• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
my favorite stefan molyneux moment was when he went on a weird incel-y tirade about how women are the root of all evil because they choose to marry assholes (instead of nice guys like him!) who in turn pass their assholery down to their children through some sort of Asshole Gene

he's exactly the kind of guy who criticizes women for being attracted to serial killers but doesn't criticize men for, you know. becoming serial killers

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So yeah. I always kinda defended PewDiePie, 'cause he is an entertainer first and finding the edge of whats okay is kinda his Job. But lately those missteps aren't an "ooopsie" anymore. If you watch his latest "PewNews" Video its clear that he knows what he's doing and it disgusts me.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To everyone who comes up with this "I'm from [insert european country here] and we don't know what the N-word means"
Fuck off. Yes we do and even if you as a single individual don't know it (how old are you btw?), ignorance doesn't protect you
from retribution.

And seriously, how blind and how much of a fanboy can you be to protect a guy on the internet, screaming at games like he is
a close friend of yours? He doesn't know that you exist and doesn't give a shit. Are you still in your teens and need such kind
of a model, like a teenage girl is in "love" with a boyband?
How often does he need to do and say racist shit until you start using your brain and grow a spine?

Speaking of which: Kudos to all these other YouTubers and twitch Streamers that are part of the whole "SUB TO PEWDS" shit, knowingly how he did this shit multiple times prior and don't have the guts nor the brain to speak up against it.

But my god, if only one person speaks critically about your hobby or one of your buddies, then you're all up for the next 2 weeks, because it effects you and only you and the amount of money you can generate.

FUCK

I'm so fed up with this self-centered world and all these spineless dickheads.
Just once in your life do the world a favor and burst into green jelly

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
To everyone who comes up with this "I'm from [insert european country here] and we don't know what the N-word means"
Fuck off. Yes we do and even if you as a single individual don't know it (how old are you btw?), ignorance doesn't protect you
from retribution.

And seriously, how blind and how much of a fanboy can you be to protect a guy on the internet, screaming at games like he is
a close friend of yours? He doesn't know that you exist and doesn't give a shit. Are you still in your teens and need such kind
How often does he need to do and say racist shit until you start using your brain and grow a spine?

Speaking of which: Kudos to all these other YouTubers and twitch Streamers that are part of the whole "SUB TO PEWDS" shit, knowingly how he did this shit multiple times prior and don't have the guts nor the brain to speak up against it.

But my god, if only one person speaks critically about your hobby or one of your buddies, then you're all up for the next 2 weeks, because it effects you and only you and the amount of money you can generate.

FUCK

I'm so fed up with this self-centered world and all these spineless dickheads.
Just once in your life do the world a favor and burst into green jelly
i hate it when people do the "i'm european and i don't know shit!!" shtick. way to make us all look like dumbasses lmao

Oct 29, 2017
Paris
I'm french, said on Twitter that it's not the 1st tile this guy has this kind of speech (fact) and guess what... far right and far left trolls came to insult me. The hate on jews is for real in France.

The_Ultima

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Germany
Yes we do and even if you as a single individual don't know it (how old are you btw?), ignorance doesn't protect you
from retribution.

This is a good post, I rate it 10/10 on the "Please read this good post"-scala. Please read this good post, people.

Nov 4, 2017
Fuck off. Yes we do and even if you as a single individual don't know it (how old are you btw?)
Yeah, my basic internal process. I grew up in Australia in the 90s, the most isolated English speaking place in the world. I encountered the n-word when I started listening to rap music around the age of 11 or 12 (though I thought it was just a salutation rappers used, like "homie"). As I started to watch more mature TV and movies, I soon learned that there was more to it and asked my parents. My (Scottish) parents explained that it was a word used by white Americans to keep black people down etc. Then by the end of HS I'd learned about the horrors of the Atlantic slave trade, Jim Crow laws, intergenerational trauma and institutionalised racism which African Americans had been subjected to over hundreds of years. I learned all this before I had internet at home, being raised and informed by two different cultures that had nothing to do with the US.

So yeah... I don't really buy that an English speaker of adult age can not know what the n-word means, or the impact it has, in the age of the internet.

Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales
my favorite stefan molyneux moment was when he went on a weird incel-y tirade about how women are the root of all evil because they choose to marry assholes (instead of nice guys like him!) who in turn pass their assholery down to their children through some sort of Asshole Gene

he's exactly the kind of guy who criticizes women for being attracted to serial killers but doesn't criticize men for, you know. becoming serial killers

My favourite Molyneux moment will always be when he did a video on Frozen and then pretended to be a woman in his own comments telling him how amazing and awesome he is. Fucking gold.

screen-shot-2014-07-10-at-thu-jul-10-14-1.png

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
from retribution.
I'm from european country and I don't understand how in 2018 you can be ignorant about this stuff. if you have account on era you understand English well enough. You probably are on internet for more than 1 year. You consume countless of US media.
This could be vaild excuse pre 2000, maybe.

Gizamaluke

Oct 28, 2017
Impossible to know what to do about this guy. He's clearly dangerous, and clever enough to instil his horrid little world view in very insidious ways, but the more everyone goes after him, the more he plays victim and rallies his cult back around him, so even calling him out works in his favour. We have created something horrific here. Some scrubby little bedroom dweller becomes the mouthpiece of a generation and too big to fail. It will only get worse.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
My favourite Molyneux moment will always be when he did a video on Frozen and then pretended to be a woman in his own comments telling him how amazing and awesome he is. Fucking gold.

screen-shot-2014-07-10-at-thu-jul-10-14-1.png
Lol just highlights what a sniveling worm Stefan is.
Bigots always pull this shit. I wouldn't be surprised if YT scumbags regularly clear a few hours to use alt accounts to pretend to be women, black people, Muslims, trans people etc. on their own content and/or that of their fellow content creators and comment to spin "clever" takes on the truth behind being a minority. "I'm Minority X and I agree that straight white men are the only real form of human while I'm worthless yet manipulative creature who's weak yet rules a powerful cabal to undermine the West."

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol just highlights what a sniveling worm Stefan is.
Bigots always pull this shit. I wouldn't be surprised if YT scumbags regularly clear a few hours to use alt accounts to pretend to be women, black people, Muslims, trans people etc. on their own content and/or that of their fellow content creators and comment to spin "clever" takes on the truth behind being a minority. "I'm Minority X and I agree that straight white men are the only real form of human while I'm worthless yet manipulative and weak yet rule a powerful cabal to undermine the West."
There's a lot of fake women and minorities on twitter.

Derp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone link PDP response video? He pretty much apologized and removed part of the original video linking to E;R. I kinda believe him, seeing as in original video PDP was mentioning him because of anime reviews, his racist remarks are kinda obscure in his YouTube (otherwise he would get banned) and obvious on twittrr.

I don't think it's out of realm of possibility that PDP just watched his recent anime reviews and linked him among 25 other small channels since lot of smaller YouTubers helped him to gain lot of subs in "sub war" with some indian music channel for 1st place.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone link PDP response video? He pretty much apologized and removed part of the original video linking to E;R. I kinda believe him, seeing as in original video PDP was mentioning him because of anime reviews, his racist remarks are kinda obscure in his YouTube (otherwise he would get banned) and obvious on twittrr.

I don't think it's out of realm of possibility that PDP just watched his recent anime reviews and linked him among 25 other small channels since lot of smaller YouTubers helped him to gain lot of subs in "sub war" with some indian music channel for 1st place.

The video PDP linked has in the description the guy delayed the video because he originally wrote it calling the Black L "Niglet." That ain't obscure.

He also includes in that video what looks like the actual murder footage of Heather Hayer.

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The video PDP linked has in the description the guy delayed the video because he originally wrote it calling the Black L "Niglet." That ain't obscure.

He also includes in that video what looks like the actual murder footage of Heather Hayer.
While using a description of her murder to explain how the Death note works too.

Derp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Personally I never even look at video description or past first few comments, it's just full of links and tags.

I think he just need to hire a helper and social media manager to make sure this doesn't happen. Although not sure if he is willing to spend more, than he already does on editors etc.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish youtube would shut his channel down but seeing how he still has the largest YouTube channel, that'll never happen.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden

E;R has gained many more subscribers, an apology doesn't fix this.

Pewdiepie can make amends by reporting the channel for hate speech and anti-semitism, and ask his braindead following to do the same thing.

What a fucking joke. It's all apologies, no consequences, no actions, no attempt at trying.

This is the Pewdiepie cycle.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wait, are there seriously people in this thread saying they don't know what the N-Word is/means?
Wat?
Did you think it was just some filler word used by rappers in hip hop when they can't come up with a good rhyme or something?
Jesus fuck ERA.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I get that he took action and removed the offending bit from his video, but his apology came across as somewhat disingenuous, he seemed more annoyed than genuinely contrite.

