• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Overblown how? He's got a history of doing stuff like this and being in contact with these people, he viewed the channel before and saw sexist content, continued to watch it and conveniently missed white supremacist content, his response to it immediately deviated to him whining about a gay black guy calling out bigotry. How could this have been done worse?

He could have actually said "I'm a Nazi now", but without that level of plausible deniability it might even be better in that it would be harder for YouTube to ignore.

It's very obvious to anyone with the ability to think critically that this [plot to spread Nazi propaganda] is not what happened but that also PDP has some major issues with real racism at the same time which he is in denial of. There's really no need to try and push the agenda that he is literally a Nazi and that he did this to red pill 75 million children into being white supremacists, it just devalues your own opinion and also the meaning of the accusation.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't tell if you're being facetious or not but this is the epitome of overblown exaggeration

It is not. Please tell us why you feel this way.

It's very obvious to anyone with the ability to think critically that this is not what happened but that also PDP has some major issues with real racism at the same time which he is in denial of. There's really no need to try and push the agenda that he is literally a Nazi and that he did this to red pill 75 million children into being white supremacists, it just devalues your own opinion and also the meaning of the accusation.

Ah the good old he's not a Nazi he just talks with them and retweets them on Twitter and makes edgy jokes saying Jews should die.

Why die on this hill? Whenever anyone gets upset about people doing racist things being called a racist i just have to laugh. What else does he have to do?!

M-M

Oct 27, 2017
It's very obvious to anyone with the ability to think critically that this [plot to spread Nazi propaganda] is not what happened but that also PDP has some major issues with real racism at the same time which he is in denial of. There's really no need to try and push the agenda that he is literally a Nazi and that he did this to red pill 75 million children into being white supremacists, it just devalues your own opinion and also the meaning of the accusation.

Be real with me for a second here, have you actually looked into the channel and specific video that PDP recommended? Cause that shit struck me as being blatant as fuck, even compared to the "humor" of "if you're offended you're just taking it too seriously!" channers I know from adolescence.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

PewDiePie associates with alt-right figures like Ben Shapiro (who he had as a guest in one of his videos), Steven Molyneux, and Alex Jones.

It's obvious because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

7cqr2wqcriwu.png

tweetm7fqz.jpg

alex-jones-realalexjo68dwm.png

uqg6z59z3zv11otftx.png

If you think it's obvious that PewDiePie isn't actually associated with neo-nazism, give me an explanation of why he repeatedly - and that's key here, repeatedly, not just once - deals with people who peddle neo-nazism. And, in this case, actually recommended their channel.

Last edited:

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
He is not. Please tell us why you feel this way.
Why do I feel that it is an exaggeration to say what happened is that this YouTuber was "intentionally trying to induct 75 million children into wanting to commit ethno-genocide" by linking them to an anime review by a racist 4channer?

Because it makes no sense?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Why do I feel that it is an exaggeration to say what happened is that this YouTuber was "intentionally trying to induct 75 million children into wanting to commit ethno-genocide" by linking them to an anime review by a racist 4channer?

You have zero problem calling him and his ilk a racist but whenever the topic of antisemitism and neo nazism comes up despite there being just as many if not more examples, you balk. Why is that? I'm not being accusatory, genuinely interested in your reasoning.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

His indifference is more damning. He only cares when people call him out, otherwise he seems to feel no responsibility to his audience, which is probably made up of millions of young impressionable kids. If you feel that the way he has handled these things is appropriate and that the channel he recommended isn't problematic then I feel you aren't arguing in good faith.

You seem stuck on his intentions or what people are inferring them to be. I don't agree with some people here that he is intentionally "redpilling" but I don't think that stops his behavior from being dangerous as fuck.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Hey. Kyzer . I just posted evidence of PewDiePie's association with alt-right figures. Are you going to respond to that with anything other than claims that him not being alt-right is obvious so you don't have to explain shit?

