• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Fuck this idiot and fuck every bullshit "content creator" that advertises that 'Subscribe to Pewdiepie' nonsense.They'll ignore this just like everything else he's said and done. Fake complacent assholes.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Just a prank brah, he was only talking about them gems, not jews.

Honestly fuck him. How is nazism this prominent in 2018?

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Have any of his progressive/liberal YouTube friends said anything? Pretty hard to ignore this.

Does he have those? I don't think you can be outwardly anti-Nazi and knowingly associate your brand with the brand of someone who consistently does this sort of shit. Maybe some of his crew of subscriber whore "friends" are progressive/liberal in their personal lives, but I highly doubt any of them is brave enough to publically rebuke PDP for the shit he's said and done for fear of losing a huge chunk of their income. Hell, I'd fear for my safety if I did so, given how quickly his "friendly competition" for subs turned into a YouTube race war.

I would applaud anyone who took the step to at least disassociate themselves from him though, because the unconditional, selfish promotion of this one man's public persona from satellite channels in the Big Boy YouTuber Club™ is what's giving him lease to create and amplify bigotry to greater and greater audiences. If anyone needs to stand up and check his behavior, its the people lending him their viewership in exchange for his. Which is a distant hope since it means throwing away money for the sake of the public good, but I can only argue that further delaying this issue will only make the fallout when PDP inevitably crosses an even more unconscionable line in the future even worse. Or maybe the line will never be crossed, and these people will find themselves unwilling accessories to an increasingly brazen and erratic far-right ideologue with an increasingly radical audience they helped cultivate.

All I'm saying is that if any of his YouTuber sycophants have any moral scruples, they should demand an apology at the very least and not just ignore this as if they're independent from responsibility when they've spent weeks spending their social capital getting him a bigger audience to compete with a fucking international music label.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Does he have those? I don't think you can be outwardly anti-Nazi and knowingly associate your brand with the brand of someone who consistently does this sort of shit. Maybe some of his crew of subscriber whore "friends" are progressive/liberal in their personal lives, but I highly doubt any of them is brave enough to publically rebuke PDP for the shit he's said and done for fear of losing a huge chunk of their income. Hell, I'd fear for my safety if I did so, given how quickly his "friendly competition" for subs turned into a YouTube race war.

I would applaud anyone who took the step to at least disassociate themselves from him though, because the unconditional, selfish promotion of this one man's public persona from satellite channels in the Big Boy YouTuber Club™ is what's giving him lease to create and amplify bigotry to greater and greater audiences. If anyone needs to stand up and check his behavior, its the people lending him their viewership in exchange for his. Which is a distant hope since it means throwing away money for the sake of the public good, but I can only argue that further delaying this issue will only make the fallout when PDP inevitably crosses an even more unconscionable line in the future even worse. Or maybe the line will never be crossed, and these people will find themselves unwilling accessories to an increasingly brazen and erratic far-right ideologue with an increasingly radical audience they helped cultivate.

All I'm saying is that if any of his YouTuber sycophants have any moral scruples, they should demand an apology at the very least and not just ignore this as if they're independent from responsibility when they've spent weeks spending their social capital getting him a bigger audience to compete with a fucking international music label.
Most of his big YouTube friends are openly liberal.

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
He won't be banned from YT for the same reason Trump will never be banned from Twitter. No matter how big of a sack of shit he is, he's too much of a draw for the platform, draws in too many clicks, eyes, ads and dollars, for them to go through with it. So their bullshit will go unpunished.

Thanks, capitalism.

Blaming Youtube and capitalism completely misses the point. If Pewdiepie is banned from youtube, he'll migrate to another platform or (god-forbid) create his own. Same with Trump. This is like solving a leak by slapping duct tape.

The fact that's harder to confront is that Western cultures (especially the US) have a wink-wink attidude towards racism and bigotry. Pewdiepie didn't come out of a vaccum. His audience didn't either.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blaming Youtube and capitalism completely misses the point. If Pewdiepie is banned from youtube, he'll migrate to another platform or (god-forbid) create his own. Same with Trump. This is like solving a leak by slapping duct tape.

The fact that's harder to confront is that Western cultures (especially the US) have a wink-wink attidude towards racism and bigotry. Pewdiepie didn't come out of a vaccum. His audience didn't either.

Info Wars and Milo have yet to successfully birth a new platform for themselves. They were much more harmful when they were given space on the biggest social media platforms available. Deplatforming is effective.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Info Wars and Milo have yet to successfully birth a new platform for themselves. They were much more harmful when they were given space on the biggest social media platforms available. Deplatforming is effective.

Jones and Milo were also way, WAY smaller than PDP is. Dude has an insane amount of viewers & there's a lot of other big name YTers out there who are friends/supporters/big fans of his, and if he leaves or gets kicked out, you can bet a lot of those people would follow him out.

