• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheLastOne

Oct 25, 2017
It fills me with fear that this guy is a role model for children now.

ADL was the perfect charity choice considering his history and especially because they denounced his prior racist actions.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What even is this thread? He says he's still going to donate the money, but he's going to make sure it's to a good charity this time and not one with loads of issues like ADL.

Do people not read the articles before posting their hot takes? I get PDP isn't liked and should have done better research, but damn.

Some just want to hate him no matter what he does.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I love the notion that this screaming man child is wearing this super obscure cross from a Georgian church which just so happens to look like an iron cross.. when he's so dumb that he doesn't even research a charity he is donating a big chunk of money too. and he knows the damn base he is playing to, he knows they will see that cross and think it is nazi symbolism. He wore it on purpose.
Yeah...I'm a stupid person. But I'm not stupid enough to not recognize bullshit when I see it with my eyes.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
whether or not it's an actual iron cross is irrelevant. you have to be dumb as fuck to wear that while giving that message
Plausible deniability.
It's the White Power sign of the apology video.
He can't do that because even the stupidest of his followers wouldn't be able to deny it at this point.
It's not a dumb move on his part, it's done on purpose.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
The fact that a lot of you don't realize that plausible deniability is an important part of the Neo Nazis/white supremacist playbook is fascinating.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And some just want to defend him no matter what he does. Seriously, after all the bullshit he's pulled, how can you come to the conclusion that yeah, he's a good boy victim of an incredible series of misunderstandings, and carry water for him like that?

The fact that a lot of you don't realize that plausible deniability is an important part of the Neo Nazis/white supremacist playbook is fascinating.
It's not that they don't realize it, they just don't care to, because it's much more comfortable to them.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Welp so much for all the people who were shitting up the other thread with posts like, "but he did something! So that means PDP is redeemed now!"

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
It fills me with fear that this guy is a role model for children now.

ADL was the perfect charity choice considering his history and especially because they denounced his prior racist actions.
ADL is a highly controversial charity. And them linking BDS to a hate movement is enough to discard them

For such a statement alone I'm glad they're not getting more funding to spread their own hate

Beyond that I believe this person is poorly communicating whatever it is he's trying to convey and failing miserably

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Here is leading Austrian Neo-Nazi Martin Sellner celebrating PewDiePie:

EES9ocwX4AIvYdz

You know. This one:

Martin Sellner, leader of the Identitarian movement in Austria, has reportedly admitted more extensive email contact with Christchurch shooter Brenton Tarrant.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
No no, it couldn't possibly be that.

I mean yes you have a tonne of us giving fully detailed reasoning and context for all of the racist and racist enabling things Felix has done, how he has never properly apologised and in fact blamed the media for all of the Fallout of his actions.

But none of this could possibly be a racist placating his racist audience with blatant visual messaging to reassure them that he is still on their side.

People like us will just never be happy, constantly wanting to complain about nothing 😉

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UGH guys don't you get it.

This has nothing to do with nazis, this is clearly in reference to the deaths head hussars of 18th century Prussia.
LNpo45C.jpg

I'm sure they were only interested in showcasing their love of Fredrick the Great and Prussian light cavalry.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User banned (3 days): hostility
And some people just like Nazis.

This guy and the fanbase he has attracted isn't hard to figure out.

Did you seriously call me someone who likes nazis? Fuck you dude.
My family got affected by these cunts back then so shut your mouth. Thank you.

Edit: maybe I just misread it cause I'm not a native speaker and are a bit drunk and in this case I'm sorry for the harsh words

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017

If you like the dude who keeps saying Racist shit, who keeps supporting racists, linking to racists, is getting lauded and applauded by Racists and explicitly apologizing for supporting an organisation Racists were unhappy with then...yeah, sorry dude, maybe you like a Racist. Not really the fault of the dude you're responding to.

"The dude keeps catering to racists, i think he might be a supporter of racists?"
"But I like him!"
"Then maybe you like a Nazi Supporter?"
"How dare you, i hate Nazis!"

Come on, dude.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I learned from resetera that if you done anything bad in your life it's impossible to redeem yourself.

Yeah, I get holding people responsible for their shit, and I get that some wrongs can't and shouldn't be cleared away, but people on this site are literally incapable of entertaining the notion of someone having grown as a person, changed their views, or just having become a better human being.

Of course people will still complain.....

It's money for a good cause. How much have you donated this year? Doesn't matter if he's a dick or how much of his networth that is

Don't bother Felix, you said a bad word that one time and resetera will never forget. We sure forget about other bad stuff very quickly though, I wonder why.

This is a good thing, not matter how you look at it.

There are absolutely zero shades of grey on Era, and it is easily one of the worst things about this forum that I otherwise love.

Seriously. I don't watch this channel and don't see a reason why I ever would, but what I see here is a young man trying to learn and grow as humans do in a strange new environment that still does not have any clear definition on what it is or what it should be. Youtube and social media didn't even exist when I was 29.

