuff I can learn, should I always do that? There are no costs so I have no idea why I shouldn't?
I'm assuming we're just getting the New Type weapons that require other weapons to upgrade, the upgrade shop is in the Shopping Plaza area.

Armor is equipped in the same menu option as weapons and PAs/techs, Customize or something.

Discs can be used yes unless you plan on selling them (requires a shop pass or premium).

Meat can be used to make dishes in Franca's cafe.

I don't understand the last question. In the skill tree?

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was playing PSO on Dreamcast for the last few weeks. I feel like I played every F2P MMORPG an this point.
PSO2 is completely confusing to me with all the areas in the ship, the menus, even the quests lol

Time to get back to it after some sleep!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ok. So after about 4 hours tonight I took my character to level 18 and got a pretty decent grip on everything. As someone who put hundreds of hours into the first PSO, I'm slightly disappointed with this one.

There's just no structure to it. It's a mess of menus and systems, I'm not quite sure what certain things even are yet. There's a lot to learn and a lot to discover, but because the missions are all over the place you can easily skip so many seemingly important teaching tools. I ran both Urgent quests but they were a cluster fuck of players jumping around and numbers flying everywhere. No strategy. No sense of a reward. I didn't even see where you obtain this Dreamcast mag everyone keeps talking about in this thread despite clearing the quest. Did I win? Yes. Did it feel like I won? No. I even got a rare drop and identified it as a Gunblade , which despite playing a Ranger I can't equip yet for an unknown reason.

The game play in general feels like a faster paced PSO, but quite honestly I liked the slow methodical fighting a lot in the original. Being able to move and shoot feels super overpowered to the point the game is incredibly easy thus far. So I don't feel challenged, I don't feel particularly rewarded, I'm pretty ho hum about this game despite wanting it ever since I heard it was in development. I'm sure it'll grow more on me but the first impressions didn't blow me away.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If I managed to do the most recent urgent quest 3 times does that mean I only need to do it once more for the rewards? Or is it 4 separate urgent quests sessions?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
There's just no structure to it. It's a mess of menus and systems, I'm not quite sure what certain things even are yet.

I mean, it's early. You'll learn as you go on.

And honestly, the "mess of menus" thing was the original PSO too.

I didn't even see where you obtain this Dreamcast mag everyone keeps talking about in this thread despite clearing the quest.

Because you don't get it until the final game release. This is mentioned in the OP and the official Xbox pages talking about the Dreamcsst mag.

I do agree with your comments about it being faster paced. It's meant to be a flashier game and I do miss the slower pace of the original PSO. But part of that is nostalgia I'm sure.