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017

But they're both still here. And they both have such strong influence, especially Info wars which has access to the US white house. You may not see them on mainstream platforms but they exist for sure.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
But they're both still here. And they both have such strong influence, especially Info wars which has access to the US white house. You may not see them on mainstream platforms but they exist for sure.
Milo is millions in dept and InfoWars is getting a miniscule fraction of the views they were previously getting. Their sphere of influence has diminished significantly.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Let me copy in some of the images I posted in the off-topic thread. PewDiePie's been pretty suspect for a while, whether he's contacting white supremacists or just flippant about the accusations that he's promoting Nazism.

7cqr2wqp6etw.png

screenshot214e7jb0.png

screenshot213e9jyu.png

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Is he doing this unironically? He went full nazi now? I thought past stuff like the "kill al jews" was trying to be a joke (those kind of "jokes" were popular in yt in 2012).

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Ahh come on, "it's just a joke". He will put up an "apology" in a day or two saying "he will do better" and continue get huge amounts of money from Twitch.
What a fucking garbage person, since the last few incidents he should have been erased from twitch and youtube.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is he doing this unironically? He went full nazi now? I thought past stuff like the "kill al jews" was trying to be a joke (those kind of "jokes" were popular in yt in 2012).
The irony has always been a fig leaf to give assholes plausible deniability for liking to hear that kind of crap. Same thing as with that piece of shit who trained his dog. These dudes have always been gateways to the far right.

Edit: see the guy right below for what that far right defense force looks like.

Last edited:

BlacJack

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Defending Antisemitism. History of severe infractions and dismissing bigotry as just a joke.

No, if you watch him it's very ironic. Even in the tweets posted above, he mocks himself religiously because people always call him a Nazi, regardless of the charities or the number of positive messages he puts out. Not sure about who he shouted out or what not, but his content typically delivers a far different message than what this thread would suggest. He seems quite liberal (or one of those dreaded inbetweeners) as are most of the people he is actual friends with.

I can't vouch for the guy but I have watched some of his stuff mostly out of curiosity from all this stuff and he directly references this sort of thing and he is far from what I would call a Nazi or even attempting to be one... He just seems to be pretty bad at joking as he is extremely sarcastic, something people who don't take time to look into his material won't really pick up on.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
No, if you watch him it's very ironic. Even in the tweets posted above, he mocks himself religiously because people always call him a Nazi, regardless of the charities or the number of positive messages he puts out. Not sure about who he shouted out or what not, but his content typically delivers a far different message than what this thread would suggest. He seems quite liberal (or one of those dreaded inbetweeners) as are most of the people he is actual friends with.

I can't vouch for the guy but I have watched some of his stuff mostly out of curiosity from all this stuff and he directly references this sort of thing and he is far from what I would call a Nazi or even attempting to be one... He just seems to be pretty bad at joking as he is extremely sarcastic, something people who don't take time to look into his material won't really pick up on.
I imagined it would be something like that. So it's basically bait and this thread fell for it.

It's still bad to even suggest that kind of channels (or even that kind of humor) when you have very young and impressionable audience. I have a young cousin that was telling holocaust jokes out loud nonstop when he was 11 becauso of those youtubers.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jones and Milo were also way, WAY smaller than PDP is. Dude has an insane amount of viewers & there's a lot of other big name YTers out there who are friends/supporters/big fans of his, and if he leaves or gets kicked out, you can bet a lot of those people would follow him out.

Then let them follow him to the garbage, where he belongs.

I don't really see these as reasons to not deplatform them.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017

Even if he is just "joking" - there should be at least some kind of disclaimer or a serious part in his videos explaining those "jokes" to the younger folks watching him. If he really is just that liberal, he is at best ignorant what his videos could cause - I mean, dude should know how many people are watching him. He has got some responsibility here. Life isn't all sarcasm - especially not when it's about the topics listed in the OP.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Explain the irony of endorsing a dude that views Jews as "the biggest threat to humanity's continued survival".

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Milo is done for. Do you have any sources on IW traffic counts?
Ali I could find is an article from early September. While I remembered wrong that it's a miniscule fraction of traffic, after an initial bump after the visibility brought by his removal, traffic seems to have dropped to about half in a few weeks of what it was prior to the ban. But he has since also been banned from further stuff like Twitter, so I imagine his influence has dropped even further. And PayPal has removed his account so he can't push shitty supplements and merch either.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/technology/alex-jones-infowars-bans-traffic.html

