• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I assume the slow roll out of the servers is to stress each one and then add additional to see how that manages the total load. There is method to this.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Since I'm currently doing nothing but trying to get into this and playing Shadows of Valentia, may as well ask: how connected are the Phantasy Star games? Like, are the PSO games actually related to the originals in any meaningful way?

I wish I could get in :(

Is this X enhanced? Like HDR and what not?
No idea about HDR, but it is in 4K at least. Have yet to actually get into the game, but the menu and character creation look very crisp, lol.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
You can also periodically save your character while building it. I've had to do that a couple times now to pick up where I left off.
This is a good tip for anyone trying to get in.

Just reiterating so people don't end up with a character they're unhappy with. Might aswell take some time with the character creator, save and assume you won't get in.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Since I'm currently doing nothing but trying to get into this and playing Shadows of Valentia, may as well ask: how connected are the Phantasy Star games? Like, are the PSO games actually related to the originals in any meaningful way?

Naw nothing meaningful. At least not in PSO1. Haven't played 2 yet but I'm trying!

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Seem to be getting a little more consistent with the attempts, here's hoping

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Well now I am getting a message that says "We are currently experience login issues. Please wat a while and try again". So some progress I guess?

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017

Latest update, not much but at least its something.

Oct 27, 2017
This sucks, but I stocked up on snacks and energy drinks for this, so I'm not going anywhere. I'll just keep trying while I play my Switch.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I have a question to those knowledgeable about the Japanese version, are characters tied to the server ships they're created on? And if so, how much does it cost to transfer them?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Well my 5th attempt creating my character and made it through it. Was about to play the intro part and got disconnected. I did save my character data, so hopefully if I get in again for attempt #6 I can actually play the game a bit.