• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
He's racist. It kinda is what it is at this point though. Unfortunately he continue to poison young minds. And no one is going to or can do anything about it. Or at least it seems that way.

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You people act like PewDiePie is supposed to know every single person on youtube ( and TikTok) and do a research of about every single person he might want to add to his video.

OP
OP
Kinsei

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You people act like PewDiePie is supposed to know every single person on youtube ( and TikTok) and do a research of about every single person he might want to add to his video.
With the size of hi audience he absolutely does have a responsibility to vet the people he features in his video. If he an;t do it himself then he should hire someone that can.

FaultyFork

Oct 28, 2017
Uhm this is really grasping at straws. There's no promoting, just reacting to a random clip of a guy that I'm pretty sure Pewdiepie and most people have no idea is a white supremacist. It's just getting ridiculous now.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't really matter--that's entirely beside the point in the end and it doesn't change one single thing whether he actually knows who people like this are or not, and is a strange place to get hung up on. He doesn't have to know. Whether he knows or not, whether it's intentional or not, the result is the same. Even if he didn't mean to at all, even if that wasn't his intent at all, the effect is promoting this guy either way. And that's what matters in the end: that result, regardless of whether it's intentional or not.

That being the case, if this is completely unintentional, if he didn't mean to do this at all, the right thing to do would be to nonetheless apologize and call this guy out in no uncertain terms and make it clear he does not support him at all. That doesn't change whether it's intentional or not. And indeed, if he didn't mean to do that at all and this is really just one big accident, that if anything should make it all the easier for him to do that and absolutely no skin of his nose at all.

That is, unless he either does not care whatsoever or this was indeed intentional. Except in those particular cases, I can't see any reason that shouldn't be what he does in these kind of situations to make this right, if this indeed isn't what he stands for at all and this is all an accident, unless he either doesn't care whatsoever or did mean to promote people like this.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

As someone working in advertising i'm expected to research every piece of media i'm using in my pieces and know who did them and if i'm legally allowed to use them or not and how should i be crediting them

Its not really a stretch to expect a youtuber to know who they're putting on their videos

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Whether he knows or not, whether it's intentional or not, the result is the same
The result is the same, nobody gives a shit who this TikTok guy is in the 15th or so episode of "PDP reacting to TikTok memes". People laugh and forget about it while journalists for some reason are promoting these people much, much better than PDP.

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, poor, misunderstood pewdiepie. If only he had the money to pay someone for curating the channels and videos he is covering.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baked Alaska is still alive?

8ziD.gif

Why am I seeing these "subscribe to pewdiepie" shit messages everywhere?
Also, this.

EDIT: here you go. https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/465137-subscribe-to-pewdiepie-vs-t-series

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Highly doubt this incident was intentional considering the video and series itself, but it's no excuse. He's got more than enough money to ensure someone reviews his output for things like this and the fact he doesn't despite issues now and in the past shows at the very least a lack of care. When that lack of care is about your image being associated with white supremacy then I have to question the person themselves.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc. are not places solely for one type of person. They thrives on diversity, people don't boycott in mass because not everyone on Youtube is a fascist, and dismissing the platform because of one fascist person is not making that fascist person go away. You want a fascist to go away or at the very least not be a fascist anymore, you gotta fight for it unfortunately. Youtube is too big of a place and there will never be enough people in agreeance at one time to allow a boycott to be effective and PDP would still have 75 million subscribers, still watching his videos.

So if a boycot aint effective its not worth doing it?
To me it sounds like; i hate PDP because he supports nazi shit and i hate YouTube for giving him a platform. But i still want to use YouTube instead of boycotting it because i dont want to take the loss.
It looses a lot of credibility in my eyes.

Ikaruga

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
If you put out videos on a daily basis mistakes are bound to happen, however maybe it was even intentional, serving as material for videos to come?

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck is wrong with people saying we shouldn't hold peeps accountable for what THEY put on THEIR damn channel?
I mean damn, the dude has vast resources ffs.
He should be criticized if he is using materials from nazis.

Oct 25, 2017
You guys don't get it, Europe doesn't have the same history with Nazis (We haven't had our own Charlottesville) so it's just a cultural misunderstanding that keeps on happening.

