• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Screen_Shot_2019_09_11_at_1.20.21_AM.0.png

Interesting choice of attire in his vid lol

Its the little things. Gotta let them know he is still on their side.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's insane. If he had gone through with this donation, it would have been a redeeming act and probably cause the alt-right to stop using him to their gain. But no he doubles down on being a scumbag? How fucking tone-deaf can someone be?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I just wait before I throw my stone. If he's going to donate to a far better organisation why the hell should I criticize him for THAT.

oh so you'll criticize him for leaving his fan's antisemitism unchecked then? cool. or do you think that none of that falls on him and he can just pull a pontius pilate

Handa

Nov 14, 2018
As one of the top content creators in the world, pulling out a pledged charitable donation takes some balls.

You are a millionaire, jeez invest in some goddamn P.R crisis management for godssake

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
YUP.
That's the thing about this whole fucking situation. When you've got a platform like he does, with the millions it generates like he does, you can't just say 'My bad'. He's not a 19 year old that accidentally won the lottery, dudes been at this level of celebrity/financial status for years and like you said is about to be thirty years old in a month!

That's the most infuriating thing about this whole situation. If he isn't as big an asshat as everyone claims he is, the excuse is actually worse. You're someone who's got the ears of millions of kids and you approach it like a stoner making shit up on the fly, and after all these mistakes including getting linked to a mass murder you STILL think that's the right way to go about things.

A dude doesn't make a deal with a multibillion dollar entity like Disney without a team in place, at this point in time him being alt-right or just being THAT clueless is equally scary.
This...it's astonishing TBH lol

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Let me know when pewds speaks out against his fanbase instead of doing what they asked. The non stop spam from his fanbase and then the sudden cancellation. I wonder where he got the idea to cancel, from the actual ideoligical differences regarding their treatment of Israel or this shit:

cxhvpxzadyl31.png

ijs8p0se92m31.jpg

2z3c615el4m31.jpg

e26xivhw60m31.jpg

8rvebj48o5m31.jpg

czi3gdheexl31.png

rt18jv86h6m31.jpg
Pewdiepie's fanbase everyone

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my god how is he literally this goddamn stupid.
This is great, the ADL doesn't get any money and his stupid stunt to try to clear his name completely backfires on him.
A win for everyone.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I'm no Stan for the ADL, but I seriously doubt Pewds is doing this based on a left critique. Seems par for the course for him.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Well I hope he picks another one. There was some talk here yesterday about the ADL being kind of nasty. If he just decide to not pledge the 50k to anything at all, that would be insane.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, people on this very forum are the kind of people that were saying he picked the wrong charity. Why are we suddenly mad at him for choosing a different one?

The ADL donation got backlash because of their anti-Muslim trends/stances. I'm pretty sure that's why he changed his mind. Also, the OP failed to mention that he's still going to donate, just to a different organization.
Not gonna defend the dude, but this is almost exactly what I was gonna post. Literally the last time I checked the donation thread, Era was complaining about ADL and saying he clearly didn't do his research.

This is good news. He didn't pull out because of people saying he shouldn't cave. He pulled out because ADL is shitty.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
User Banned (permanent): trolling and dismissing bigotry; prior severe ban for dismissing concerns surrounding representation and numerous bans for inflammatory behavior
Come on now.

He is entirely failing to take responsibility for the things he has done. "It's all the MSM's fault!"
He never said that at all. Do you want to have an actual discussion or instead keep perpetuating strawmen since they're easier to knock down than the actual reality of the situation.
PDP are on multiple occasions unequivocally apologised for his mistakes and taken full and sole responsibility. Are you just going to ignore that because it doesn't fit your narrative of him "failing to take responsibility"?
What PDP is talking in his latest statement in regards to the MSM is 100% fact and a massive issue with the MSM. PDP has thousands upon thousands of hours of completely and utterly banal content. When the MSM covered him they instead focused on what? 10-20 minutes collectively of content? To be on the safe side lets say it's collective 1 hour. How much as a percentage of his work does that represent? far less than 1%.
They ran with this 1% and shouted about it for the roofs tops and disseminated to countless people as if it was the majority of the content he put out. Yes PDP's actions are his own, no question about that. And if he hadn't done shitty things then the media wouldn't have had shitty things to report on. But he's fully correct in saying the media played a part in perpetuating the negative image he has.
I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. PDP said something/did something shitty and faced repercussions as a result. That's a fact.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
While he has 50k available to a charity, maybe he could pull some of his millions of dollars to get a good PR agency for christ sake. This is just gonna keep happening.

They ran with this 1% and shouted about it for the roofs tops and disseminated to countless people as if it was the majority of the content he put out. Yes PDP's actions are his own, no question about that. And if he hadn't done shitty things then the media wouldn't have had shitty things to report on. But he's fully correct in saying the media played a part in perpetuating the negative image he has.
I get your sentiment, but what most people rightfully so point out here is that PDP has 100 million subscribers on his channel, he's a role model for literally millions of impressionable children. At his age, and after all the crap he has gone tru, he should know way better at this point in his life how to conduct himself, when to speak against and what kind of message you want to give to your audience. PDP has done zero introspective in that regard and I don't blame the media about worrying how the literal most powerful content creator on the most visited website on the planet acts or reacts.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna defend the dude, but this is almost exactly what I was gonna post. Literally the last time I checked the donation thread, Era was complaining about ADL and saying he clearly didn't do his research.

This is good news. He didn't pull out because of people saying he shouldn't cave. He pulled out because ADL is shitty.

where does he say that? and where does he say what makes them shitty?

