• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 30, 2017
Kids dont have the knowledge, experience or critical thinking skills to be able to see why people like PDP and others who push fascist content are bad or how they operate so to put the blame on them is ridiculous.

Also, while i agree that PDP is not funny at all, i didnt grow up with that being the biggest thing in entertainment like these kids have done so you cant put the same standards on them.

Your post just comes across as some self congratulatory, hipster rubbish that completely ignores reality.

I'm not gonna say that it's 100% on kids, but most of my friends have kids around 8-12 that use YouTube heavily and don't get presented with these kinds of videos and when they do, they are usually turned all the way off by them and report them.

I use YouTube pretty often for gaming videos and science and politics and never see any of this stuff, and somehow I manage to get everything else not alt-right in the orbit (like never hearing O&A even though I watched Patrice O Neal and Bill Burr stuff a ton). Hell I didn't even know dipshit Joe Rogan made YouTube videos of his podcast until someone posted one on here.

I definitely think the YouTube algorithm is racially targeted as well.

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
His fans are using the same defense JonTron used, that people are calling him "guilty by association." If he promotes an anti-Semite he is guilty.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
https://people.com/tv/youtube-pewdiepie-calls-lilly-singh-crybaby-wage-gap/

He also called a youtuber a crybaby after she noted that the newest top 10 highest paid youtubers were all men and suggested to her that maybe she should have capitalised on her mental health issues to sell more merch. The youtuber, Lilly Singh, had taken a short break to focus on health issues.

Edit: Seems like I misunderstood PDP? He wasn't suggesting that she should capitalise on her mental health issues but rather pointing out that she did it after she returned.

Does Youtube pay channels differently based on the content creator's gender? I just assumed that creators get paid on how many subscribers and views that they get. If its the latter how is this an example of the gender wage gap? Unless I'm misunderstanding her and her complaint is about people not viewing or subscribing to female content creators as much as their male counterparts.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm not gonna say that it's 100% on kids, but most of my friends have kids around 8-12 that use YouTube heavily and don't get presented with these kinds of videos and when they do, they are usually turned all the way off by them and report them.

I use YouTube pretty often for gaming videos and science and politics and never see any of this stuff, and somehow I manage to get everything else not alt-right in the orbit (like never hearing O&A even though I watched Patrice O Neal and Bill Burr stuff a ton). Hell I didn't even know dipshit Joe Rogan made YouTube videos of his podcast until someone posted one on here.

I definitely think the YouTube algorithm is racially targeted as well.
How much is their YouTube viewing monitored? I mean i wouldn't assume to know the entire viewing habits of someone else kids YouTube accounts.

You sound very lucky, i watch a lot of political videos and often get suggestions for clear, right wing bullshit. God forbid i accidentally click on one Joe Rogan clip or watch a video with the word feminist in the title otherwise my suggested feed becomes full of JR and anti-SJW videos.

Nov 2, 2017
Den Haag, Netherlands
Report E;R's Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/esemicolonr

For evidence, link the Pearl Steven Universe one (don't watch it, just get the URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5KckytsmPA) and put the time stamp as 2 minutes 6 seconds. This is just as the triple parentheses are dropped in.

For secondary, link the Death Note video part 2, time stamp 6 seconds.

For tertiary, I just linked one of the MANY dogwhistles he has on his Twitter. Alternatively, you can link any dogshit the NEET posts on his Gab account.

Let's take him down.

Last edited:

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Report E;R's Patreon:

For evidence, link the Lily Steven Universe one (don't watch it, just get the URL) and put the time stamp as 2 minutes 6 seconds. This is just as the triple parentheses are dropped in.

For tertiary, I just linked one of the MANY dogwhistles he has on his Twitter. Alternatively, you can link any dogshit the NEET posts on his Gab account.

Let's take him down.

Did the same hopefully others join in.

rucury

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Report E;R's Patreon:

For evidence, link the Lily Steven Universe one (don't watch it, just get the URL) and put the time stamp as 2 minutes 6 seconds. This is just as the triple parentheses are dropped in.

