• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So in the end it's all about him, as usual. He's just someone who I think doesn't warrant attention at this point. Every time he gets criticised he reacts in the most self-absorbed and petulant ways- the SoM backlash, the N word incident, the Wall Street Journal and now this. He's pathetic.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

His donation announcement was literally the mainstream media slandered me and that's why I got quoted by a psychopath. So I'm donating money to ADL even though they unfairly criticized me because of the mainstream media. So I can move on.

Where on earth did you get he's trying to change from that

Pewdiepie fans trying to gaslight people 2 days after that post lol

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
But if he's trying to change, then I'll at least give him the benefit of the doubt until he does something to break that benefit.
That's not how this works. A dude loses that benefit the second he decides rape jokes and 'kill all jews' is hilarious, and doubly so after going full hard-r on stream for getting killed in a video game, and failing to really apologize for any of those incidents.

He gains it back when he changes his behavior permanently. He hasn't done that. At all. He has shown the world what kind of person he is over and over and over again and his fanbase doesn't care, which shows you what kind of people they are. When that fanbase convinces him to pull a donation to the ADL, therefore, it's almost certainly about their anger at the existence of Jewish people and not a more nuanced sign of support for Ilhan Omar.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What a worthless prick. Don't believe for a second the money is actually going anywhere.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Lmao at people in this thread who think PDP withdrew that donation due to being made aware of their stances on Israel-Palestine, and not because the right-wingers in his fanbase went nuclear and started sharing white supremacist/neo-Nazi conspiracies and threatening to unsub.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
He can't use Wikipedia before announcing his donation? It's not like the ADL's controversies required a Congressional inquisition. 2 minutes on Wikipedia would have told him "hmm, maybe this isn't such a good place to donate as my atonement."
He definitely should know where his money goes. He seemingly trusted wrong people, as this was something that was suggested to him. I don't know by who. It's also possible he did his research on ADL website (I would personally go directly to charity website to know what their missions are), which don't include those controversies.

Last edited:

Volphied

Nov 17, 2017
This could apply to any criticism towards ADL

Maybe he made his reasoning purposefully vague in a futile attempt to appease both the nazis and the pro-palestine folks.

lol

Until I hear any explanation from him, I'll just assume that 4chan blackmailed him. Hey, baseless conspiracies are hip right now!

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
pulling a pledge? everyone knows you cant pull a pledge, or else whats the point of the pledge

hqdefault.jpg

seriously wtf

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
YouTube should start making sure these stars get a publicist after a certain point holy crap

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
It'a obvious he's doing this to please his fanbase whining about him selling out and spouting conspiracy theories, no chance he did this because of any actual reasoning other than protecting his cred. People need to stop giving him so much leeway considering he's shown his ass multiple times, this isn't a one off thing.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure all of the people who were posting about how be was being blackmailed/threatened into donating to the ADL by the Zionist conspiracy had the best of intentions.
If he donates the money to another charity that fights anti-semitism or racism it wouldn't be in the interest of those nazi fans either.

Oct 25, 2017
I find it both incredibly hilarious and depressing, that he'll easy announce a charity he'll donate to without even doing research about them.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Guys, people on this very forum are the kind of people that were saying he picked the wrong charity. Why are we suddenly mad at him for choosing a different one?

The ADL donation got backlash because of their anti-Muslim trends/stances. I'm pretty sure that's why he changed his mind. Also, the OP failed to mention that he's still going to donate, just to a different organization.

Because he didn't pick a new one at all.

Get off this forum when reading replies and you would realize how naive this was.

He folded to his alt-right user base flipping out for 2 days, this isn't rocket science
Also this.

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If he donates the money to another charity that fights anti-semitism or racism it wouldn't be in the interest of those nazi fans either.

Yesh but now he's donating the money to a charity doing something he's passionate about, call it going on a limb but I don't think he's exactly passionate about fighting racism and antisemitism.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
ERA be like

*PDP donating to ASL*

"Of course he had to choose the Anti Islamic and shitty ASL for his publicity stunt"

*PDP pulls donation to donate to another organisation after better research*

"Fuckin shithead has no spine, of course he listens to his fans"

ahahah exactly this, ppl jumping to conclusion all over the place... I'm lost...