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
PewDiePie associates with alt-right figures like Ben Shapiro (who he had as a guest in one of his videos), Steven Molyneux, and Alex Jones.

7cqr2wqcriwu.png

tweetm7fqz.jpg

uqg6z59z3zv11otftx.png

If you think it's obvious that PewDiePie isn't actually associated with neo-nazism, give me an explanation of why he repeatedly - and that's key here, repeatedly, not just once - deals with people who peddle neo-nazism. And, in this case, actually recommended their channel.

No offense, I get what you're saying, but there's a really big difference between providing evidence that this guy is an idiot or racist, which is already plainly obvious, and providing evidence that he is intentionally trying to induct children into Nazism. Also are you saying everyone who is a fan of Ben Shapiro is a Nazi? That's a lot of people...

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Actually if you know anything about the Alt-Right you would know that makes perfect sense.

Slipping in racists ideals and opinions into funny/informative content is a major way they slowly convert people into siding with them.

You seem to think that the way they recruit is some clear PSA where they ask you to join the cause when in actuality they slowly change your opinions and make these serious situations/ideas appear as not a problem and in many cases 'just memes'.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Hey. Kyzer . I just posted evidence of PewDiePie's association with alt-right figures. Are you going to respond to that with anything other than claims that him not being alt-right is obvious so you don't have to explain shit?
Bro can you give me five fucking minutes to respond before getting so thirsty that you also start inferring that i have nefarious intentions? This isn't a chat room, holy shit. What's your deal? What do you think I "have" to explain? I'm not PewDiePie's lawyer, I'm not even a subscriber to his f YouTube channel. I don't owe you shit, and your opinion isn't facts, so stop accosting me. If you wanna have a conversation with me just do it, don't literally tag me after 5 fucking minutes harassing me to respond while haranging me as if I'm a coward for not doing so already

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
No offense, I get what you're saying, but there's a really big difference between providing evidence that this guy is an idiot or racist, which is already plainly obvious, and providing evidence that he is intentionally trying to induct children into Nazism. Also are you saying everyone who is a fan of Ben Shapiro is a Nazi? That's a lot of people...

No, I'm saying that someone who is a big fan and/or associate of Ben Shapiro, Steven Molyneux, Alex Jones, and E;R is probably a Nazi. Why do you struggle so much with the idea that this keeps happening?

Bro can you give me five fucking minutes to respond before getting so thirsty that you literally also start inferring that i have nefarious intentions invving nazism? This isn't a chat room, holy shit. What's your deal?

I didn't infer anything other than what you say is "obvious" is really just claimed without evidence. Much like, well, the thing you said I literally just inferred. I'm not accusing you of being a Nazi, I'm accusing you of talking out of your ass.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
You don't burn someone on a stake to prove they're not a witch and then go "oh well", just because you hate the guy.
Again, I urge everyone to form their own opinion. He explained himself for the second time in an 18 minute video. He deleted the bid that promoted the channel.

Why are you so sensitive to supposedly bad faith argumentation in this thread, yet not at all to Pewdiepie's usage of it?

Pewdiepie isn't sorry. In his mind, the person he recommended didn't even necessarily do anything wrong; it was all jokes. And in his prior video, he pointed to a single mistake The Verge made in their write-up (adding a zero) as evidence that there's no way he could possibly with his small team actually research channels he's recommending!!, which is itself disingenuous, but then in this new video, he simply leans into the "I didn't know!!" defense when it comes to all the massive red flags in the specific goddamn video he recommended.

Look: whether or not Pewdiepie has Nazi sympathies, that's certainly how things are manifesting in this situation. Whatever it is that's informing his framework, that framework isn't allowing him to see there are actual consequences to the shit he does, it isn't allowing him to pick up on how sick the person he recommended to his young audience is, and it's resulting in a dynamic where he essentially defends an alt-right figure while demonizing the media at large.