Let's take him down.

Good idea, thanks.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Does Youtube pay channels differently based on the content creator's gender? I just assumed that creators get paid on how many subscribers and views that they get. If its the latter how is this an example of the gender wage gap? Unless I'm misunderstanding her and her complaint is about people not viewing or subscribing to female content creators as much as their male counterparts.

She's talking about how there might be a pattern with to there seem to be less women on the top 10. Which could be something to look at since the youtube algorithms seems to be an issue more often these days? She's not blaming the algorithm but it's just my opinion.

Anyway on hindsight I shouldn't have posted that here.

Sep 12, 2018
Report E;R's Patreon:

Let's take him down.
I'm doing this at the moment but I don't know what you mean by "Lily Steven Universe", what is the actual title of the video?

Oct 27, 2017
He earns copious amounts of money because people watch his videos. He had direct influence on lots of people. Lots of kids. That's why he's worth talking about.

He's not even just some celebrity, some actor who you can like in movies and be ignorant of who he actually is. His entire work is content that is just him as himself. He is exposing countless impressionable people to this vile nonsense.

Ok, you're old. So you know what an RSS feed is, right? Was it culty to follow the updates of a website or someone's blog? Hell, do you never watch any threads here?

Like... listen, I barely even use YouTube. I can't stand watching vlogs (I think my ADD makes it very hard to put up with the way they're structured) and video essays and such compared to just reading it. But even I sub to some people just because... I want to know what they've made lately? The entire point of the feature?

Sure, there's some cultishness around some creators. But I feel the cultishness comes from the size of their audience and how "direct" you connect to the person. Subscribing in itself is just a function of the platform, and the reason they push subscribing is just because it means more views and more ad money, etc.
I know what a subscription is, I just see there to be no benefit other than to aggrandize these "content creators" egos. The cultish fanbases are disturbing and create a fervent defense force to shout down even the most mundane criticism. Some of these talk-to-a-webcam "celebrities" are down right dangerous with how much power they have over their followers.

Youtube's culture is garbage. And no I never used RSS because it was already easy enough to just go to the website itself.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
WTF at MKBHD? He was like the last person I'd have expected to support PDP. I just went through his feed. He hasn't taken it back or apologized which means he definitely believes he's said nothing wrong. And most of the replies to that tweet are in support of him for being "on their team". (WTF is a 9 year old? Is that what PDP fans call themselves?) So now I have to unsubscribe from him? What about iJustine? They do videos together all the time. Is she secretly on his side too? Do I have to unsubscribe from her too by extension? Ugh this is like Channel Awesome with Tamara and Malcom (And Brad) all over again.
YouTubers are a clique. If you want to sit at the cool table you have to shill for the people higher up the ladder. It's strangely cult-like.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Don't
Support
Streamers

They're all garbage

"THATS NOT FAIR, THEYRE NOT ALL BAD!"

Unless they've made multiple videos calling out these people publicly, they're complicit.

Liberteer

Dec 8, 2018
Sarajevo
Kids dont have the knowledge, experience or critical thinking skills to be able to see why people like PDP and others who push fascist content are bad or how they operate so to put the blame on them is ridiculous.

Also, while i agree that PDP is not funny at all, i didnt grow up with that being the biggest thing in entertainment like these kids have done so you cant put the same standards on them.

Your post just comes across as some self congratulatory, hipster rubbish that completely ignores reality.

I disagree. There's no virtual pat on the back. It's the reality of situation I was in, living in postwar country. I don't know where are you from, or what's your background, but calling me hipster based on nothing just proves your lack of communication skills.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Don't
Support
Streamers

They're all garbage

Unless they've made multiple videos calling out these people publicly, they're complicit.

This seems dumb. It's not the job of the streamers to set aside time to call out other unrelated streamers as shit heads.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I disagree. There's no virtual pat on the back. It's the reality of situation I was in, living in postwar country. I don't know where are you from, or what's your background, but calling me hipster based on nothing just proves your lack of communication skills.
I compared your opinion to a hipster one because it essentially boiled down to "Well I was able to choose good music like Metallica instead of crappy music at that age so these kids should also be able to pick something better then PDP".

