• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm a massive secondary download from the launcher, after the initial one is done.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I got the client up and running.

The game uses a similar launcher to JP, so the MS Store download is just an initial one. You will need to patch through that.

The game still uses Gameguard as its anti-cheat, which is a little concerning because Gameguard is honestly useless. I don't think hacking is a major issue anymore on the JP servers but I hope the NA release doesn't attract some of the more malicious types...

When you get to the title screen there's a popup asking if you want to play on your MS account - I said yes and gave it permission and my gamertag appeared in the bottom left corner. Got to ship select but obviously can't get further due to maint.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Downloading :)

For those in Europe, like me, just change the Windows 10 region to US, download, than revert.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap what a wait it's been. What year was it we were filling out forms in Japanese to play the original release?!

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Oh man I didn't realize that the download from the Microsoft store was just the launcher and not the full game and now I'm downloading what I'm guessing is 93gb :( .

Myze

Apr 5, 2018
Oh man I didn't realize that the download from the Microsoft store was just the launcher and not the full game and now I'm downloading what I'm guessing is 93gb :( .
If you are still downloading, I can give you some "good" news in that it's only about 68.7gb total in the folder when complete. The number shown is the file count. For some reason MMOs seem to show file count instead of actual size a lot of the times. Also, I remember a lot of games used to do this in the past, and since this game is around 8 years old, it kind of makes sense.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting an error right at the end of patching each time, with no idea how to fix it. I woke up at 5 am just to play this :(

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
The 2/2 of patching in the launcher is actually blue screening my PC, so that's cool. Anyone see any other reports of that from today? I've removed all driver-level things (RGB utils, Valorant's anti-cheat bs, etc) that I could think of that could screw with it but still happening. I play a LOT of Destiny and other intensive games on that rig too and crashes are not typical. Damn.

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
I remember playing PSO2JP until the day the IP Blocks happened, to which I said I would just wait for the US release.

Several years later, today is that day! Huzzah~

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
it seems there was a content update! Zig sells weapon camos now, the exchange shops have 12* armors and new 13* weapons. Also compound techs and Ultimate Quests have been added, among other things.

No harder difficulty, no new classes, no lvl cap increase afaik.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm guessing there's not really anything you can do about the stuttering in the lobby? I remember when I tried playing the JP version like 6-7 years ago it was still an issue.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
I'm guessing there's not really anything you can do about the stuttering in the lobby? I remember when I tried playing the JP version like 6-7 years ago it was still an issue.
It's a CPU limitation thing when loading people in crowded lobbies. It's a DX9 game so there's probably not much multi-threaded optimization in the game.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I meant more in general population-wise long-term, I figured Ship 1 might be the best but who knows at this point, I might aswell pick Ur again then :)
Oh no lol! I wasn't responding to you haha! I was quoting the guildmaster. I literally just saw your post. I didn't even realize I quoted the whole thing but it seems yes. Like the old days on jp server we will be in ship 2 ;)

I forgot how to play. It has been almost a decade?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Running the game on my PC I'm noticing some aliasing on character models and the visuals aren't as clean as on Xbox One X. I have it anti-aliasing on, render settings in the launcher set to max and have all the in-game graphics features turned on. I'm running a GTX1080 so I was expecting the game to look as clean as it does on my Xbox. Am I missing something or a setting somewhere?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Running the game on my PC I'm noticing some aliasing on character models and the visuals aren't as clean as on Xbox One X. I have it anti-aliasing on, render settings in the launcher set to max and have all the in-game graphics features turned on. I'm running a GTX1080 so I was expecting the game to look as clean as it does on my Xbox. Am I missing something or a setting somewhere?
I'm looking at the settings in game and out of it (in launcher) and the resolution was set to 720p at default out of the game. However, the max Rez I can select is 1080p? The Xbox version is 4k. Maybe that is why? No idea how to force it to 4k tho.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, weird question, how do I check my Player ID? From what I gather if you haven't changed it you should have a free change available and that's something I do not have, so I assume I changed it back on Xbox, but I'm kinda clueless right now, having returned on PC.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Alright!

Oh no lol! I wasn't responding to you haha! I was quoting the guildmaster. I literally just saw your post. I didn't even realize I quoted the whole thing but it seems yes. Like the old days on jp server we will be in ship 2 ;)

I forgot how to play. It has been almost a decade?

Oh wow that was a coincidence alright lol, good to know, I'm sure we'll get a hang of it again fast! :D

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
Alright!

Oh wow that was a coincidence alright lol, good to know, I'm sure we'll get a hang of it again fast! :D

Right now every block is like this

B25IVzt.png

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
got this error at the very end of the download:

fVSgTaS.png

Tried launching the game anyway and got this:

ynBJTk7.png

Anyone know what could be causing that? :(

I get an error when I try to check files aswell.

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
New Discord Link:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a give this a try with Keyboard and mouse but if my hands don't get use to it I'm switching to controller

OP
OP
Zeta Ori

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
If you are not in the discord and want to join the alliance, message me your character name and gamertag and we will get you in ASAP!

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
- Have you ever uninstalled any Win10 or Xbox services?
- If you're outside NA try changing your region to US
- Make sure you have ~70GB free

No, didn't uninstall anything

I'm outside NA yes, I swapped to NA to download the game on the store then switched back to my normal region before launching the launcher, maybe that caused it?

I have more than enough free space.

I tried switching to US and launching the launcher again, I get this:

UwQttZf.png

:(

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The Windows Store strikes again:

YlGdq4P.png

It was working earlier and when I wanted to launch the game now and it asked for admin-rights I accidentally clicked "No" and now I always get this. It says the HDD where the game is installed on is offline which is nonsense.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
No, didn't uninstall anything

I'm outside NA yes, I swapped to NA to download the game on the store then switched back to my normal region before launching the launcher, maybe that caused it?

I have more than enough free space.

I tried switching to US and launching the launcher again, I get this:

UwQttZf.png

:(

I read on twitter that to fix this error "verify you are logged in with your Windows ID account, or create a new one."

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
The Windows Store strikes again:

YlGdq4P.png

It was working earlier and when I wanted to launch the game now and it asked for admin-rights I accidentally clicked "No" and now I always get this. It says the HDD where the game is installed on is offline which is nonsense.
What if you try to run the game as admin?