• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent! Can't wait. This will be good once I get off my MHW binge.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
This is currently in Closed Beta, right? Any word on when its supposed to launch?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't expecting different really. Just Xbox and w10 because they can easy use the insider program for the beta.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Am I blind? Where does it say steam?

XWhYXft.png

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I glanced on the linked page, I'm assuming (hoping) Steam will cross-play with the other versions?

Just an FYI for people who had signed up for the Closed Beta Test through Xbox, the Beta is up for pre-load, the same install will update to the full version, and it only goes from Feb 7-9 (starting this coming Friday).

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Not saying people shouldn't enjoy this if they want to, but I am a bit surprised anyone is still getting excited for it. I wouldn't care about a game where the publisher ignored me as a potential customer for seven years, I think...

(edited as original phrasing was confusing, my bad)

Last edited:

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Not saying people shouldn't enjoy this if they want to, but I am a bit surprised anyone is still getting excited for it. I wouldn't care about a game where the publisher ignored me as a potential customer for seven years out of principle, I think...
In this sort of situation I guess the phrase 'beggars can't be choosers' come to my mind unless its a boycott or something thats pretty much actively in the minds of Gamers to resist at any cost.

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Not saying people shouldn't enjoy this if they want to, but I am a bit surprised anyone is still getting excited for it. I wouldn't care about a game where the publisher ignored me as a potential customer for seven years out of principle, I think...

I don't think you realise just how little pride us Sega fans are left with at this point.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
I don't think you realise just how little pride us Sega fans are left with at this point.

Play Total War games, those are great Sega games! Or I guess Football Manager, which seem to be pretty popular if you are into those :p

Again, don't let anyone stop you from being excited for the game, just something I found surprising.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if needing to translate the game, and needing to manage and pay off more servers, is "principle".

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
I don't know if needing to translate the game, and needing to manage and pay off more servers, is "principle".

I meant that it would be my principle after being ignored for 7 years, not that they did it out of principle. Though I don't think that the reasons you mentioned are a valid excuse either when most competitors manage to do global releases.

Olimar

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY

I think it is a little bit more complicated than that. America is big and as such requires datacenters all over the region so that all players can get decent speeds.

Servers are not cheap and neither is housing them nor maintaining the infrastructure. I think Microsoft cut a decent deal and offered Sega the opportunity to bring this over to the US and offered their Azure infrastructure to do so. While it seems that the effort of localization is quite big, it's more about the constant maintenance that probably scared Sega off, considering nobody wants to launch an MMO only to have it die one year later, except for EA.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Phil Spencer's efforts in Japan benefiting all. Can't wait to try the beta this week. I hope it's cross play and uses Xbox accounts too. I don't want to lose progression going between my consoles and PCs.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Is there single player mode or content or is it like any other MMO?
If you mean an offline mode, no it's a F2P game that's online only.

If you mean is there stuff to do alone, the story mission and most sidequest don't really force you to group up to complete them. It's just more efficient to do so cause everything dies faster and more enemies will spawn increasing loot chances. You're free to make a private party and go at it alone though, enemies scale to the number of players in the party so things like the story mode and sidequest are completely do able solo. Other stuff though like timed server wide events pair you up with randoms no matter what and some time attack quests require parties to split up in order to move forward on the map.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Out of principle? I imagine this is a massive undertaking for Sega. They haven't been doing too hot in the last seven years.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Does anyone here play it currently? How is it holding up? I tried on some Japanese Servers back when it first launched, but I was a little disappointed in it and preferred the slower pace and bleaker tone of the original PSO. Obviously the fact that i was only using a partial translation patch didn't help.