Kids on the whole like stupid things, to expect anything more is a simple failure of what life is actually like for most people, especially in this day and age with years worth of content uploaded every day for kids to scroll through.

To then say they need to be responsible for this and in essence its their fault they are being exposed to people like PDP is again ridiculous. How are kids meant to understand the complexities of the alt right and their use of language to subliminally insert hurtful ideals while grooming them into defending them with an attempt of plausible deniability?

Shit, many grown ass men here seem incapable of understanding why this is a dangerous situation and how complex and intricate the tactics at play are.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I know what a subscription is, I just see there to be no benefit other than to aggrandize these "content creators" egos. The cultish fanbases are disturbing and create a fervent defense force to shout down even the most mundane criticism. Some of these talk-to-a-webcam "celebrities" are down right dangerous with how much power they have over their followers.

Youtube's culture is garbage. And no I never used RSS because it was already easy enough to just go to the website itself.

We can agree they're potentially dangerous, but. Dude. C'mon.

"Let me know when there's an update" is the benefit. And I do not think the subscribe button is the source of anything bad by itself to the degree you're arguing; they'd just point to other metrics or fuss over other things.

Nov 30, 2017
How much is their YouTube viewing monitored? I mean i wouldn't assume to know the entire viewing habits of someone else kids YouTube accounts.

You sound very lucky, i watch a lot of political videos and often get suggestions for clear, right wing bullshit. God forbid i accidentally click on one Joe Rogan clip or watch a video with the word feminist in the title otherwise my suggested feed becomes full of JR and anti-SJW videos.

Not really? Like I've had to tell them about things like fucked up videos disgused as some kid shit and stuff like that, but they are tech consumers and single mothers don't really have the time to dig deep into shit like that.

Like I said, they can pretty easily figure out your race if you use literally any other google product in conjunction with YouTube, so there's no point in showing Proud Boys calling black people niggers to black children, it's not going to get us to join up like it would for white/white passing children. That's why I think the algorithm is intentionally targeting who they believe are white.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Report E;R's Patreon:

Let's take him down.

Done! Sicking that people are paying him money to produce this trash.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Well, excuse me for saying it out loud, but kids who choose pdp are idiots. Most of the kids these days who have foods on their table and iPhones in their hands to stream and watch are privileged. They can and have the obligation of picking the right content. When I was 10, I had a choice of picking shitty local music and blending in or choosing Metallica and Stones. I chose Metallica and Stones. And so on. Let kids have some fucking responsibility. Everyone has choices at their disposal.

Kids don't know better. And that can very much be intentional; this shit is insidious and hidden. Nobody knew early on that he'd get quite this bad, for one. And beyond that, kids don't know that the YouTube recommendations algorithm is going to show them someone new who seems charming but is going to sneak in a conspiracy theory at some point. How could they possibly tell? There's no simple audible difference, there's nothing to tell them how wrong the beliefs they just heard are.

So good to know 10 year old you had amazing music taste or whatever; you seem very proud. But that's such a fucking inconsequential choice; worst case you listened to bad music. Worst case here kids are being indoctrinated into white supremacy. This isn't about responsibility or how smart these 10 year olds are, it's about people trying to manipulate children into believing this shit. I guess we should do nothing about that because 10 year olds should have magical alt-right detectors? So we're just going to let that indoctrination happen, then?

Like it'd be one thing if you were talking about their parents, but "10 year olds should be smart and responsible enough to detect when they're being manipulated into absorbing vile ideas, because at the age I knew Metallica was good" sure is a fucking take.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Not really? Like I've had to tell them about things like fucked up videos disgused as some kid shit and stuff like that, but they are tech consumers and single mothers don't really have the time to dig deep into shit like that.