As to how effective this has been, just think. How much do you remember his shit being discussed prior to the ban and now. Like, his Sandy theories were everywhere. Now? His rhetoric isn't getting as wide a circulation thanks to not being recommended to 99% of YouTube users.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
this dude's 'ironic' edgy joke got some pro nazi shitbag 15,000 more subs and unknown amounts more influence/attention, but by all means, its just jokes and irony and memes or whatever

fuck man if i get stabbed and its a joke i still fuckin get stabbed

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria

If you really think a guy who puts out nazi "joke" videos, says "die nigger" on stream and recommends a nazi speech channel - is liberal, then I am not sure what more I should tell you.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Ali I could find is an article from early September. While I remembered wrong that it's a miniscule fraction of traffic, after an initial bump after the visibility brought by his removal, traffic seems to have dropped to about half in a few weeks of what it was prior to the ban. But he has since also been banned from further stuff like Twitter, so I imagine his influence has dropped even further. And PayPal has removed his account so he can't push shitty supplements and merch either.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/technology/alex-jones-infowars-bans-traffic.html

As to how effective this has been, just think. How much do you remember his shit being discussed prior to the ban and now. Like, his Sandy theories were everywhere. Now? His rhetoric isn't getting as wide a circulation thanks to not being recommended to 99% of YouTube users.
In no way was I suggesting that this wasnt effective. Just wanted something a bit more concrete about the traffic IW is getting. Thanks for the link, will read it in a moment.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
this dude's 'ironic' edgy joke got some pro nazi shitbag 15,000 more subs and unknown amounts more influence/attention, but by all means, its just jokes and irony and memes or whatever

fuck man if i get stabbed and its a joke i still fuckin get stabbed
But Jintor, maybe you can learn something form the person stabbing you, while the attacker learns something from you?

Have you thought about that?

I will be here in the middle, which is good place to be!

or something

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
I imagined it would be something like that. So it's basically bait and this thread fell for it.

It's still bad to even suggest that kind of channels (or even that kind of humor) when you have very young and impressionable audience. I have a young cousin that was telling holocaust jokes out loud nonstop when he was 11 becauso of those youtubers.
Yeah, that's it. His humour is so cutting edge and clever, we just aren't capable of processing it.
OR, could it be that he is just smart enough to be aware of how base-line stupid and gullible his acolytes are that they'll bend over backwards, or forwards, to defend him.

It's not like there's any sort of wit to these 'jokes', and nothing about the tone is ironic. You'd need to be some sort of unfathomably dense motherfucker to keep toeing that line.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
So... :"I'm French and nigger is no big deal to me." correct? How was my first post incorrect?

CaptainKashup referred to the incident, in which PDP repeatedly used the n-word, as a mere slip-up.

I'm very much grown, believe me. It's been nearly two years since the nazi debacle that started that backlash against him and more then year since the N-word slip up. He didn't do any stupid stuff since. You do realize that people can change, can try to better themselves and can also succeed at that.

Oct 25, 2017
PDP is antifragile in a way Alex Jones and those other clowns just aren't. At this point he can easily get away with dropping the "sorry I got caught" formality with no reputational damage from the crowd he cares about. Callouts bounce off him and basically just inflate his victim complex. And remember, the parasocial nature of YouTube culture makes any perceived attack on an e-celeb tantamount to an attack on their entire fanbase. So in the end PDP wins, gets a chip on his shoulder and his fans get even shittier and more tribal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YouTube is like a giant honeypot for sociopaths, grifters and reactionaries in society to congregate around. I really don't understand this e-activist impulse to want or think you can police the scum on it. Google is 100% an enemy in the equation as well. They are not a knight in shining armor.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017

Even if it's meant in jest it's irresponsible, plus, tons of kids like him they aren't going to view it as farce, either way it's giving traffic to shitbag.

Jun 6, 2018
I was just answering to him. That's all. I'm open to being educated on the matter by DMs, so it won't derail the thread.

Well, the way you said it make me look like a huge ass. I just said that I know it's viewed really badly to use this word in american culture, even though I don't really understand what is the problem with words since both of our culture have different views and opinion on the subject. I hope you understand, I'm not trying to diminish what he said and the history of the word. If you want to educate me on this, feel free to do it by DMs.

Well, I haven't seen anyone do that here. No one calls no one "négro", not even black people, in France. So yeah, it's different.

Anyway, I'm sorry for disturbing the conversation !

Don't take it to heart to much some people really love making others look scumfuck on resetera even if they show the willingness to learn.

Flayer

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing concerned surrounding bigotry and prejudice; inflammatory drive-by posting
oa16ix.jpg

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no defence for this and he should be removed from all social media. He is a cancer of Youtube

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain how gems = jews? Like are gems something in the steven universe show that are like villains or is it just some completely random word?

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Well, the way you said it make me look like a huge ass. I just said that I know it's viewed really badly to use this word in american culture, even though I don't really understand what is the problem with words since both of our culture have different views and opinion on the subject. I hope you understand, I'm not trying to diminish what he said and the history of the word. If you want to educate me on this, feel free to do it by DMs.

This is not exclusive to American culture.