• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the video that the OP linked. Don't get it, dude is reacting to a bunch of tiktok videos and that one happened to be in it. Dude didn't say to sub to him or that's he's fan or anything lol
100% this.

There is no mention of the guys name it's just 10 seconds of him dabbing to some shit on tiktok, How is this a promotion.

can we quit with the hyperbole lmfao. I love how everyone is jumping on the bandwagon in this thread without even checking the source.

Lets be real he's not promoting shit and 90% of his viewer base wouldn't even know who that guy in the tiktok video is unless someone like you make a thread about it. I know I didn't know who he was.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
He must be doing this on purpose at this point... probably gets a kick out of all the controversy it causes
Watched the video that the OP linked. Don't get it, dude is reacting to a bunch of tiktok videos and that one happened to be in it. Dude didn't say to sub to him or that's he's fan or anything lol
Yeah I think he's doing these vids for the controversy it generates. He probably knows there's no chance he gets banned so covers controversial topics and people to keep him in the headlines.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

This.
He doesn't have the time to check the background of dozens of YouTube personalities. It's just not possible with his schedule.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Teehee, what a naughty boy.

I guess money doesn't buy you peace of mind. This guy just loves feeding into this persecution complex he has. He can't stop. Even if he weren't actually into this nazi shit, continuing to bring this stuff up for "trolling" is fucking pathetic.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
This.
He doesn't have the time to check the background of dozens of YouTube personalities. It's just not possible with his schedule.
I'd believe it was an honest mistake if it happened once, but at this point, it'd have to be a crazy coincidence. A bunch of other famous Youtubers do the same shtick as him without ever covering and promoting Nazi trash.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'd believe it was an honest mistake if it happened once, but at this point, it'd have to be a crazy coincidence. A bunch of other famous Youtubers do the same shtick as him without ever covering and promoting Nazi trash.
I think it's more accurate to say because of his / his audiences shitty internet meme obsession / consumption, some amount of that is inevitably going to be /pol/ tier trash. There's probably a conversation to be had about that and what someone with a large platform should be doing to prevent this but the OP situation seems like coincidental ignorance and not something done intentionally.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Can't wait for the "how should he know about this, honest mistake, he's only a young youtuber doing fun things, he doesn't mean it, he's not really a Nazi" comments in here and mainly from other Youtubers, like every damn time he's being openly racist or openly promotes other racist channels.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
If he didn't check the guy's Twitter handle before posting the video with the handle in it, he's irresponsible and stupid.

If he did check it, this is just more reason why YouTube should be banning his ass.

Actually, he should be banned either way.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Well he does these kind of videos several times a week and there is no problematic content in 99% of his videos.
Honestly I don't think anyone would have even noticed it if it weren't for the articles.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So reacting to random tik-tok videos is promoting?

When you're the biggest channel on YouTube? Yes. You're signal boosting anything you touch and you should be held responsible for propping up Nazis time and time again.

The "aw shucks oops didn't know" bullshit doesn't hold water. This fucker is a Nazi sympathizer at best.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do people know all these white supremacists, not PDP, this baked Alaska guy?

If I watched his video I wouldn't have a clue who he was?

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
If he didn't check the guy's Twitter handle before posting the video with the handle in it, he's irresponsible and stupid.

If he did check it, this is just more reason why YouTube should be banning his ass.

Actually, he should be banned either way.
I think we are past the point of him being able to plead ignorance on this stuff. But there is no way that Youtube would ban him for something like this considering the smörgåsbord of straight up hate channels they allow to keep existing.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
Was he actually promoting this guy or did he just appear due to tik-tok being completely random clips? I'm not surprised there's a confirmation bias in this guys case but this one seems questionable. Has anyone actually seen the stream in question?
Idk if I'm allowed to link the video here since no one has already, But it's his latest video called Tik Tok GAMER girls, The clip in question is at 12:41.

TLDR - no he's not promoting anything

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

I have to genuinely ask you....

Do you really see all these instances as just coincidences? Just truly harmless happenstance?

I legit wonder if thats the case, why it doesn't happen in the other direction then. Why is it ALWAYS racist shitheels and far right loonies? Shouldn't the coincidences bounce around the map a bit more than that?

Genuinely asking. I want to understand the POV of someone who looks at these strings of incidents and manages to see nothing

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk if I'm allowed to link the video here since no one has already, But it's his latest video called Tik Tok GAMER girls, The clip in question is at 12:41.

TLDR - no he's not promoting anything

Anything he puts in a video is promoted by default. He has a history of signal boosting Nazis. There is no excuse.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Focusing on the important issues.
What I meant to say was that no one of his younger fan base would have bothered to check this guys account but thanks to the "controversy " they will be more eager to have a look.

Yeah maybe he should hire someone to check all the guys first before he includes them in a video but I am not sure if he is willing to spend money on that.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I'm just questioning if the "PewDiePie does racist things" topics should go into off topic since they're basically devoid of anything related to video games.
Honestly is there anything even to discuss about it anymore, it's clear he is an idiot and regardless of whatever his own views are he has no problem promoting awful people. What more is there to add?

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
The fact that kind of thing just keeps happening with so few repercussions scares the shit out of me. Not just the one youtubist being racist, but so many people not even trying to hide their loud-and-proud cross-burnin' flavor of hatred.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
people are going to pass it off as doing it for the lulz, he has a huge following on YouTube

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is intentional. Hes seeing what he can get away with to piss off the libs. Hes absolutely just trying to trigger people.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I included the video in the OP.

It looks like a hundred tik tok clips with one being the guy in question dabbing and pewdiepie saying "that's funny"? Seems like a lot of people didn't have any idea who Baked Alaska even was before this thread so its also on his editor for not noticing if they knew who that guy was, and editing this guy out?

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This.
Yeah that poor, poor millionaire. Only if he, or his 3 Editors had any time to actually check what he is reacting to. It's not like it's his job or anything.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I know teenagers and they just want to laugh at all the videos/ memes in his videos. It's not rocket science..

I asked how you knew not ONE kid watching his video would go to that Twitter handle.

What you just said isn't an answer. The only answer is this: you don't know.

PDP posted a video to his millions of children subscribers that included a Nazi's Twitter handle. And you're making excuses for it. It's frightening.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

whitereport

Banned
Dec 5, 2018
And PDP fans continue to show why they're called children.
I don't even watch PewDiePie, I have never watched a single one of his videos, except for this one and it's clear he's just reacting to a bunch of random Tiktoks. I'm getting tired of this forum and their attitude towards dumb shit like this PewDiePie thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.