Like I said, they can pretty easily figure out your race if you use literally any other google product in conjunction with YouTube, so there's no point in showing Proud Boys calling black people niggers to black children, it's not going to get us to join up like it would for white/white passing children. That's why I think the algorithm is intentionally targeting who they believe are white.
Ah, I see what you mean. Was a little confused by the wording.

That wouldn't surprise me at all, we know Netflix changes its thumbnails according to perceived race so it wouldn't surprise me if youtube did it too and since alt right stuff is gonna be more popular with white people, it's gonna also target them too.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crossposting from the video game forum version of thread -

If you're someone who truly laments the state of the world in terms of right wing extremism, white nationalism and supremacy spreading overtly to younger and younger people in mainstream channels...

And you put forth the idea the pewdiepie can't really be a really a nazi because he is just being edgy or making a jokes...

Congratulations, you, specifically are how it happens. You are the semi solid nougat base that this shit relies on to form. You are the physical manifestation of the plausible deniability that modern nazis require to operate in the open with no fear of consequence. You are a known quantity that they acknowledge among themselves both privately and in some cases openly as the real medium that allows them to spread unimpeded.

Oct 26, 2017
Google needs to get ahead of this and deplatform this clown. Don't wait for Apple to remove his games from the App Store or some shit. Grow a set and do it.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Report E;R's Patreon:

Let's take him down.

Done! Hopefully patreon at least will do the right thing.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
It's completely their job, actually.
When these mega streamers fuck up, it effects all streamers.
Adpocalypse effected the small streamers more, actually.

It's not their job. I agree that other streamers can impact them, but not all streamers are going to feel comfortable calling shit out and it shouldn't be held against them if they don't.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, excuse me for saying it out loud, but kids who choose pdp are idiots. Most of the kids these days who have foods on their table and iPhones in their hands to stream and watch are privileged. They can and have the obligation of picking the right content. When I was 10, I had a choice of picking shitty local music and blending in or choosing Metallica and Stones. I chose Metallica and Stones. And so on. Let kids have some fucking responsibility. Everyone has choices at their disposal.

What is this

Oct 27, 2017
We can agree they're potentially dangerous, but. Dude. C'mon.

"Let me know when there's an update" is the benefit. And I do not think the subscribe button is the source of anything bad by itself to the degree you're arguing; they'd just point to other metrics or fuss over other things.
The fight was over subs, was it not? His army went to fight for his honor because some other channel overtook his throne? It's garbage culture.

Oct 27, 2017
Has Rogan had Felix on his podcast yet? I can't wait to hear about

-how PDP "isn't actually racist"
-it was all "for the lulz"
-the left doesn't have a sense of humor
-the left is to stupid too appreciate the PDP's "highbrow satire"
-Felix is "a really nice guy"
-people should subscribe to his channel and "make up their own minds"
-the left is "eating itself with outrage culture"
-no contrary evidence of all the times Felix has said/done racist shit even before this
-no calling out any of Felix's lies
-offer no contrary evidence whatsoever that Felix is full of shit
-laugh at the idea that JRE is a gateway to the alt-right

Because let me tell ya, Joe, THAT SHIT NEVER GETS OLD.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Ekk my little sister used to watch him when he did let's plays and other YT'ers like him. Last I checked she's into those vlogger YT'ers now.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
This wouldn't be so bad (sad?) if you were watching international news or science or college lectures or presentations from hacker conferences, literally anything that could teach you a skill or learn something useful and tangible, but somehow you run out of shit content.

All the libraries and books and movies in the world you ran out of videos watching people open boxes. Amazing.
Open boxes? Why are you assuming I only watch unboxing videos? I rarely watch unboxing videos. Stop judging me on my entertainment choice. There's just as many TV and movie celebrities as well as book writers coming out as racist or questionable as there are YouTubers. So get off your high horse.

Liberteer

Dec 8, 2018
Sarajevo
Kids don't know better. And that can very much be intentional; this shit is insidious and hidden. Nobody knew early on that he'd get quite this bad, for one. And beyond that, kids don't know that the YouTube recommendations algorithm is going to show them someone new who seems charming but is going to sneak in a conspiracy theory at some point. How could they possibly tell? There's no simple audible difference, there's nothing to tell them how wrong the beliefs they just heard are.