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
if your comment boils down to "you were mad at him donating, now you're mad at him not donating" you should probably go read a book or something. anything to get those brain muscles working.

Rotimi

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
I am going to say I saw this coming. He is just doing this for publicity. He was not going to go against his fan base.

Let's see the new charity

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
lmao this is fuckin' wack, so he donates to a charity as part of taking responsibility for being the influential role model he is, and then immediately has to reverse that decision.

I can't hate on the decision if the ADL is a legitimately shitty organization, but this shit could have been avoided with a ounce of research, that's not the height of responsibility, man. I'm just hoping that money actually makes it's way to a good organization at this point.

And this opinion is excluding the abhorrent response from his 'fanbase.' You wanna speak out against hate? Call out the comments on your damn reddit or your youtube comments, which even by youtube standards are magnificently terrible.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So people called out the ADL as a piece of shit, now PDP pulls it he's a piece of shit? Lol

He's a piece of shit because he blamed his entire problematic past on the media, and when he pulled the pledge to the ADL, he admitted he hadn't bothered to do even the barest amount of research on them. He's clearly just looking for somewhere else to throw his money where people can move on and forget his past behavior while putting in the least possible amount of work.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
So people called out the ADL as a piece of shit, now PDP pulls it he's a piece of shit? Lol
Guy can't win. Like I said in a thread about cancel culture, PDP has been "cancelled" so nothing he can do will ever be acceptable for some people. ADL is a shit choice to donate money to, I liked the initial gesture and I like it even more than he's been reflective about who he gives the money to.

I was going to post in the original PDP thread that him picking the ADL just further proves that he's nowhere near are political savvy or intentional as people make out. People seem to think he's some alt-right mastermind intentionally trying to brainwash people.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
lmao this is fuckin' wack, so he donates to a charity as part of taking responsibility for being the influential role model he is, and then immediately has to reverse that decision.

No see he never was taking responsibility, he was trying to buy his way out of any further criticism. Literally his statement was all about the mainstream media slandering him

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yesh but now he's donating the money to a charity doing something he's passionate about, call it going on a limb but I don't think he's exactly passionate about fighting racism and antisemitism.
Did he say that? If ends up being a charity that doesn't address any bigotry that would indeed be shitty

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If some of y'all really think that PDP is trying to "Change for the better" than I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

contologics

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Era had a comprehension problem. You want to feel validated by your hate for PDP that you would overlook, very clearly that the organization he donated to was, infact, a fucked up one to donate to? Writing your own narrative that he's "listening to his nazi fans" is even lower.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Did he say that? If ends up being a charity that doesn't address any bigotry that would indeed be shitty
It's literally in the OP

"I made the mistake of picking a charity that I was advised to instead of picking a charity that I'm personally passionate about," Kjellberg said in the video. "Which is 100 percent my fault."

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I didn't know Era had a comprehension problem. You want to feel validated by your hate for PDP that you would overlook, very clearly that the organization he donated to was, infact, a fucked up one to donate to? Writing your own narrative that he's "listening to his nazi fans" is even lower.

Nah, he's right. Fuck the ADL. If he doesn't donate the money elsewhere, then he deserves criticism.

Pewdiepie has a shit record that should suffice for anyone to already have an opinion of this racist.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guy can't win. Like I said in a thread about cancel culture, PDP has been "cancelled" so nothing he can do will ever be acceptable for some people. ADL is a shit choice to donate money to, I liked the initial gesture and I like it even more than he's been reflective about who he gives the money to.

I was going to post in the original PDP thread that him picking the ADL just further proves that he's nowhere near are political savvy or intentional as people make out. People seem to think he's some alt-right mastermind intentionally trying to brainwash people.

Maybe he 'could win' if he didn't blame the media for his past behavior, and maybe show that he cared about becoming a better person by putting in the barest amount of care in researching the organization he pledged to donate money to.