• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Been playing the PC JP version off and on and I can't wait to finally be able to play on Xbox with some friends. This game is so dam amazing and I'm so excited it's finally coming soon! Best part is- beta progress carries over! I don't remember the last time I got to play a Beta that carried progress to full game. Still dunno what I'm gonna pick for my Main class. I'll probly go Hunter in the beta just cuz they're the "easiest" and I wanna try to get thru as much stuff as possible and do those EQs :D. (Urgent Quest might slightly make more sense as a name, but I still prefer Emergency Quest. lol)

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Downloaded and ready. I hope the servers hold!

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
So I played with the settings and for me 4K with the large UI option is the way to go on larger screens. The default size was tiny.

the wording isn't great. Small and middle is just too small for a 22" 1080p screen as well

EDIT: Oh possibly the 4k options are for XB1X where it targets native 4k but downscales to your tv. Everyone that has vanilla or S/SAD models will only have Small or Middle font size options only.
DjOaaZU.png

Last edited:

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I recall being able to transfer ships freely, unless they changed that
Upon further reading apparently it costed money back when the game released, but was updated in 2015 to be made free.
It still costs 700 yen to move to a different ship in the Japanese version (link).
I think they changed something regarding the storages which can be moved, because I remember moving only after I could take more than just the items I had in my inventory with me.

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
It still costs 700 yen to move to a different ship in the Japanese version (link).
I think they changed something regarding the storages which can be moved, because I remember moving only after I could take more than just the items I had in my inventory with me.

Thanks for the info and the link, updated the threadmark.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I put more time into PSO I&II on GCN than any other game in my life - all in, probably about 1,500 hours.

Look, there's ZERO chance I could ever do that again. I'll be lucky to put in 4-5 hours a week, tops. Work + wife + beautiful baby + house + bills + adulting = way, way less free time for a time sink of a game. And from everything I've seen, this is almost nothing like the GCN/DC/Xbox game other than aesthetic. So I'm gonna wager I'll play the beta and go "yeah, that's neat but it's no longer for me."

I hope I'm wrong. But I'm pretty confident I'm right, unfortunately.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I put more time into PSO I&II on GCN than any other game in my life - all in, probably about 1,500 hours.

Look, there's ZERO chance I could ever do that again. I'll be lucky to put in 4-5 hours a week, tops. Work + wife + beautiful baby + house + bills + adulting = way, way less free time for a time sink of a game. And from everything I've seen, this is almost nothing like the GCN/DC/Xbox game other than aesthetic. So I'm gonna wager I'll play the beta and go "yeah, that's neat but it's no longer for me."

I hope I'm wrong. But I'm pretty confident I'm right, unfortunately.

I'll probably play more, but I loved the slow-paced games. I watched some high level gameplay and it's just spamming the screen with attacks and buffs. PSO1 felt more tactical and you could learn enemy patterns. Using quick attacks vs heavy had consequences. PSO2 seems to fall in the same trap of Diablo 3 with so much spamming it becomes meaningless.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I'll probably play more, but I loved the slow-paced games. I watched some high level gameplay and it's just spamming the screen with attacks and buffs. PSO1 felt more tactical and you could learn enemy patterns. Using quick attacks vs heavy had consequences. PSO2 seems to fall in the same trap of Diablo 3 with so much spamming it becomes meaningless.
That's true for grinding basic encounters, but there are also extremely hard quests where you'll die very quickly if you just keep spamming. Need to keep just guarding/dodging, learning enemy patterns etc. There is definitely a part of the game which is very skill based, it's just that for regular difficulty quests, it's more of a relaxed spam.
It is definitely far from the slow pace of PSO1 though.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
So just to verify, the Dreamcast MAG is a consumable so you can't just... swap between them?
It's a one time use evolution device - you feed it to the MAG and it changes the form. If you change it to something else later, the MAG look will be lost.
At least that's how these work in PSO2 JP.

