• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So how do I know if I am in the Beta? I registered and was able to download the beta, but is there suppose to me a message or something that tells you that you are in or was being sent to download it was the "your in" moment? I should be able to get a little time Friday evening and a little bit before work on Saturday.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any idea how frequent these "urgent quests" will be? I only can play through Saturday morning.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So how do I know if I am in the Beta? I registered and was able to download the beta, but is there suppose to me a message or something that tells you that you are in or was being sent to download it was the "your in" moment? I should be able to get a little time Friday evening and a little bit before work on Saturday.

If you were able to download, you're in.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any idea how frequent these "urgent quests" will be? I only can play through Saturday morning.
February 7th Quests
  • 8 to 8:30 p.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
  • 10 to 10:30 p.m. PST – Giant Automata: The Awakening
February 8th Quests
  • 7 to 7:30 a.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
  • 1 to 1:30 p.m. PST – Giant Automata: The Awakening
  • 5 to 5:30 p.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
  • 8:30 to 9 p.m. PST – The Raging Obsidian Arm
  • 9 to 9:30 p.m. PST – Elder of the Unfathomable Abyss

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
February 7th Quests
February 8th Quests
Can you do repeat ones or do they have to be four unique ones?

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Look in your games and you should see it.

You can actually launch the game right now and watch a little opening video and see the menu and stuff. You just can't connect to a server.

I was hoping you'd be able to use the character creator but no luck.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you do repeat ones or do they have to be four unique ones
Four events at different times. So you can do cradle 4 times, but it only counts once per event.

I literally sent my kids to their grand parents house and warned my wife I'm going to be playing this nonstop from saturday to Sunday lol.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

You can actually launch the game right now and watch a little opening video and see the menu and stuff. You just can't connect to a server.

Yeah, I have it downloaded already and did load the game up. It was so weird hearing some of the sound effects and music..brought back so many memories of playing PSO on Dreamcast.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you have to do (different time ) events, not the same mission 4 times ala 7:30 mission 4 times or whatever . but you have to log in and do those missions at the time.

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017

You can download the character creator on PC and mess around with it. Not too difficult to figure out what everything does, even if it's all in Japanese. At the very least, it may save you some time tomorrow in creating a character.

Guide for the character creator as well: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-the-character-creator-demo-is-up-plus-mini-guide/

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I wish they'd give you a sample NPC to stand next too because my first character ended up being super short lol

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
But would the three different times for Cradle of Darkness count as three or one?
Pretty sure you can do any mission however many times as you want and it counts, but it's been a while so don't take my word for it

Also bear in mind that you can clear the Urgent Quest as many times as you can within the 30 minutes it's active

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
LTTP but happy I saw in the other thread that the pre-load is live (I missed the XBL message) & that this here OT exists. So hello everyone. I am beyond excited about this, it was like an event just starting the download. It's also horrible for me that the beta isn't until late tomorrow and only for about a day - I have plans I can't cancel, but there's a decent chance I get zero sleep the next two days because WTF THIS IS PSO!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy, everyone

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Are they allowing people to stream this or put up YT videos of the game? The FAQ only mentions the console-level screenshots and videos, but I'm curious how closed of a beta this is on that front.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I was under the impression that the beta was also for PC. Time to dust off the X. Really looking forward to playing. Haven't played PSO since Dreamcast.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So what will the "Getting Started" option do? When you select it, it says, "Starting the game from the beginning", but it doesn't look like it gives you an option to choose your ship if you select it. Do you miss something by going straight to another server?

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
So what will the "Getting Started" option do? When you select it, it says, "Starting the game from the beginning", but it doesn't look like it gives you an option to choose your ship if you select it. Do you miss something by going straight to another server?

Pretty sure the getting started option just puts you in server one.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Think I still got a shot if I go into the Insiders when I get home?

Also, in the UK, so how do I change the Region?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Think I still got a shot if I go into the Insiders when I get home?

Also, in the UK, so how do I change the Region?
Go to settings and then system and then "language and location"

Change language and location to the US. Then click the "restart now" button.

Xbox reboots. When you go into the store everything should be priced in dollars.

Once you have registered in the insider program and started the download, you can switch back to UK.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
How is character creation in this game? Butt slider yay/nay?

Very expansive, conductive both waifus and monsters. You can tweak individual body parts by dragging your mouse, and stuff, down o stuff like, controlling exact shape of your breast cup, if you making a female character.

I've seen anything from tiny petite characters to big thicc ladied. I know I seem focusing on female aspects, but that's just 99% of all characters I see, so that's where I see all the variety.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I think beta time are 1 a.m. Saturday morning to 8 amm Sunday morning in the UK...but my time zone skills are bad!

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Very expansive, conductive both waifus and monsters. You can tweak individual body parts by dragging your mouse, and stuff, down o stuff like, controlling exact shape of your breast cup, if you making a female character.

I've seen anything from tiny petite characters to big thicc ladied. I know I seem focusing on female aspects, but that's just 99% of all characters I see, so that's where I see all the variety.

thank you hentai lover

Oct 27, 2017
February 7th Quests
February 8th Quests

Sorry to repeat, but you need four of these for that Dreamcast mag, right?

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to repeat, but you need four of these for that Dreamcast mag, right?
3 for the DC Mag.

• Complete 1 Urgent Quest – Photon Halo C (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
  • Complete 2 Urgent Quests – Photon Halo A (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
  • Complete 3 Urgent Quests – Mag Dreamcast (Evolution Device), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
  • Complete 4 Urgent Quests – Coated Edge (Weapon Camo), Triboost +100% (x10) (Consumable)

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
I just converted all the times for EU players in GMT:

Beta Starts: Saturday, February 8th, 1:00am GMT

Beta Ends: Sunday, February 9th, 7:59am GMT

URGENT QUESTS:

February 8th

4:00am - 4:30am GMT – Cradle of Darkness
6:00am - 6:30am GMT – Giant Automata: The Awakening
3;00pm - 3:30pm GMT - Cradle of Darkness
9:00pm - 9:30pm GMT - Giant Automata: The Awakening

February 9th
1:00am - 1:30am GMT - Cradle of Darkness
4:30am - 5:00am GMT - The Raging Obsidian Arm
5:00am - 5:30am GMT - Elder of the Unfathomable Abyss

Quna Live Performance

Meet Quna, Oracle's favorite music idol! Gather your friends and watch her perform live in the Ship's Shopping Plaza.

February 9th – 4:00am to 4:15am GMT – Performing the songs "Our Fighting" and "Eternal Encore"

Buffs Received – Rare Drop Rate Increase, Meseta Drop Rate Increase, and Experience Points Rate Increase

Make sure to type "Encore" during Quna's inaugural performance to motivate her into coming back for a second song, "Eternal Encore"!

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I won't be able to play until later today, how's the game looking and running overall?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the US version will compare to the JP version? I have a pretty stout Summoner on the JP server and I keep contemplating going back to the game. Any reason not to just keep playing JP versus waiting for the US?

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My time zone is Atlantic, so I'll be pulling an all nighter with it, assuming the winter weather doesn't knock out the power on me.