• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

This isn't the permanent measure that many of us would like to see, so unfortunately no, the evil is not "defeated".

Is he still making millions upon millions per month? That's insane if he still is.

The guy likely has enough money to retire ten times over. Whether he continues to see residuals or not won't affect him anyway.

Fuck it's almost depressing to say that about such a...person...thing...whatever species he is.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I wish he'd take a break forever. Maybe save a few million white kids from thinking being a bigot is fine if you just pretend it's jokes.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I hope he enjoys his break and decides never to come back so he can stop corrupting kids as he's been doing for years now.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's understandable. Making a video every day for years must be exhausting as hell.
Guess they will spend some time in their home in Japan then.

Omeganex9999

Oct 25, 2017
London
Not a fan of his, but I'm pretty sure being a content creator must be really tiring. Many of my favorite YouTubers ended up making fewer and fewer videos with time. Sadly, fewer videos mean less money and I'm afraid with all the changes YT is making things are only getting worse.

May 17, 2018
User banned (1 month): dismissing concerns around bigotry
Some of you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror to work out why you're so full of hate for someone that doesn't affect your life in any way whatsoever.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ITT: people assuming "a small break" means more than a month. Like, I realise Era hates PDP, but that's not a good excuse to start peddling bullshit. Besides, YouTube advertising rates in January has always been dire, I wouldn't be too surprised if a bunch of Youtubers join him in sitting out January purely because it's always been the least lucrative month and everyone needs a break from the daily grind.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Some of you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror to work out why you're so full of hate for someone that doesn't affect your life in any way whatsoever.
I mean, lack of LGBTQIA+ rights don't affect my life either. Neither does racism or other bigotry. That doesn't mean I'm not going to care about those who are affected by those things. PDP is a big part of the alt-right pipeline. So fuck him and all the bigotry he helps breed.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it is kinda silly how these content creators basically have to apologize for taking a break, but some people do get upset about it.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like burnout to me. He probably just wants time to spend with family and friends.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
It's tiring, isn't it? To have to spend every day in front of your camera, reacting at everything by spewing endless vocal diarrhea, regurgitating whatever comes to mind during the moment, and watching your fans agreeing to everything you say.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
ITT: people assuming "a small break" means more than a month. Like, I realise Era hates PDP, but that's not a good excuse to start peddling bullshit. Besides, YouTube advertising rates in January has always been dire, I wouldn't be too surprised if a bunch of Youtubers join him in sitting out January purely because it's always been the least lucrative month and everyone needs a break from the daily grind.
If i'm remembering correctly, a lot of those Youtubers that are like his channel are upset with the new guidelines that have been put in place. Which pretty much prevents them from making a lot of the shitty content they used to make. Which is great news all around since nothing of value was lost.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Well he sure deserves a break, he's been uploading daily for several years now.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
For someone so popular, PewDiePie never turns up in my recommendations. He doesn't exist as far as my YouTube account is concerned and it's not because of anything I've done. This 'I'm taking a break' is the first time I can recall seeing his name anywhere in months.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It actually is. Burnout is a serious mental issue.

Yeah I'd take "burnout" with millions in the bank to fall back on. Making a video a day is not hard work. There is no pressure on him at all as he isn't required to even work to put food on the table. It is a life of luxury. Good luck to him but a hard life it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.