So good to know 10 year old you had amazing music taste or whatever; you seem very proud. But that's such a fucking inconsequential choice; worst case you listened to bad music. Worst case here kids are being indoctrinated into white supremacy. This isn't about responsibility or how smart these 10 year olds are, it's about people trying to manipulate children into believing this shit. I guess we should do nothing about that because 10 year olds should have magical alt-right detectors? So we're just going to let that indoctrination happen, then?

Like it'd be one thing if you were talking about their parents, but "10 year olds should be smart and responsible enough to detect when they're being manipulated into absorbing vile ideas, because at the age I knew Metallica was good" sure is a fucking take.

What else can I say? Is it parents fault? The school system fault? The whole system fault? It's everyone's fault, at the end, I guess. I am deeply sorry, being 10 and choosing didn't have anything to do with pride back then. I don't consider myself proud now either, I just think I did the right choice.

You are right, kids don't know better, but truth be told, kids like to blend in. Most of the kids. I am not quite interested in correcting them. Those who blend in do often choose white supremacy, which is vile and makes me sick to my stomach. But if you're a kid, you read people criticize the absurd Swedish moron and you don't even think, just slightly, for a minute, there's something wrong there, what can I say, not a cancer curer, as Bill Hicks would say.

Or blame it on the rock'n'roll. Or parents. Or whomever. We all do need one scapegoat to slaughter now and then.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The specific video he mentions makes jokes about Heather Heyer's death, and has multiple uses of the n-word. PDP also left a positive comment on that video, saying he was looking forward to the second part. He 100% is aware of the content in these videos.

That's weird, you'd think that a fine upstanding gentleman like PewDiePie would be more concerned about people using the n-word.

Mezano07

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Trolling
Don't let Tseries wins, subscribe to pewdiepie please ! #idonemypart #brofist

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Don't
Support
Streamers

They're all garbage

That's a bit much. Calling out random streamers is more forced unless there's enough egregious shit or more context to allow it.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
The specific video he mentions makes jokes about Heather Heyer's death, and has multiple uses of the n-word. PDP also left a positive comment on that video, saying he was looking forward to the second part. He 100% is aware of the content in these videos.
Is there a link to this? or pic? I'd like to confirm for myself and put it on my Twitter. I'm not surprised it is true but it's always best to verify first.

dedacc

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Outrage fiction". Clearly the words of a man who has never done anything wrong. Why does society keep excusing (somewhat) famous people who did horrible shit and then double down on it instead of owning up to it.

Also the fact that he's dragging "gamers" into this is hilarious - I would like to believe a lot of "gamers" are sick of him being the de facto public face of "gaming culture".

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
"Outrage fiction". Clearly the words of a man who has never done anything wrong. Why does society keep excusing (somewhat) famous people who did horrible shit and then double down on it instead of owning up to it.

Also the fact that he's dragging "gamers" into this is hilarious - I would like to believe a lot of "gamers" are sick of him being the de facto public face of "gaming culture".
Also the fact that "gamers rise up" is literally a GamerGate saying.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What'S the clip about?

Someone on mic was fanboying over PDP in a game, another player shoots them in the head to kill his voice chat

To be completely fair here the laughing seems to be more about the fanboy getting randomly shot than anything to do with the avatars name. The fan speaking/gushing also isn't the player who shot him? (the username Buzzfeed are highlighting) It's a tweet picture framed completely wrong.

Just clicked the link above from Bandage to see what the original tweet was.

That is a pretty dumb take from Buzzfeed and doesn't really do anything to help the original complaints about the video in the OP. Gives PDP an easy win because the video posted does not back up the claims being made in the tweet with the picture.

"RabbiShekel" is not the player that was talking to PDP and PDP was laughing after the player who was talking/gushing had their "you've helped me out in my life" cut short by being shot. The game obviously uses proximity chat which ceases to work if you get killed.

Last edited: