• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Good thing PDP has removed ER from the video and denounced supporting him wholly. PDP should be more careful next time in promoting channels simply due to the massive base he has.

Even if he may have not known about the videos, he should check as its a quick way to lose control over what you stand for.

He even said himself that he doesnt have an actual team.... afaik its him, brad and brad2 (forgot the name of the other editor)

Of course he should check, but since he was recommending 28 channels, checking every video of every one of those channels would be massive I guess.

Good of him to removing the fuckup

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
He even said himself that he doesnt have an actual team.... afaik its him, brad and brad2 (forgot the name of the other editor)

Of course he should check, but since he was recommending 28 channels, checking every video of every one of those channels would be massive I guess.

Then hire more people or don't endorse shit until you can vet the recommendation. This is basic shit for almost any form of media. You don't get credit for making a half-hearted, snide "apology" for you 100th fuck up.

Or, in his words, an "oopsie". As in, "I endorsed nazis. Oopsie."

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Good thing PDP has removed ER from the video and denounced supporting him wholly. PDP should be more careful next time in promoting channels simply due to the massive base he has.

Even if he may have not known about the videos, he should check as its a quick way to lose control over what you stand for.

Oh, come on people. PDP even used the OK sign in the comment for that alt-right garbage video. He is 100% alt-right. He retweets alt-right users, using their lingo and code words, recommending their channels, and is clearly friends with some of them (joking around with Stefan Molyneux as seen in the OP). Removing the recommendation doesn't mean anything at all. This is how the alt-right works. "Mistakes" and "jokes" is what they are all about.

And it's clearly working. By claiming that it was a mistake, once again, he can fool people who don't know anything (or very little) about the alt-right, and at the same time let the alt-right know that he is on their side. At this point he is probably their number one recruiter considering how many subscribers he has.

Last edited:

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Antagonistic forum generalizations, trolling
Oh, come on people. PDP even used the OK sign in the comment for that alt-right garbage video. He is 100% alt-right. He retweets alt-right users, using their lingo and code words, recommending their channels, and is clearly friends with some of them (joking around with Stefan Molyneux as seen in the OP). Removing the recommendation doesn't mean anything at all. This is how the alt-right works. "Mistakes" and "jokes" is what they are all about.

And it's clearly working. By claiming that it was a mistake, once again, he can fool people who don't know anything (or very little) about the alt-right, and at the same time let the alt-right know that he is on their side. At this point he is probably their number one recruiter considering how many subscribers he has.
Molyneux and PDP are alt-right? Anyone who isn't on the far left seems to get that treatment around here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Molyneux and PDP are alt-right? Anyone who isn't on the far left seems to get that treatment around here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Molyneux#Alt-right

Molyneux has been described as a part of the "alt-right" by Politico, Metro, NY Magazine, Vanity Fair, and CBS, and has been described as "one of the alt-right's biggest YouTube stars" by Washington Post columnist J. J. McCullough.[4][5][24][25][26][27] Business Insider and BuzzFeed have characterized Molyneux as far-right.[28][29] In a 2016 YouTube video, Molyneux has denied that he identifies with the alt-right movement.[30] Data & Society, a research institute, described Molyneux as "a Canadian talk show host who promotes scientific racism".[31]
According to Radio New Zealand, Molyneux believes in the White genocide conspiracy theory.[36] In a 2018 interview with Lauren Southern about violence against white farmers in South Africa, he stated that the media and NGOs were under-reporting the subject because they "don't want to scare the whites in the west with what happens when whites become a minority in a highly aggressive and tribalised world".[37][38]

After portrait painter Kehinde Wiley was chosen to paint Barack Obama's presidential portrait, Molyneux called Wiley a "white genocide fetish artist",[39] noting that in 2012 Wiley had created two paintings of black women holding up the severed heads of white women, which Wiley later referred to as "sort of a play on the 'kill whitey' thing".[40][41]

The SPLC describes Molyneux as a "libertarian internet commentator and alleged cult leader who amplifies 'scientific racism,' eugenics and white supremacism to a massive new audience" and that "Stefan Molyneux operates within the racist so-called 'alt-right' and pro-Trump ranks."[42]
Molyneux was a panelist at a 2014 Detroit conference held by the men's rights movement and manosphere organization, A Voice for Men. According to Jessica Roy of Time magazine, Molyneux argued that violence in the world is the result of how women treat their children, and that "If we could just get people to be nice to their babies for five years straight, that would be it for war, drug abuse, addiction, promiscuity, sexually transmitted diseases, ... Almost all would be completely eliminated, because they all arise from dysfunctional early childhood experiences, which are all run by women."[23]

Tell me more, Buckley.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Molyneux definitely has views that align with the alt right. I'm not sure about PDP, he just drops the n word when he's mad so he may just be a racist.

Ever heard the phrase "a man is known by the company he keeps"?

1waafslzn8xyu2d9j.png

7cqr2wq1jiva.png

gunpmft17miy6lchy.jpg

ben-shapiro-reviews-mwvcfo.jpg

Jktpnymonorel

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Stop watching him now he doesnt do gaming vids anymore.

but now my "normies" friend started to watch him as he stop doing gaming vids....

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Stop watching him now he doesnt do gaming vids anymore.

but now my "normies" friend started to watch him as he stop doing gaming vids....
They are pretty much 2 personalities

old PDP was nerdy, geeky and easy scared (gaming PDP) and new one is literally PDP OW THE EDGE

I was following the T-series fight and thought the whole thing was funny seeing all these other famous YT doing all kind of crazy shit (buying ads, promoting the fight pretty much globally)

I totally get hating PDP with the ammount of fuckups he accumulated, but I have no problem watching his videos to get the latest meme reviews.

He will pretty much associate with anybody for "memes" nowadays... Ben Shapiro, even fucking TAKES-PHOTO-OF-DEAD-BODY-ON-SUICIDE-FOREST-LOGAN

He obviously doesn't have an PR team and probably dont care for one either

Last edited:

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
strange he only half-acknowledged promoting nazis and completely left out his ties with the alt-right.

instead he goes on for another 10 minutes about his issue with inclusion.

strange.

Deleted member 8777

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if you'll read this or if your post is in good faith but Stefan Molyneux is an outright white supremacist(and also a dumbshit). He openly believes in white genocide, race realism, iq shit. Just a few weeks ago he was talking about his amazing experience in all white poland. He ran blogs dedicated to "the cost of black america" and shit like that.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I decided to take a day before I reacted to this and I'm still incensed

this is beyond the pale, the rising anti-semitism is a serious concern and should NOT be tolerated

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you'll read this or if your post is in good faith but Stefan Molyneux is an outright white supremacist(and also a dumbshit). He openly believes in white genocide, race realism, iq shit. Just a few weeks ago he was talking about his amazing experience in all white poland. He ran blogs dedicated to "the cost of black america" and shit like that.

He entered the Jaffe thread to defend his games and entered the SonicFox thread to defend Trump voters (despite being Canadian). As with PewDiePie, my hope that this is a genuine misunderstanding he can learn from is ground down as the incident becomes a pattern of behavior.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I forgot that PDP likes Molyneux. That combined with him calling Sonicfox "not that bright" is more telling than any slur that could slip out for me.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
lmao

ej3e6j83jc321.jpg

9b60419379dadd691408ee2a7d16342f.jpg

fsu043g3y9221.jpg

If the shoe fits...

Edit: Welp he got banned.
It's always a treat when disingenuous people like Buckley get caught out with their pants down like this. They love projecting the idea that progressives just bandy about terms like bigot and alt-right for people who we "dislike". They never think that we use those terms for people who display those bigoted, white supremacist behaviors and ideals and have the receipts to prove it.

I don't know about Buckley but I'm not interested in just randomly creating enemies to fight because I have nothing better to do. I wish PDP was just a normal streamer. The reality is though, living the life of a minority (in my case black & queer) means being exposed to the worst of humanity. I can't just idly ignore how fundamentally fucked a lot of what white men like PDP and David Jaffe and Molenyeax spit out and I can't just attribute their rhetoric to ignorance because I've grown up in a world where I can recognize the difference between genuine ignorance and active malice. And I can't just forgive and forget because that malice is what leads me to fearing for my life, to doubt in my society and to take on an intense burden of stress because I have to confront how much influence seemingly unassuming people like the above men wield and how that influenced is used to breed the very elements of society that make it worse for people like me specifically.

Holy shit at a glance when you folks talk about Molyneux I thought it was Peter Molyneux.
I continually mix them up

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK
In all fairness Molyneux has shifted from "Rational people know he's clearly a white supremacist dogwhisting who'll turn full fash but claim to be free speech/empiricist" to "Full fash" in the last month.

Which is kinda sad, because we're at a point where we as a society should know that the moment anybody starts talking about race and IQ they're identifying themselves as a white supremacist.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People are talking about banning him from YouTube. That's probably the single worst thing you could do right now. Like, people know the story about the pied piper, right?

"Hey, kids! Those awful adults banned me from YouTube, but don't worry, all you have to do is folllow me over to this new site!"
I hope you don't mind if I quote myself, but I am really sick of having to type variants of this shit every time this kind of take is posted.
The problem with the idea that Reddit should keep these communities around to prevent something worse happening is that it's depending on the idea of Reddit as thousands of small platforms instead of one large one with a lot of smaller groups. You can see the results of this attitude when you go on YouTube and you see a significant amount of MRAs and alt-righters in your recommendations despite you never wanting to hear a word they say. Why is that? It's because they're being permitted to stay on a platform that pushes their content. If alt-righters were banned from YouTube on a regular and consistent basis, it's absolutely correct that they would probably just make a video site of their own, but then people would have to seek out that website, or seek out that app for their tablets and phones, and suddenly we're not running into the problem where your six-year-old comes downstairs crying about how feminism is cancer because YouTube's algorithms decided that the perfect companion to his Minecraft videos would be Milo Yiannopoulos and Sargon of Akkad.

While they have good intentions, the people who come into discussions like this saying "well [website] is good because of this subcommunity, I just avoid that subcommunity" are feeding the problem. The more popular Reddit grows for its non-hateful communities, the more attractive a platform it is for its hateful ones. Not only does it normalize these hateful communities, it also gives them easy access to other areas of the site, and suddenly you have incidents like, anecdotally, an influx of Steven Crowder fans who were able to successfully recruit members of r/Radiohead despite them being the most lefty left leftist band this side of Pussy Riot.

It's easy for people to write off and forget about hateful communities when they're confined and are specifically dedicated to hatred - Stromfront and other white supremacist websites existed long before the alt-right did, but nobody gave a shit about them because they knew only awful people went to those websites. If you sign up for Stormfront, you are automatically an awful person. If you sign up for Reddit, you aren't, and it's specifically that ambiguity that hate groups look to exploit.

Tethered Penguin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like pewdiepie will be back in the headlines again!! Only going to increase that T-Series gap!!

Almost like the guy who has the largest sub base on the most lucrative platform knows what he is doing....
You know, this entire Pewdiepie vs. T-Series bullshit is fucking hilarious, but deeply saddening all the same.

Imagine if his entire audience instead of supporting Pewdiepie, supported the fight against Climate Change. Imagine if every youtuber who is rooting for Pewdiepie instead utilized their platforms to denounce bigotry.

Just.
Imagine.

The hilarious part is the lengths some in his audience will take to make people subscribe to him and the eventual response that will accompany his "loss", a 5 minute video thank you video.

I fucking hate the internet.

Last edited:

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
WWII. Or as the textbooks of the future will call it if they are being written by kids raised on Youtube: "Hitler's Oopsie"

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's always a treat when disingenuous people like Buckley get caught out with their pants down like this. They love projecting the idea that progressives just bandy about terms like bigot and alt-right for people who we "dislike". They never think that we use those terms for people who display those bigoted, white supremacist behaviors and ideals and have the receipts to prove it.

I don't know about Buckley but I'm not interested in just randomly creating enemies to fight because I have nothing better to do. I wish PDP was just a normal streamer. The reality is though, living the life of a minority (in my case black & queer) means being exposed to the worst of humanity. I can't just idly ignore how fundamentally fucked a lot of what white men like PDP and David Jaffe and Jontron and Molenyeax spit out and I can't just attribute their rhetoric to ignorance because I've grown up in a world where I can recognize the difference between genuine ignorance and active malice. And I can't just forgive and forget because that malice is what leads me to fearing for my life, to doubt in my society and to take on an intense burden of stress because I have to confront how much influence seemingly unassuming people like the above men wield and how that influenced is used to breed the very elements of society that make it worse for people like me specifically.

I continually mix them up

Minor nitpick, but I'm not sure that JonTron would generally be considered "white", or at least not totally. Jonathan Aryan Jafari is half Hungarian-Croatian and half Persian. He's a white supremacist, definitely, but it also means that it means that he points himself on people like his own father.

I bring it up in this thread because the identity of a person isn't a valid defense - a person who spouts white supremacy or works towards its interests is a white supremacist. It doesn't matter if Sweden wasn't a big slave state, it doesn't matter if they have a Jewish friend, it doesn't matter the colour of their skin.

joshcryer

Nov 27, 2018
Lol, I forgot that PDP likes Molyneux. That combined with him calling Sonicfox "not that bright" is more telling than any slur that could slip out for me.