You need to be able to see that. You need to be able to see he's fucking up terribly here. You need to be able to see that, at the baseline, it turns out the dude who made a Death to Jews joke on his channel might also be a dude who signal boosts a Nazi and has zero guilt over it.

Luis Pereira

Banned
Mar 26, 2018

7cqr2wqcriwu.png

tweetm7fqz.jpg

alex-jones-realalexjo68dwm.png

uqg6z59z3zv11otftx.png

Ben Shapiro is jewish and that video is a parody making fun of Alex Jones by a left-wing channel.

He is clearly right wing, but neo-nazi?

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
No, I'm saying that someone who is a big fan and/or associate of Ben Shapiro, Steven Molyneux, Alex Jones, and E;R is probably a Nazi. Why do you struggle so much with the idea that this keeps happening?

I didn't infer anything other than what you say is "obvious" is really just claimed without evidence. Much like, well, the thing you said I literally just inferred. I'm not accusing you of being a Nazi, I'm accusing you of talking out of your ass.
Well that's a guarantee that you are talking out of your ass, because you can't steel-man my argument if you have no idea what I'm going to say, and arguing using irrelevant uncorrelated bullet points from your imagination to frame a narrative seems to be like your forte, congrats.

What gives you the idea that I'm "struggling" with anything? The fact that I called out the exaggeration of what happened? You seem to be struggling with both logic and living in the real world, because your idea that anyone who associates with Ben Shapiro is probably a Nazi is illogical, unrealistic, and also not even evidence of anything. You just proved my point. Do you not see the difference between connecting dots with assumptions in your head while using the word "probably" and providing evidence of a claim? The way you are hurling irrelevant insults and literally unable to wait 5 minutes for a response but are literally only proving something I already stated (that PDP is an obvious racist) , makes it seem like you want to grandstand over nothing.

What are you trying to persuade me of exactly? How does this prove that he was intentionally trying to induce children into Nazism? You are using the word as a political slur, exactly the way conservatives make fun of liberals for using it. You are categorizing all republicans who like Ben Shapiro as probably Nazis. I don't think you should be using the word so lightly. It devalues the accusation.

Also if I don't respond for two minutes please don't harass me it doesn't mean I ran away because I was just some troll npc thanks

Starvigil

Oct 30, 2017

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That's a different point. I'm not my intent to defend everything he does. I don't even watch him except for times likes these to see if there's something to it. I know he's an idiot.

Listen guys, I don't know or even care about anything he has done previously. I'm only here to defend him in this specific controversy while ignoring the fact that his past gives context to his present.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Listen guys, I don't know or even care about anything he has done previously. I'm only here to defend him in this specific controversy while ignoring the fact that his past gives context to his present.
Yep.

People keep defending him on each issue as if it is isolated and the reason so many of us here are shouting our concern is because when you look at the big picture you see clear similarities with alt-right tactics and actions.

How many times will it take for some to realise that these arent small, isolated issues but part of a more significant problem with him?

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
So what do you think about Pewdiepie saying that SonicFox declaring pride about being a black, gay furry was just him making up enemies?

Seriously, how can someone be blind enough to find those explanation videos somehow persuasive...? He's down to insult Sonicfox, but not the Nazi he signal boosted. He's down to create idiotic narratives as to why places like Vox are interested in holding him accountable, but not the slightest bit interested in wrestling with his mistakes.

The Pewdiepie videos posted in this thread are exhibit A and B as to how fucked YouTube is. The media is supposed to hold people accountable, but since creators like Pewdiepie have mastered the art of appealing to their audience to avoid accountability, that basic function of the media ends up being weaponized against them. There's a massive audience of people who view journalism as being this outdated thing that is in complete disrepute, but at the same time, somehow find Pewdiepie's disingenuousness moving and righteous.