Here is a list of other evolution devices.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's a one time use evolution device - you feed it to the MAG and it changes the form. If you change it to something else later, the MAG look will be lost.
At least that's how these work in PSO2 JP.

That really kind of sucks. I was hoping it worked more like Ghosts in Destiny. Something as cool/special as that shouldn't be a one-time consumable.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Coming from FF14 which I'm playing for 5 years already and I know absolute nothing about how PSO works. Anything I should definitely know about character creation, gameplay, mechanisms or can you easily jump in?

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
That really kind of sucks. I was hoping it worked more like Ghosts in Destiny. Something as cool/special as that shouldn't be a one-time consumable.
You can get a Mag Appearance Pass item that lets you change your mag back to any forms it had previously. I think this is also shared between mags, so if you changed one mag to the Dreamcast you could use an appearance pass on a second mag to change it into a Dreamcast too.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Coming from FF14 which I'm playing for 5 years already and I know absolute nothing about how PSO works. Anything I should definitely know about character creation, gameplay, mechanisms or can you easily jump in?
All classes are first and foremost DPS, there is no healer or tank roles. Even if you have some skills which heal or aggro enemies, you will always be expected to do damage. Look up a guide on how to raise a MAG. Race and Gender affects stats but only very slightly. Outside of that, using something like a male robot who casts magic is perfectly fine.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how they handling it, but the first few chapter quests were scrubbed from the game and you can only watch cutscenes of Ep. 1-4. I never messed with story, so any additional information how this is handled would be appreciated

As an alternative there's an anime, PSO2: Episode Oracle, being simulcast right now via Funimation. It is a redo of Episodes 1-3, with a lot of padding and extra stuff in it. Anime's just finished with Episode 2 and has started 3 as of this week's episode.

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Signing up from the UK was easier than I thought it would be, just had to change console region.

Excited for Friday/Saturday.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
You can get a Mag Appearance Pass item that lets you change your mag back to any forms it had previously. I think this is also shared between mags, so if you changed one mag to the Dreamcast you could use an appearance pass on a second mag to change it into a Dreamcast too.
Oh wow, that's cool. Had no idea. Looks like you can get it from the recycle shop too, so you theoretically don't have to spend real money for it.

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
So it seems since last night a few things have been confirmed:

-Game is getting a steam release
-Will be using a battle pass style monetization system

Both are good news for me, the more players the better.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Hm, this doesn't sound too bad then. Thanks.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
It still mentions AC (Arks Cash) and Premium options. That's like 1300 yen for 1 month and 1100 yen for 3 months btw, so like $13~11 if anyone wanted to know the JP pricing.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Some of the manual pages are unfinished. I bet there are some folks who are currently busting their asses to get it done by Friday. Godspeed!

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the manual pages are unfinished. I bet there are some folks who are currently busting their asses to get it done by Friday. Godspeed!
Apologes for the double post - when I click on the manual the page loads but then auto-directs back to the main PSo page...are they trying to "hide" the manual til it's finished/released? (which is fair enough if its WIP and not meant to be public yet)

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
As someone who doesn't care about gaas, what is a battle pass and how might it be implemented in this game?

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
As someone who doesn't care about gaas, what is a battle pass and how might it be implemented in this game?

So how it typically works is that you have a certain amount of levels to gain in a certain timeframe.

For example in Apex Legends the battlepass is 100 levels and lasts roughly 3 months. As you rank up, you unlock rewards at each level, be it cosmetics or currency, or anything really.

Now normally there is a free version and a paid version, the paid version gives you exclusive rewards and benefits that the free version does not.

You typically level up a battlepass in a few ways, normally a combination of playing the game regularly and completing challanges like daily and weekly missions.

So in short, you play, you rank up, and you get rewarded by ranking the battlepass up. Paid battlepass owners get more.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm a little surprised they went for the awkward sounding Techter over the more natural sounding Techer. The JP テクター (tekutaa) was consistently translated as Techer in both PSU and, iirc, the SEA version of PSO2 (which, admittedly, had its own localisation issues...).

Kinda whatever though *shrug*