I'm still not sure why he called Sonicfox "clearly not the brightest." Was it the not reading the teleprompter thing, was it the wearing his heart on his sleeve and admitting who he was, was it the Republican statement? SonicFox is one of the winningists fighter game players of all time and also the wealthiest (which is saying something given how small the fighting game pool is for winnings). It just seems completely out of place for him to say that there. First time I ever sat through a full PDP video, so what do I know.

Hackworth

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sure why he called Sonicfox "clearly not the brightest."
It's because Sonicfox is black, and both PDP and Molyneux believe black people are less intelligent than white people.

Because PDP and Molyneux are open racists who make at least some of their money by being racists.

EDIT: Non-white white supremacists confuse the shit out of me. They're like queer anti-queer-rights activists, like what the fuck.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
I hope you don't mind if I quote myself, but I am really sick of having to type variants of this shit every time this kind of take is posted.
I won't argue against purging YouTube of shite, but there's a big difference between banning those channels and banning one of the biggest names on the network. They wouldn't have the power to drag viewers away with them. PDP, arguably, does.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Minor nitpick, but I'm not sure that JonTron would generally be considered "white", or at least not totally. Jonathan Aryan Jafari is half Hungarian-Croatian and half Persian. He's a white supremacist, definitely, but it also means that it means that he points himself on people like his own father.

I bring it up in this thread because the identity of a person isn't a valid defense - a person who spouts white supremacy or works towards its interests is a white supremacist. It doesn't matter if Sweden wasn't a big slave state, it doesn't matter if they have a Jewish friend, it doesn't matter the colour of their skin.
Totally right. It's been so long that I forgot about his heritage.

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
I find it funny that he calls SonicFox "not the brightest". When SonicFox I bet any amount of money has a higher IQ used the money he has won over the years to pay for his college degree in Computer Science at the New York Institute of Tech.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He specifically called out The Verge in his response video. I wonder if they'll have a response to that.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Stefan Molyneux is completely unabashedly alt-right.

The evidence is right here in front of you. Anyone who says otherwise should be banned for lying.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Is it true that The Verge actually got that wrong? It's strange that for a tech publication they could do something that simple wrong.
If it was the number of subscribers they got wrong, I believe they corrected that at least a day ago (since they added an extra 0 at the end). Definitely before his video went up, at least.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Watch the vid in the op. He knew exactly what he was recommending.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
People are talking about banning him from YouTube. That's probably the single worst thing you could do right now. Like, people know the story about the pied piper, right?

"Hey, kids! Those awful adults banned me from YouTube, but don't worry, all you have to do is folllow me over to this new site!"

Also, yes. Thanks XD

I presume people are just a little on edge. It's that kind of topic.

What new site can kids follow him to? There's no other site that's big enough for him to get 75 million subs again. Kids won't even know why he got banned and just think he disappeared or stopped making videos. Like how cartoons end after a while.

Like I said earlier in the thread, when you have 75 subs, you have the responsibility to vet your content or hire people to vet them. It's not like he can't afford it.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Sure would be nice if game developers and publishers came out and publically denounced him.

Or media figures like Geoff Keighley and whoever else has social clout these days.

But I guess they're just going to remain silent and hope that this latent fascism in gaming culture will die out by itself? (it won't)
Geoff Keighley? The guy who's buddies with Boogie2988, the alt right sympathiser? Nah lol

But yeah it's be nice of gaming journalists, developers, and publishers piped up about this.

Have any videogame outlets covered this or they're being chickens?

Deleted member 47092

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
He keeps showing you who he is.

On his best day - he's a fucking stupid, lazy dickhead who does the bare minimum, including race-baiting for money.

At worst - he's a racist (he doesn't seem to know how much of a racist he really is).

He lives in Brighton of all places as well. BAFFLING.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Geoff Keighley? The guy who's buddies with Boogie2988, the alt right sympathiser? Nah lol

But yeah it's be nice of gaming journalists, developers, and publishers piped up about this.

Have any videogame outlets covered this or they're being chickens?

Most video game outlets who would go in on stuff like this are literally like 5 people and a pet ferret in a van and are spread too thin by everything else happening in the gaming space. IGN and Gamespot, the companies with a lot of staff, aren't in the market to report on that kind of stuff.