Anyone who watches Pewdiepie's rebuttals in a clear-headed fashion will see that, not only do they completely fail as defenses, they've done far more harm than good. Stop fighting on the side of the person who coincidentally embraces Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, and a random YouTube Nazi, yet is allergic to people like Sonicfox and the part of the media that actually exists within a journalistic framework. He's making the world a worse place, and "I just want to play video games" is not an excuse for that.

GoodGamerGuy

Nov 15, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Excusing the use of racist language, dismissing concerns surrounding bigotry over a series of posts
I don't understand how anybody could be so dumb to think he is a nazi sympathizer or associates with anything from any of this.
It's like he says in his video, his followers know who he is and know that he isn't what the media says. I listened to the Joe Rogan podcast the other day with Jordan Peterson on it, does that make me alt right? I don't even follow politics. I'm from Ireland, so to me I see Trump as an absolute idiot and find the whole situation of him getting elected hilarious. I think Alex Jones is a moron from listening to him on Joe Rogan. I followed DJ Khaled on Snapchat because I found him hilariously stupid and laughed when he posted. Whats the difference with following extreme alt right people? If it's amusing I don't see an issue.
Just because you say something racist once doesn't make you a racist. I was in a situation with a friend where he shouted the N word when he got frustrated with a video game, while he was sitting beside a black person. The friend who shouted it isn't remotely racist but he just shouted it as a word that came to him in a fit of anger.
People can say something wrong and bad and as long as they grow from it and improve then they should be able to. I like modern PewDiePie, I think he can express his thoughts very well and speak on these situations in a rational way. If he was a straight up racist then it would be different and I wouldn't enjoy him, but as somebody who watches him, I think that the media is blowing this way out of proportion.

Luis Pereira

Banned
Mar 26, 2018
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nazis_of_non-Germanic_descent

That doesn't really mean a whole lot as a defense. Jewish people are capable of subscribing to any ideology, just like anyone else.
They were people with Jewish descent, and all living while the Reich existed. They omitted the origin and that was covered by authorities.

You can't possibly say that Ben Shapiro is a neo-nazi.

Seriously, it's almost offensive. me and him would be dead in Nazi Germany, my skin is white but my nose, my head, and my hair are clearly Jewish. In New York people in the streets offered discounts for Jewish families for me and my family presuming that we were Jews... it's absurd to think that I would associate myself with nazis. But anyway, someone called me a nazi when I mocked pewdiepie response.

We need to use this accusation carefully. In Brazil, we elected a fascist because the left called nazists all right-wing candidates for the last 20 years, and when one appaer people didn't believe that he was a real nazi.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how anybody could be so dumb to think he is a nazi sympathizer or associates with anything from any of this.
It's like he says in his video, his followers know who he is and know that he isn't what the media says. I listened to the Joe Rogan podcast the other day with Jordan Peterson on it, does that make me alt right? I don't even follow politics. I'm from Ireland, so to me I see Trump as an absolute idiot and find the whole situation of him getting elected hilarious. I think Alex Jones is a moron from listening to him on Joe Rogan. I followed DJ Khaled on Snapchat because I found him hilariously stupid and laughed when he posted. Whats the difference with following extreme alt right people? If it's amusing I don't see an issue.
Just because you say something racist once doesn't make you a racist. I was in a situation with a friend where he shouted the N word when he got frustrated with a video game, while he was sitting beside a black person. The friend who shouted it isn't remotely racist but he just shouted it as a word that came to him in a fit of anger.
People can say something wrong and bad and as long as they grow from it and improve then they should be able to. I like modern PewDiePie, I think he can express his thoughts very well and speak on these situations in a rational way. If he was a straight up racist then it would be different and I wouldn't enjoy him, but as somebody who watches him, I think that the media is blowing this way out of proportion.

Someone who shouts the N Word in anger is absolutely a racist.

Why that word in anger, hmm?

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Your friend is a racist and you listen to an alt right podcast.

They were people with Jewish descent, and all living while the Reich existed. They omitted the origin and that was covered by authorities.