Does he not get that having a ridiculously large number of followers, many of whom are young and impressionable, means that you have a certain responsibility and can't just shout out things into the ether without at least a modicum of prior research? Whether he likes it or not, he has some level of influence, but it seems like he just treats that as a joke.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So you didn't watch the vid in the OP huh, just pdp's bullshit response. Par for the course.
As a reminder :

SDl56na.jpg

In this EXACT video the guy jokes about heather heyer's death, but hey maybe he muted the video for that exact same segment. Fuck your kind of shill. Fuck PDP and anyone who still subs him.

Also 68 in a year. What are the odds you'd just pop up now huh. Keep fighting the good fight.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, a brazilian "nordestino (poorest part of Brazil, Maranhão e Ceará) with Jewish origins and at the same time a nazi sympathizer.

I would be careful about throwing nazi accusations like this.

And yes, I was joking.
Given how many burner accounts are shitting both threads about this up, you should maybe be more obvious when you're being sarastic.

Derp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Antagonizing other members and excusing bigotry as a localized issue
So you didn't watch the vid in the OP huh, just pdp's bullshit response. Par for the course.
As a reminder :

SDl56na.jpg

In this EXACT video the guy jokes about heather heyer's death, but hey maybe he muted the video for that exact same segment. Fuck your kind of shill. Fuck PDP and anyone who still subs him.

Also 68 in a year. What are the odds you'd just pop up now huh. Keep fighting the good fight.

Stop overreacting. I have no idea who that is (girl in question), so I would need to Google it, probably same for 99% of people, including PDP. Is that connected to some event in US? Why would anyone from outside of US care? I can believe that sweed living in UK also have no clue about reference to US event.

I didn't watch E;R video or video in OP, but I did saw the verge article Wich was factually wrong and pushed narrative about whole thing.

I post rarely precisely because NeoGaf and now era devolve into echochamber of opinions. Era at the start was much better, but now is pretty much indistinguishable from late NeoGaf minus the owner and mod team. I don't understand why this thread still in gaming and not etc.

Case in point PDP needs to find US social media manager or chief editor, who will check for US related sensitive topics that 99% of people outside of US wouldn't even understand.

Edit: typos on mobile

Last edited:

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Dude, he of all people should know that he should better review the channels before recommending them. And this channel in. particular isn't exactly secretive about its views.

Not to take away from what you said, but what he did do was playing footage of the incident while talking about loosely related stuff since both involve people being run over. Or maybe you were talking about a different point of the video, I watched indirectly trough another YouTuber.
But yeah, that Er guy is a colossal piece of shit and this Heather Hyes is still ranking low in terms of shocking stuff he did.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Dude, he of all people should know that he should better review the channels before recommending them. And this channel in. particular isn't exactly secretive about its views.

Not to take away from what you said, but what he did do was playing footage of the incident while talking about loosely related stuff since both involve people being run over. Or maybe you were talking about a different point of the video, I watched indirectly trough another YouTuber.
But yeah, that Er guy is a colossal piece of shit and this Heather Heyes is still ranking low in terms of shocking stuff he did.
It wasnt loosely related, the example of how to use the death note was "If you write a girl should be run over by a car but that isnt possible due to people being in the way she will die of a heart attack" all while showing footage of the car driving into the crowd and killing her.

It was clearly a direct reference to her murder.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop overreacting. I have no idea who that is (girl in question), so I would need to Google it, probably same for 99% of people, including PDP. Is that connected to some event in US? Why would anyone from outside of US care? I can believe that sweed living in UK also have no clue about reference to US event.

I didn't watch E;R video or video in OP, but I did saw the verge article Wich was factually wrong and pushed narrative about whole thing.

I post rarely precisely because NeoGaf and now era devolve into echochamber of opinions. Era at the start was much better, but now is pretty much indistinguishable from late NeoGaf minus the owner and mod team. I don't understand why this thread still in gaming and not etc.

Case in point PDP needs to find US social media manager or chief editor, who will check for US related sensitive topics that 99% of people outside of US wouldn't even understand.

Jesus Fucking Christ. HE USED HIS VIDEO TO ATTACK SONICFOX FOR DARING TO SAY REPUBLICANS HATE GAYS AND BLACKS.

How do you not see what is wrong with that?!?!

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"oh he's just ignorant" yeah right, just like he absolutely didn't know the n-word is highly offensive, he just shouted a random word and it was this one, he didn't know it was bad
You had the time to watch his garbage apology but didn't have time to watch the video in the OP nor google for 10s who Heather Heyer is. Your priorities are right where they need to be I see.