• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Good for him. He has a team and all that, but he's presumably still doing a lot of work putting out daily content. Doing it for years, it seems inevitable that you eventually burn out a bit. He'll surely lose some subs, but he has 102m of them, some million less wouldn't matter too much. Especially for someone who's already a multimillionaire.

Pretty sure he could afford to retire forever at this point. I'd say he should, but some even worse asshole would probably take his place.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely loving the people saying stuff like "he should have a break, uploading a video every day must be exhausting"
I also go to work every day, do I deserve a break?

Hes also a absolute racist horrible cunt so maybe have sympathy towards someone more worthwhile

Gwenori

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive drive-by post in regards to bigotry.
era, the path of hatred only lead to ruin

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely loving the people saying stuff like "he should have a break, uploading a video every day must be exhausting"

Hes also a absolute racist horrible cunt so maybe have sympathy towards someone more worthwhile
Yes. To all of that.

I bet they wish he'd quit.

Don't we all. No but those tabloids probably wouldn't, actually. They like him, makes them able to generate deliberately inaccurate clickbait like displayed above.

The last image he included in that tweet though is of CNN reporting accurately. But he includes that as "fake news" presumably because the article mentions the racism and anti-semitism he's associated with.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017

Yes? You do deserve a break. Thats what vacations are for. Plus I think he uploads on weekends as well.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Number of videos from PewDiePie I've seen in my life : 0

I still have no clue who this guy is.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Fatigue is a huge problem for YouTube personalities, as maintaining an external personality to your users is draining.

OTOH, good riddance PewDiePie.

Deleted member 61326

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
Didn't know he was still making videos. Will be interesting to see what he does next, but presumingly he doesn't need to work another day in his life if he doesn't want to.

I'm betting he is just taking a break for a few months at most and then he will be back doing what he likes.

Regardless of his net worth, I can't imagine him simply dropping his huge account. At the very least, he would somehow transition the account into something he could sell and make another fortune. I'm sure there are plenty of people that could help him manage that.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
Lol, was looking for this.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Just agree to differ then. Hard work to me is working in a factory for 9 hours a day for minimum wage, not making videos of yourself. I appreciate there is work involved in editing, writing etc but let us get some perspective here.

Mental health is as important as physical health is.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Some of you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror to work out why you're so full of hate for someone that doesn't affect your life in any way whatsoever.

I know you're already banned, but I don't care. The guy peddles racism to children. He is a first class asshole.

Oct 27, 2017
If he's really tired of it he could basically retire and live off his fortune for the rest of his life. I remember reading a few years ago that in one year he made something like £3 million pounds, so no doubt he could buy a massive house and never have to work again.

Samawati

Sep 15, 2019
Would that be his "Minecraft Disaster Happened" video or his "I MADE a Giant Robot Dog" video?
I feel like this is wildly disingenuous given that Google is free. I have never seen any of this guy's content whatsoever and I know nothing of him except his racist/antisemitic "controversies" and his social and algorithmic connection to the alt-right. Everything I've learnt about this dude I learnt against my will.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Please dont be some dumb prank. Realize you're happier or some shit and dont come back.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh absolutely, but i take offence from being told 'uh guys maybe we should yknow be nice to the racist piece of shit'
I think it was more a question of why do we get joy from PDP taking a vacation. Like why is he even in anyone's brain on this forum.

That said thread whining is against the rules and "why do you care" tends to be a dumb question in general

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
nvr watched him. My only real frame of reference for him is when he's in the news every couple months for saying racist things. And every time, ppl say its over for him. Apparently not. Because youtube put him in my recommendations the other day. And i was flabbergasted to see that he puts out a video everyday that gets like 5 million views. insane
Yeah he makes crazy views a video. It's pretty insane.

Does he need to? The guy is set for life I thought. I guess he must really love what he is doing because if I had that much money I'd have already retired.
The crazy thing is he doesn't have too many people working for him and a lot of the stuff he's doing is still done by him mostly.
Not a fan of his, but I'm pretty sure being a content creator must be really tiring. Many of my favorite YouTubers ended up making fewer and fewer videos with time. Sadly, fewer videos mean less money and I'm afraid with all the changes YT is making things are only getting worse.
I mean with how he's doing which is a video every single day for like 5+ years it's pretty insane.
Would that be his "Minecraft Disaster Happened" video or his "I MADE a Giant Robot Dog" video?
I'll go with the flying meatball in minecraft for that one.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I feel like this is wildly disingenuous given that Google is free. I have never seen any of this guy's content whatsoever and I know nothing of him except his racist/antisemitic "controversies" and his social and algorithmic connection to the alt-right. Everything I've learnt about this dude I learnt against my will.

Dial it back. It's not disingenuous; I know the guys content on and "off" brand. It was a dig at the general quality of his work.

Oct 29, 2017
So of course he announced it with a video lol.

Reminds me of people who use a long dramatic forum past to announce that they're taking a break from forum drama.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
He's going to miss the attention. People like that, who have thrived on parasocial relationships and social adolation for so long, often have a very hard time dealing with how quickly obscurity settles in - even if they claim they're tired of the fame.

Once he starts seeing the world move on without him, he'll try and come back into the public eye in one way or another.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
Remember the time Pewdiepie dogwhistled so hard and so long that he was name checked by the gunman of one of the worst mass shootings of all time? Literally less than a year ago?

Eat shit Felix. Doesn't deserve a platform. Hope he fails at everything he does for the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.