• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
It certainly can be, one of its big benefits is that it's not necessary to group up to take down stuff and any time there's a big event there's enough people running to do them that you'll end up with randoms and be in decent shape. You can also set it so that no one else will be around you but part of the fun is going on an exploration quest and just watching other players fly around and do cool stuff for me at least.

I'm not sure how it works with NGS though since I only played it for a bit during the beta
During the beta, on more than one occasion I ended up in spontaneous "parties". They ranged from just me and one other guy taking on a "veteran" to almost a dozen of us just rolling from mob group to mob group. No formal party formation, but just rolling together until we leave the area and everybody just disappears...

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Got the game installed and ready to go. Are there actual graphics settings anywhere or will those pop up once the servers are live? I can't seem to find anywhere to tweak graphics settings. I think it's firing up in the wrong resolution.
There are more graphics options in-game. If you're on PC and the game isn't scaling up to your resolution you should try overriding the DPI scaling for the .exe

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Oh, just like FF14 then, i like it. Any advice on first class for a complete beginner? And how good is the F2P model in the game? Any severe restrictions?
Any class works really, none of them are very complicated.
I guess Hunter is the easiest cause you just hit things with your sword and counter.
F2P stuff is all cosmetics, storage and being able to buy/sell stuff on the player marketplace.
None of it really matters for anyone who just normally plays this game.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Got my downloads ready on SX and PC so I can check which version runs better for me. Should be up at 10am for me, I hope I don't wake up too early tomorrow.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
is the game down right now?

Getting an error that says "An update for the game file has been detected. Restarting application. Please do not cancel when checking the consistency."

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Urgggh,need to re install 76 GB to even play this lol...I kept PSO 2 updated since launch until a few months ago when I needed room on the Series X and had'nt played it in 7 months or so...and I was sure this was a different download...oh well,ill do it overnight.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
So, how was peoples performance during the beta? I've heard mixed things. I was pretty displeased as a whole with it, tbh. I'm running a 2080 at 1440p mixed with a 5800X and 32GB of RAM. I was expecting to run maxed out, but rarely ever broke over 60FPS during my time with the beta, outside of a couple of smaller instanced areas. Lowering some settings really didn't even help a whole lot.

I don't know if it was a me thing or what, but I hope it's improved come this release.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, just like FF14 then, i like it. Any advice on first class for a complete beginner? And how good is the F2P model in the game? Any severe restrictions?
Any class works really, none of them are very complicated.
I guess Hunter is the easiest cause you just hit things with your sword and counter.
F2P stuff is all cosmetics, storage and being able to buy/sell stuff on the player marketplace.
None of it really matters for anyone who just normally plays this game.
Just wanted to clear up that buying from player shops is not restricted for free players, just selling.

Jan 4, 2018
I know what I'm doing on my birthday tomorrow. Me and my CAST are ready.

unknown.png
unknown.png

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017

If you enjoy the game I would suggest dropping some money to increase storage size. It can be pretty frustrating to have to worry about your bank filling up with crafting materials and upgrade fodder. We won't know to the extent this happens in NGS, but the original PSO2 could become a bit annoying when having to deal with small inventory/bank size.

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
Is this update doing anything to fix the dozens of layers of inscrutable menus that haunt PSO2? Will it fix the insanely easy difficulty of the early/mid game? Will I still be hearing "Emergency...Code...." every 12 seconds?

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Urgggh,need to re install 76 GB to even play this lol...I kept PSO 2 updated since launch until a few months ago when I needed room on the Series X and had'nt played it in 7 months or so...and I was sure this was a different download...oh well,ill do it overnight.
I had an up to date version installed on my SX and it was still a 76 GB download.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Is this update doing anything to fix the dozens of layers of inscrutable menus that haunt PSO2? Will it fix the insanely easy difficulty of the early/mid game? Will I still be hearing "Emergency...Code...." every 12 seconds?
It won't change PSO2 much, no.
But it is adding New Genesis which is quite different.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
If you enjoy the game I would suggest dropping some money to increase storage size. It can be pretty frustrating to have to worry about your bank filling up with crafting materials and upgrade fodder. We won't know to the extent this happens in NGS, but the original PSO2 could become a bit annoying when having to deal with small inventory/bank size.
This is a one-time fee or a subscription?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Struggling to get this to work with Tweaker. Keep getting a .dll error for the Steam install even after full file check.

Joeschmo

Jul 11, 2018
So, how was peoples performance during the beta? I've heard mixed things. I was pretty displeased as a whole with it, tbh. I'm running a 2080 at 1440p mixed with a 5800X and 32GB of RAM. I was expecting to run maxed out, but rarely ever broke over 60FPS during my time with the beta, outside of a couple of smaller instanced areas. Lowering some settings really didn't even help a whole lot.

I don't know if it was a me thing or what, but I hope it's improved come this release.

I was honestly expecting better performance in general as well. Was running the beta at 1440p with a 2070s.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the game boots up for me through PSO Tweaker but not on steam itself? What's up with that

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
I can't download this on PC. I keep getting errors and oops messages on the Xbox app. I didn't have PSO2 installed on my laptop before

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So just to confirm, this game won't go live in NA until at least 4:00am?

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Good to hear, I know the Windows Store stuff for PC can have issues and I see people using PSO2 Tweaker, so just wanted to make sure before I start downloading it.
client wise steam is the safest with no downsides, but if they continue doing specific launcher events linking your account with steam and windows wont hurt

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
So the game automatically changed to NGS on steam without downloading anything? Already had PSO2 installed. It boots until the ship parts where they are all offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.