• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Returns to ERA the next day... Oh.... So, PDP straight up has to be filmed killing a Jew before some of you might even consider him to be a Nazi. Even then I bet some of you would try to find a way to not make him out to be a Nazi. It was like 99% that he was a Nazi prior to this. This event just makes it a 100% certainty.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
There's a ton of losers who joined when the website was created and only decide to post from their accounts when it's a political topic, usually to provide a contrarian view, complain about sjws, feminism, era in general, etc.

You know, the era upgrade really made this easier to identify. As they usually don't even bother adding a profile pic.

Oct 27, 2017
Why am i not surprised gaming side is being total trash and defending this fuccboi.

Y'all ready to jump on Sonicfox but ya boi Pew die pie literally recommends a Nazi and suddenly "dur hur hold on it was for the memes please give him a 30th chance"

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment but damn is Penny Arcade just not funny at all.

Agreed, PA has become kind of the Garfield of webcomics. It's more about getting gaming news in drawn form than anything else now.

Edit: Actually, that's not fair. I started browsing their latest stuff and I got a few genuine chuckles. I guess consistency is the bigger issue.

Last edited:

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Why am i not surprised gaming side is being total trash and defending this fuccboi.

Y'all ready to jump on Sonicfox but ya boi Pew die pie literally recommends a Nazi and suddenly "dur hur hold on it was for the memes please give him a 30th chance"
Most people have been clearly against PDP though? Only a few users and the usual burner accounts are defending this.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Most people have been clearly against PDP though? Only a few users and the usual burner accounts are defending this.
The two sides of Era looking down on one another and sniping like this is the weirdest shit.

So is this the time PDP will finally face real consequences? There has to be some sort of line he's crossed by now.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Not surprised. The guys has always been asshole, douchebag.
It's the Trump Effect. A lot of closet racists have come out since Trump took office. At least PDP is rich. Trump is really fighting for the rich, not really for the racists. He needs a propaganda platform, and white nationalism is his. But then ultimate driver is green power.

Nov 2, 2017
Den Haag, Netherlands
Does PDP still live in the UK, if so, report him for hate crimes, our police always arrest for that now.
Unfortunately it's not a hate crime or an offence under the Communications Act. It has to be pretty black-and-white. I'm not sure where the CPS stands on dog-whistling, either.

Update: Keemstar is as tone-deaf and idiotic as always -
keemcuntrndgy.png

Imagine in ANY other profession in the world where you could get away with exonerating Hitler. REGARDLESS of how ever many years ago it was. These fuckers need all ad rev stripped from them permanently.

Nov 2, 2017
To be fair it is possible. A couple of high profile youtubers took massive hits.

The react guys were taking hits to their numbers for their attempt at trademarking react.

Another woman who is one of those fashion ambassadors took hits for racism.

I think you've misunderstood that post. "You can't possibly lose subscribers" not in the sense of it being impossible, but the mindset that losing subscribers is so bad that a streamer will justify anything to avoid taking that hit.

I could be wrong, but that's my read.

Deleted member 9306

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Getting tired of hearing about this guy. Can he just fall off the face of the planet already?

And I also don't understand AT ALL how he got popular. Not trying to attack his former fans or anything, but all he used to do was scream and act extra for no fucking reason while playing video games badly. I'm actually shook that he's been able to indoctrinate so many kids into watching him in the first place, and now he'll just help turn the next generation of boys into full fledged Nazis. And instead of doing anything about it, Youtube continues to dick ride just because he has a high suscriber count and other Youtubers continue to dick ride because they have no morals and he has a high suscriber count.

Ugh.

giphy.gif

Rurmelly

Jan 31, 2018
User Warned: Inflammatory Drive-By
Pretty sure no one here even has a clue about PDP's content and happily jumps at any opportunity to rag on him. Have any of you even watched the video being discussed?

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure no one here even has a clue about PDP's content and happily jumps at any opportunity to rag on him. Have any of you even watched the video being discussed?