You can't possibly say that Ben Shapiro is a neo-nazi.

Seriously, it's almost offensive. me and him would be dead in Nazi Germany, my skin is white but my nose, my head, and my hair are clearly Jewish. In New York people in the streets offered discounts for Jewish families for me and my family presuming that we were Jews... it's absurd to think that I would associate myself with nazis. But anyway, someone called me a nazi when I mocked pewdiepie response.

We need to use this accusation carefully. In Brazil, we elected a fascist because the left called nazists all right-wing candidates for the last 20 years, and when one appaer people didn't believe that he was a real nazi.

And yet, you are defending two people who believe in the Nazi ideology.

GoodGamerGuy

Nov 15, 2017
Someone who shouts the N Word in anger is absolutely a racist.

Why that word in anger, hmm?

I think it would make you racist if it was a consistent thing, but I've known the guy my whole life and he's never done it before or said anything negative about black people before it. I'm just going by my own experience, but I think he just blurted out the first thing that came to his head

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think it would make you racist if it was a consistent thing, but I've known the guy my whole life and he's never done it before or said anything negative about black people before it. I'm just going by my own experience, but I think he just blurted out the first thing that came to his head
And why would that word be the first thing to come to mind?

GoodGamerGuy

Nov 15, 2017
Your friend is a racist and you listen to an alt right podcast.

If you say so. I disagree. I'm not alt right though, it might be considered an alt right podcast, but if I'm listening to something like Tom Delongue talk about whacky alien theories on it or Dr. Rhonda Patrick talk about nutrition and the keto diet, I wouldn't say it makes it alt right.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's a guarantee that you are talking out of your ass,

Honestly, at this point I think you're just parroting what I say and I really shouldn't bother with you anymore, but ah well.

You seem to be struggling with both logic and living in the real world, because your idea that anyone who associates with Ben Shapiro is probably a Nazi is illogical, unrealistic, and also not even evidence of anything. You just proved my point.
What gives you the idea that I'm "struggling" with anything? The fact that I called out the exaggeration of what happened?

I reversed the order here, because I think one demonstrates the other. I never said that anyone who associates with Ben Shapiro is a Nazi. Look again. No, seriously. The idea is that it's part of pattern of behaviour. PewDiePie associating with Ben Shapiro goes together with him tweeting Stefan Molyneux, and it goes together with him posting a video which mocks the Charlottesville killings, which goes together with him talking with a Polish politician who claims that women are less intelligent than men, which goes together with him ragging against the mainstream media because they called him out for using a racial slur (and even then not pointing out that he used a homophobic slur in the same video), which goes together with him getting upset by a gay black furry saying that the republicans don't like him.

Again, the key word is repeatedly. It's not one thing. It's a pattern of behaviour. I say you seem to be struggling because you keep pulling out Ben Shapiro out of the argument. I have no idea why you're so focused on Ben Shapiro. Maybe you're just trying to distort the argment. Regardless, that's not the argument being made, and the fact that you did it again after I already pointed out that's what you did is good enough to highlight why I think you're struggling with it.

Do you not see the difference between connecting dots with assumptions in your head while using the word "probably" and providing evidence of a claim?

My point was never to make a claim other than that you were talking out of your ass when you said that "PewDiePie obviously isn't a Nazi". Besides the fact that we're in a thread about him recommending a neo-Nazi's channel, I demonstrated that he also associates with alt-right figures. All I'm really seeking to demonstrate is that it's not nearly as obvious as you're insisting it is.

You are using the word as a political slur, exactly the way conservatives make fun of liberals for using it. You are categorizing all republicans who like Ben Shapiro as probably Nazis. I don't think you should be using the word so lightly. It devalues the accusation.