Falcon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a 100% sure PDP is a dipshit at this point and there's plenty of solid evidence to support that. This is not of them IMO and blowing up and making threads over things like this just exhausts me at this point, that's my problem though and letting all these small things slide is probably not a good thing either...

Oct 27, 2017
If anything I think this thread is promoting the guy more than PDP did. I didn't even know who the guy was, now I do, thanks I guess?

PDP is still dumb and probably racist, but I don't think this particular episode is worth mentioning unless you're a news website hungry for clicks

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He is just reacting to random tik-tok videos... The name of the supremacist channel is there because of the watermark of tiktok, like come on...

The fact that you guys really think showing a random 10 sec tiktok in a 13 min video that happens to be from a random white supremacist means he is promoting him really shows.

giphy.webp

-PyramidSong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Sorry but i don't agree. He did not promoted nothing. It was a 10 second random clip and im sure 99.9 % people who watched the video doesn't even know who this guy is. Actually people mad at this thing is the one who promote this dude.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Uhm this is really grasping at straws. There's no promoting, just reacting to a random clip of a guy that I'm pretty sure Pewdiepie and most people have no idea is a white supremacist. It's just getting ridiculous now.

he did that for the nazi channel back in december too, i'm amazed how, according to his fans, he NEVER knows what he does, despite he prepares these videos right? and he has how many followers again?

I'm not here to judge, but he knows everything, and he hides behind excuses like "it's a joke".

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry but i don't agree. He did not promoted nothing. It was a 10 second random clip and im sure 99.9 % people who watched the video doesn't even know who this guy is. Actually people mad at this thing is the one who promote this dude.

Consider that Felix knows exactly what the response will be because he's done this shit several times before.

Tomorrow he'll make a memetastic twenty minute oopsie video and talk about how things have been blown out of proportion by the media and that people are just being ridiculous.

Controversy just brings more eyes to his shit content and the crap it promotes. Rinse and repeat.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
PewDiePie's mistakes remind me of a joke:
*at a court*
Judge: "Will the defendant please give us his version of the facts?"
Defendant: "Yes, your honor. I was peeling onions in the kitchen, when my roommate slipped on a peel, and had the misfortune of falling down on me, stabbing himself on the knife I was holding."
Judge: "Noted; please continue."
Defendant: "Well, then the same thing happened again thirty seven times in a row..."

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

I wish this had happened in summer, it gets really hot here and it would be nice to be fanned by all this handwaving.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So at what point in the 15 seconds did Baked Alaska promote his hateful views? What do you mean he was just doing a dance.

OUTRAGEOUS. This outrage culture you got going on yikes, but when James Gunn get's fired because of it you're all like WTF THIS HAS TO STOP.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
No one would have thought about baked Alaska if this article/tweet didn't happen.
The tweet did far more to inform people (promote) that racist dude than PDP reacting to a compilation of random TIk Tok clips.

replicantUK

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
As someone working in advertising i'm expected to research every piece of media i'm using in my pieces and know who did them and if i'm legally allowed to use them or not and how should i be crediting them

Its not really a stretch to expect a youtuber to know who they're putting on their videos

A completely different scenario from a youtuber. Advertising is a regulated industry.

Starvigil

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Pattern of trolling and dismissive behavior in sensitive topics
Pewdiepie reacts to a Tiktok memes for 14 minutes.
Era:
vIKMoye.gif

Just look at all of this Nazi propaganda in the video.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
The PDP defense force here really is something. It doesn't matter if it was unintentional. This is his fucking job and he employs 3 editors. If I accidentally promoted a white supremacist at my job I'd get fired.. why the fuck should someone with exponentially more resources and reach, and a history of doing this, be given a pass?

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No one would have thought about baked Alaska if this article/tweet didn't happen.
The tweet did far more to inform people (promote) that racist dude than PDP reacting to a compilation of random TIk Tok clips.
Exactly. The thread title is misleading as hell. He didn't promote that piece of shit at all, haha.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the implication that he actively went out of his way when selecting videos to react to and specifically picked the one with a white supremacist that he knew would cause controversy because...... why?

What kind of cartoony villian are we trying to make here? I never watch this dude's content but man this whole thing sounds like such contrived controversy stirring. Like giving us any possible reason to hate this dude when he's doing the most basic youtube stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.