What part of "maybe some of his videos entertain some people" sounds relevant to the problem of "he has shown a pattern of using his platform to normalize dangerous garbage?" You are ignoring what people are actually mad about.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
here is Pew response

Brushed through it, but he basically laughs it off and does that thing where he acts like the criticism is overblown and people are taking it too seriously. Later in the video he is bitching about SonicFox's speech calling him "not the brightest" and then he moves into a segment talking about the Battlefield V controversy because of the #Everyone's Battlefield thing and how he things it is dumb they're writing off fan "concerns" as being hateful and how the game isn't performing well so they should listen to those fans more.

emileber

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Guys fr I'm a swede who has known this guy since my childhood I know for a FACT this guy is anything but a fucking nazi...

emileber

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Like I just watched through i big chunk of the death note video that was the reason he recommended the channel and even actively searching for any nazi stuff I'm not finding anything.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Brushed through it, but he basically laughs it off and does that thing where he acts like the criticism is overblown and people are taking it too seriously. Later in the video he is bitching about SonicFox's speech calling him "not the brightest" and then he moves into a segment talking about the Battlefield V controversy because of the #Everyone's Battlefield thing and how he things it is dumb they're writing off fan "concerns" as being hateful and how the game isn't performing well so they should listen to those fans more.

There's also the part where he says if he'd known there were Nazi references in the channel he recommended he wouldn't have recommended it, but explicitly says it's not because he has a problem with Nazi references but because he wants to "distance" himself from it.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017

I for one one am shocked he'd come down on that side on those two issues. Shocked.

emileber

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
If you ever watched just a couple of his videos you'd know this guy ain't no fucking nazi. It's ridicioulous reading some if the things people say about him here knowing him as well as I do. I've literally grown up with this guy by my side he's just not a nazi kind of guy

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
If you ever watched just a couple of his videos you'd know this guy ain't no fucking nazi. It's ridicioulous reading some if the things people say about him here knowing him as well as I do. I've literally grown up with this guy by my side he's just not a nazi kind of guy

If he's not he should probably stop associating with people who are.

And using racial slurs.

And using alt-right talking points.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is.
Absolutely.

The first time he fucked up I gave him a second chance.
Then he obliterated that chance when he started retweeting alt-right fuckwads coming in his defense
Then he started claiming that the "mainstream media " was conspiring against him
Then he started making anti-feminist videos
Then he said the n word on stream
Then he started featuring far right fuckwads like Shapiro and Peterson in his videos
And now this. It's pretty obvious what he is and ignorance has long not been valid as a excuse. That Harddrive tweet is pretty relevant

You have to be a pretty dumb piece of shit at this point to not realize it.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
then maybe he should stop presenting himself as an alt-right shithead and associating with them

Reign your friend in dawg

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
You might want to summarise the video for people who don't want to give this Nazi sympathiser views l.

Basically whining that everyone's out to get him and use him for cheap clicks, dismissive and mocking the idea that he did anything wrong, that it's a problem, or that it could lead to radicalizing anyone. He said he distanced himself from Nazi jokes, and he edited out that part from the video. In response to the idea that he has a responsibility to his audience and maybe had someone check out the channels more thoroughly than not at all before he sends his subscribers to a Nazi propagandist, he deflects to The Verge getting a number wrong in their article.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nazi or not, your "boy" is an alt-right douche

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Like I just watched through i big chunk of the death note video that was the reason he recommended the channel and even actively searching for any nazi stuff I'm not finding anything.
E R uses a ridiculously offensive slur for black people in the description of that Death note review saying he had a hard time making the review without calling movie L that word. And people have pointed to several videos that just outright say Jews are the enemies of man and have an entire Hitler speech in them. Plus there's text caps of ER talking about weening your friends into the whole anti Jewish retoric. If you don't see how that's textbook storm front neo nazi crap then you really need some education on hate speech.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land

This nazi wannabe dimwit thinks SonicFox isn't the brightest?

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's also the part where he says if he'd known there were Nazi references in the channel he recommended he wouldn't have recommended it, but explicitly says it's not because he has a problem with Nazi references but because he wants to "distance" himself from it.

making nazi references don't necessarily have to mean you have nazi views, like if I say that guy looks like goebbels does it make me a nazi?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Uh oh, I ended up signal boosting a Nazi channel!

What I meant to do was continue signal boosting Ben Shapiro, Steven Molyneux!, and Janusz Korwin-Mikke!