The alt-right is literally just a new name created for neo-Nazis to rebrand their movement. That much is documented. The difficulty with trying to separate "legitimate" American conservatives - and non-American conservatives who interactive with the American conservative sphere - is that very recently, the alt-right has managed to inject itself into mainstream American politics. There was always some degree of connection, of course. Nazis had movement, and inspired themselves by the KKK. But it becomes harder to separate the mainstream from the fringe when the mainstream isn't wiling to separate itself from the fringe.

Beyond that, political parties do not deserve any special respect because they're mainstream or established. They're just political parties who have managed to keep hold over their power for a very long time. If they're no longer operating in good faith or if they never were to start with, there's no real reason to pretend they're more legitimate than they are.

Also if I don't respond for two minutes please don't harass me it doesn't mean I ran away because I was just some troll npc thanks

First off, all I did was ask you if you're going to reply to a post. If you'd notice, you had actually already posted between my last post and the one that's got you so upset. I don't think asking you to reply is the same as harassment. I didn't go into your PMs. I didn't accuse you of being a Nazi. I didn't try to get other members to come after you. I haven't even reported you. That said, I don't really care about whatever victim complex you might have.

Second off, quote a post of mine where I accused someone of being a troll NPC. Doesn't have to be you. Doesn't even have to be in this thread. You're the one who said

using irrelevant uncorrelated bullet points from your imagination to frame a narrative seems to be like your forte
hurling irrelevant insults

so I invite you to demonstrate that I am who you claim me to be. As it stands, I think this is another case of you talking out of your own ass.

Last edited:

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you say so. I disagree. I'm not alt right though, it might be considered an alt right podcast, but if I'm listening to something like Tom Delongue talk about whacky alien theories on it or Dr. Rhonda Patrick talk about nutrition and the keto diet, I wouldn't say it makes it alt right.

What makes it Alt Right is the constant stream of Alt Right guests.

M-M

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's a guarantee that you are talking out of your ass, because you can't steel-man my argument if you have no idea what I'm going to say, and arguing using irrelevant uncorrelated bullet points from your imagination to frame a narrative seems to be like your forte, congrats.

What gives you the idea that I'm "struggling" with anything? The fact that I called out the exaggeration of what happened? You seem to be struggling with both logic and living in the real world, because your idea that anyone who associates with Ben Shapiro is probably a Nazi is illogical, unrealistic, and also not even evidence of anything. You just proved my point. Do you not see the difference between connecting dots with assumptions in your head while using the word "probably" and providing evidence of a claim? The way you are hurling irrelevant insults and literally unable to wait 5 minutes for a response but are literally only proving something I already stated (that PDP is an obvious racist) , makes it seem like you want to grandstand over nothing.

What are you trying to persuade me of exactly? How does this prove that he was intentionally trying to induce children into Nazism? You are using the word as a political slur, exactly the way conservatives make fun of liberals for using it. You are categorizing all republicans who like Ben Shapiro as probably Nazis. I don't think you should be using the word so lightly. It devalues the accusation.

I really do not want PDP to be a neo-nazi. Like, the thought of that doesn't give me a kind of righteous anger, it actually scares me. I wish I could go a couple of years back to when "oh, but maybe they're just being edgy jokesters again" was a satisfactory explanation as to why these people I saw were so comfortable, jovial even, making jokes and memes out of these ideas, EVEN AS they've started becoming more prevalent and harmful to the minority groups they specify.

I don't have the luxury of not worrying about it under the assumption that it could just be a joke, because the very real people that don't see it as a joke:

1)Have been increasing both in number and political influence.
2)Actively take advantage of this kind of humor to peddle their ideas

And the very real harm done by them doesn't go away once all the jokesters or people just out for money say they "really didn't mean it that way". Frankly, how am I supposed to interpret it when at best, PDP just doesn't seem to give a shit about that? How am I supposed to take that?

EDIT: I'd also just like to add, it really hasn't even been a century since these kind of propaganda tactics and political ideologies led to people like me being systematically murdered, and now they're both way more prevalent in the mainstream discourse than they have ever been at any previous point in my lifetime. Some people find this hilarious. Those people scare the shit out of me.