The guy does something great and of course he still gets dumped on here by most people. The comments about it not being enough money are especially petty and lame. A lot of the members here are just ridiculous.

Don't worry. It's because they can't trust anyone, and won't admit it.

It's weird that so many posters here seemingly would prefer that PDP continues to be a racist and whatnot, because it would mean they don't have to acknowledge that people can change for the better.

I'm not saying PDP will change or that this donation shows that he has, but there's a very weird vibe coming from a lot of the posters in this thread. It goes beyond an unwillingness to forgive.

Doubt his sincerity if you want, I don't think anyone would begrudge you for that, but the refusal to acknowledge this donation as anything but a positive thing is just being spiteful for the sake of it.

It's a dumb fucking point to begin with.

Even if he gave 10$ it would still help, how much did you gave btw?
0,0% of your estimated net worth?

People here really find something to complain about in everything.

"Good first step, I hope he keeps it up." /= "All is forgiven."

This site sometimes.

I agree with you, that's what I am saying, you can't forgive a person no matter what, for his wrong doing, that's what I have learned here, all those movie, books, animation movies for kids, that teach forgiveness are all lies.

Welp, the responses to his post on twitter, the replies to his video, the comments on Era all confirm my suspicions.

You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

hqdefault.jpg

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
If anything he did was genuine rather than a ploy to minimize/dodge criticism while continuing to court the dregs of modern society we wouldn't hate him. Here's the thing, it wouldn't actually matter whether he donated to the right or wrong organization. The deeper issue is that he's only using this donation to avoid actively and openly pushing back against the contingent of deplorable and bigoted fanboys who worship and support him. You know what disenfranchised groups need more than money? They need advocates. People who are unapologetic in deriding the alt-right and white supremacy, people who definitively support the marginalized through words as well as actions, and people who listen to those same marginalized people and go through the effort to grow and show empathy. PDP can keep his money or fucking burn it. The bottom line is that money without intent isn't actually advancement or redemption.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a big fan of the ADL, given some of the things they've said and how they've acted, but jeeze man, pulling that donation is like adding gasoline to the fire. Do a bit of research and pick a charity you're comfortable with the first time, or soldier through the situation by ignoring your nazi/racist supporters and just donate the money.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
This headline is written in such a way to imply that he caved to the racist shit fans.
My interpretation is that he caved to fans informing him about the dark side of the charity.

That's very different.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

Edit: maybe I just misread it cause I'm not a native speaker and are a bit drunk and in this case I'm sorry for the harsh words

How could I possibly know what your beliefs are? And if you are this sensitive to these questions how can you possibly be a fan of this piece of shit lol

But if you like Pewdiepie you definitely like a nazi, that is beyond any doubt, weather you like it or not and no matter how much you personally insult me.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Yeah, and the iron cross was totally a coincidence.

You know he doesn't care about you or even know you exist, right? So why continue to defend him?

I'm not defending him. I'm saying the ADL is shit and anyone opting to choose to donate to a better organization is making a right move. Pewdiepies other controversial bullshit still exists and people have the right to hate him for that. Fuck him and fuck the ADL.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
What the article doesn't really explain is what PDP thought was bad about the charity. Why did he pull his fucking pledge.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Sounds to me like the problems with the ADL is actually a smokescreen excuse because he realised his nazi friend like Carlgon would be upset over it.

Nov 13, 2017
Say what you want about the Ion Fury devs and 3D Realm, but at least they committed to their donation.

PewDiePie is a fucking coward.

(Not justifying what the Ion Fury devs did, but rather it's really sad that there are some scumfuck who are better).

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ah, so that's why you're defending a nazi.
He is childish and doesn't think of consequences most of the time.
Not every stupid person is a nazi though. As a German I am really careful with that specific word.
I've met some of those unfortunately, in England and Germany, and trust me, it's not a word that should be used lightly.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not every stupid person is a nazi though. As a German I am really careful with that specific word.
I've met some of those unfortunately, in England and Germany, and trust me, it's not a word that should be used lightly.
Yeah we should use it for people who support Nazi idealogy and also dress up like Nazis.

Ya know, like fuckboi here.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
How do you call svatzica wearing, jewish hating 3rd Reich loving white people that push for white supremacy?
Because that's the people PDP has been shilling for a while now.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This headline is written in such a way to imply that he caved to the racist shit fans.
My interpretation is that he caved to fans informing him about the dark side of the charity.

That's very different.
What's funny is that it would have been really easy for him to disambiguate these reasons, so that people didn't have to interpret anything, but for some reason, we're at a point where once again people have to explain why this doesn't really cajole the Nazis in his base.

I guess he doesn't know how to speak publicly, that must be why he can never be crystal clear when he needs to be.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
or maybe, just maybe, he does share those awful views.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Say what you want about the Ion Fury devs and 3D Realm, but at least they committed to their donation.

PewDiePie is a fucking coward.

(Not justifying what the Ion Fury devs did, but rather it's really sad that there are some scumfuck who are better).

was it ever confirmed that the donation actually went through? considering what they backpedaled once already...