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
He has had so many chances to redeem himself. Are you fucking kidding?
He donated $50,000 to a charity and the almost every single post in the thread about it was saying it meant nothing. So no, to some people he can never redeem himself. An appropriate response if you are truly going to give someone a chance to redeem themselves would be something like "it's a good start, he's still not completely made up for his mistake and he needs to do more things like this". Instead of response like "fuck him", "this is all an act" etc..

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
PDP are on multiple occasions unequivocally apologised for his mistakes and taken full and sole responsibility. Are you just going to ignore that because it doesn't fit your narrative of him "failing to take responsibility"?
Except he still hasn't changed despite "taking responsibility" for his numerous fuck ups.

It's not that he hasn't apologised, it's that he keeps apologising but does nothing to stop his stupid actions or do anything about his fanbase.

What responsibility has he taken?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
He donated $50,000 to a charity and the almost every single post in the thread about it was saying it meant nothing. So no, to some people he can never redeem himself. An appropriate response if you are truly going to give someone a chance to redeem themselves would be something like "it's a good start, he's still not completely made up for his mistake and he needs to do more things like this". Instead of response like "fuck him", "this is all an act" etc..

all i want is for him to say "i withdrew the donation to the ADL because of x, y and z." and "stop making antisemitic remarks and conspiracies"

is that so hard?

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Because he didn't pick a new one at all.

Get off this forum when reading replies and you would realize how naive this was.
He outright said he was in the process of choosing one. Wouldn't it be just as bad if he had instantly chosen a different one without doing any research? That would defeat the entire point.

Also, if his reason was "because they support fighting Anti-semitism", it wouldn't make any sense for him to have chosen them in the first place. He said he that he didn't know "a lot of the things that surfaced" about the organization. This implies that the only thing he knew was that they were opposed to anti-semitism. There is literally nothing that he could have been talking about besides their anti-Muslim stance. If his racist fans came out and got mad at him, that's still not anything to do with "things that had surfaced" about the organization, which was his reasoning. I don't know how that could be any clearer.

The mental gymnastics some of you guys are doing is bonkers.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Let me know when pewds speaks out against his fanbase instead of doing what they asked. The non stop spam from his fanbase and then the sudden cancellation. I wonder where he got the idea to cancel, from the actual ideoligical differences regarding their treatment of Israel or this shit:

cxhvpxzadyl31.png

ijs8p0se92m31.jpg

2z3c615el4m31.jpg

e26xivhw60m31.jpg

8rvebj48o5m31.jpg

czi3gdheexl31.png

rt18jv86h6m31.jpg

I'm waiting to see where he donates, this isn't a good look if he responded based on toxic fans. He's being too ambiguous in general and I can understand why many wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oct 25, 2017

I doubt that

cxhvpxzadyl31.png

ijs8p0se92m31.jpg

2z3c615el4m31.jpg

e26xivhw60m31.jpg

8rvebj48o5m31.jpg

czi3gdheexl31.png

rt18jv86h6m31.jpg
Also why didn't he do any research into the adl? he had all the time in the world

Edit: not aimed at you onion, just using your post to make a point

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
He has done so many shitty things. People have given him a chance to redeem himself every time. This is not a first time occurrence it's a habit.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I said this almost verbatim in the last thread and was accused of being anti-semitic for it. So there's no way to publically have an opinion about this that isn't "fuck PewDiePie, no possibility for redemption" on this forum, it seems.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017

This.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
You don't do anything about your fanbase because they'll mobilise against you. Alt right fuckos who got mad at pewds were starting a movement to try and get people to mass unsub from him, whining about how he "betrayed" them. Look at white supremacy boy Jontron, he's never called out his fanbase for praising his supremacy views or stopped them from harrassing people who cut ties from him for his actions, he just let them do their own little thing and they've never spoken ill against Jon. It's all about keeping them happy so they don't make asses of themselves and they don't bring attention to your shitty actions. That's why I'm betting he'll pick a charity that isn't related to the jewish or any other things his fanbase hates to keep them happy.

Buzzman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What PDP is talking in his latest statement in regards to the MSM is 100% fact and a massive issue with the MSM. PDP has thousands upon thousands of hours of completely and utterly banal content. When the MSM covered him they instead focused on what? 10-20 minutes collectively of content? To be on the safe side lets say it's collective 1 hour. How much as a percentage of his work does that represent? far less than 1%.

Wow you're right that is weird how the media focused on the footage where he said horrifically racist things and not anything else.
Next up: murderer argues he isn't a criminal because he only killed people for a very short time of his life.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
This is the funniest defense I've ever heard

MSM is unfair because only 1% of PDP's content is Nazi content.

What's next you gonna say it;s unfair for the MSM to focus on a doctor convicted of murdering his patient because he saved hundreds of others and less than 1% of his patients were intentionally killed by him?

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Is there an equivalent to "bootlicker" for describing people who consciously choose to go bat out for racist youtubers? If not, it needs to be coined.

Cokie Bear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Era yesterday; Wow, PDP giving money to this organisation that hates on certain minority groups. What a dick.

Era today: Wow, PDP withdrew his donation from an organisation that hates on certain minority groups then promises to give it to another charity after doing more research. What a dick.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's had countless times to redeem himself and he hasn't done it, so he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt or a defense.

Era yesterday; Wow, PDP giving money to this organisation that hates on certain minority groups. What a dick.

Era today: Wow, PDP withdrew his donation from an organisation that hates on certain minority groups then promises to give it to another charity after doing more research. What a dick.
Gravy Boat Yesterday: I'm going to blindly defend PDP.
Gravy Boat Today: I'm still blindly defending PDP.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's amazing how many people support a racist problematic youtuber on this forum. No shame even.