Last edited:

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If that's the first fucking thing that comes to his mind in a moment of anger he has some serious issues, mostly involving race.

GoodGamerGuy

Nov 15, 2017
What makes it Alt Right is the constant stream of Alt Right guests.

As I said, I'm not political so I don't really care if its labeled as alt right or not, I don't listen to those guests really as it bores me. I listened to the Alex Jones one because it was hilarious how dumb the guy is. I mainly listen to it for the other guests like those I mentioned

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said, I'm not political so I don't really care if its labeled as alt right or not, I don't listen to those guests really as it bores me. I listened to the Alex Jones one because it was hilarious how dumb the guy is. I mainly listen to it for the other guests like those I mentioned

What if I told you that you are in a political thread at this very moment, excusing a white supremacist and Nazi Sympathizer?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Ever heard the concept of "hiding your power level." Fun fact, the person he specifically linked to has a gab.ai account where he talks specifically about that.

For example:
As I said, I'm not political

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

This entire post is a series of contradictions, but I'm going to focus on this part.

You acknowledge your friend made a mistake, that he needed to grow and improve, but deny he ever had a shred of racism within him. Do you think getting angry and saying the n-word is something people routinely do? Do you think someone who does that is likely to be one of those rare individuals who hasn't internalized any racist attitudes, who somehow has no meaningful blindspots on the subject of race?

Or do you think that was a serious mistake, that it was very much a racist thing he did, and it was revealing of a serious need to grow specifically because it was an overtly racist thing to do? I would go with this one.

And even then, I would agree your friend probably deserved room to grow and improve. But that process isn't helped by covering your eyes as to the nature of his mistake. Same with Pewdiepie: it so happens that he was also broadcasting to a massive audience, but I would like for him to become better, too, keeping in mind the starting point that shouting the n-word over a video game stream reveals.

I would hope your friend has showcased more evidence of getting better. I'm not sure you've ever really wrapped your head around just how loud Pewdiepie's voice is among young people, but think about it for a moment. You'd think saying the n-word the way he did would really, really spark some introspection. But it hasn't. Look at this most recent example: after signal boosting a Nazi, giving him something like 20,000+ more subscribers, he has actually defended said Nazi. Where is the evidence of growth, the evidence that he has become more conscious of his influence? Where is the introspection, the warning people away from such channels, the plan to do better in the future? Nowhere to be found.

Think to your friend again. Sometimes we live well enough with our blindspots that we feel perfectly comfortable not really addressing them. It seems to me fans of Pewdiepie are basically living within that comfortable place. Pewdiepie, though, doesn't or at least shouldn't have that luxury; he's privileged with immense power. His blindspots manifest in the form of directing his massive, suggestible audience to a racist channel, and then thinking it's not a particularly big deal. You need to call that out.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Ben Shapiro is jewish and that video is a parody making fun of Alex Jones by a left-wing channel.

He is clearly right wing, but neo-nazi?

I wouldn't call Ben a neo-nazi but he advocates for a final solution against Palestine and is horrendously transfobic with the stupidest talking points to justify it. So basically he's as bad as a neo-nazi and all of his fans are pieces of shit.

The interesting thing about Pew Die is that he used to be pretty left leaning a few years ago. I have to imagine the first articles against him led him down the bullshit "free speech" radical conservative rabbit hole.

Yeah... I really don't think that's what led to the election of Bolsonaro. It's more to do with the massively corrupt judiciary and the age old people blaming their countries issues on minorities whilst ignoring how badly the police/judiciary/corporations have been fucking it. The whole "left called to many people nazi's" is just an excuse people use to hide their own racism. The idea people couldn't tell Bolsonaro was a fascist after years of him making biggoted comments, praising torturers and espousing his love for a failed military state is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited: