• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like pewdiepie at all, but he always struck me as someone who would do exactly that, recommend something he hadn't vetted due to laziness and taking the easy way out. That doesn't make it ok, but I definitely think it is 50/50 that he knew about the content vs he didn't and still promoted the channel.

Shitty either way though, promoting something like that knowingly or through ignorance.

Since no one replied to this, I'm just going to point out that Felix Kjellberg does not deserve the benefit of the doubt. Ignorance is a valid excuse once, no more. You don't know better, then people tell you you don't know better, and then you do.

Felix's already apologized for normalizing Nazis, which should tell you he isn't ignorant anymore. The apology was total bullshit anyway because he was laughing about it elsewhere at the same time, and he's exchanging tweets and such with a bunch of white supremacists, which would be very odd things for an ignorant person to be doing.

And at times, he doesn't even bother to pretend. People mention the video where he got caught saying the N-word. If you listen to it, it's followed by a conversation over voice chat about how it doesn't really matter because the fans won't care, and the only people who will take him to task over his racism aren't going to watch his videos anyway.

screenshot214e7jb0.png

screenshot213e9jyu.png

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
''No, but pewds was just joking when he paid people to hold a 'kill all jews' sign, context people''

Seriously if people needed more proof that this fucking guy is a goddamn nazi scum.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

You know, I don't know much about Pew De PIe but I was willing to give him the shadow of a doubt after his first "gaffe" (the one where he claimed it was sarcasm I think...). But that combined with this... I no longer think the first one was a gaffe and he just didn't want the backlash that came with it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think about it, Pewdiepie and Notch would be the perfect counterpoints against the economic anxiety argument if anyone still bought that. Here you've got two incredibly successful people, who have enough money and fame that they can do whatever they want. They look at the infinite possibilities they have before them and say "alright, turning into a nazi seems like the best choice."

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when people only had tv to watch and shit was regulated so nazis wouldn't be advertising inbetween saturday morning cartoons?

Good times.

Now we get scum like this spreading nazism to kids all over the world with no oversight.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Boogie speak up for him and say, "it's the left's fault that PDP is a Nazi. Either way, he still deserves a seat at the table."

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Now that I think about it, Pewdiepie and Notch would be the perfect counterpoints against the economic anxiety argument if anyone still bought that. Here you've got two incredibly successful people, who have enough money and fame that they can do whatever they want. They look at the infinite possibilities they have before them and say "alright, turning into a nazi seems like the best choice."

it speaks to the marriage between capitalism and white supremacy. Rich white people love to peddle racism to the masses and it is in their material interest to do so (develop intra-class antagonisms)

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's a joke article my dude.

Regardless, at this rate we might have a legit article about something similar soon lol
It's a onion like joke article. I'll give you that it is hard to tell these days though.
Yeah, my bad for not recognizing that, though in my defense the fact that it seemed remotely plausible to me speaks volumes about the character of Felix. Like, he's always been trash (his rape "jokes" when he first started off) but more and more it seems like he's not even trying to hide who he is.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Legend of Whorra: Renigginings"

Oh yes, I'm sure this man is just simply misunderstood. No, impossible that this swedish manchild knew anything of the sort or could possibly support such a person.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why is the channel he's promoting not banned? YT is a fucked up place
Unless it involves copyright or extreme circumstances, YouTube will do jack. See also: YouTube just banned "Proud Boy" founder McInnes' channel not for any of the despicable things they've said and done, but over copyright infringement.

Svearik

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta
It's a shame that he is one of the biggest (biggest?) channels on Youtube. I honestly wish YouTube were a little braver and willing to take a stand against these things. It's like every 4 or 6 months you read about how PewDiePie says racist shit, does racist shit, or 'accidentally' promotes it. He is a bit more sneaky about it but it still exists.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I don't know much about Pew De PIe but I was willing to give him the shadow of a doubt after his first "gaffe" (the one where he claimed it was sarcasm I think...). But that combined with this... I no longer think the first one was a gaffe and he just didn't want the backlash that came with it.
When people show you who they are the first time, believe them.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
I am utterly shocked to learn that a man who is utterly disinterested in learning why he shouldnt do racist things is in fact a racist.

Why is the channel he's promoting not banned? YT is a fucked up place
Because Google dont care if people are using their platform to grow a new crop of Lebensborn as long as they make money from it.

hungry muppet

Banned
Nov 5, 2018
User Banned (permanent): defending antisemitism
I don't think this is as noteworthy as the time Felix had to hold back the n word on stream. I kinda like E;R's humor, though of course the fanbase his style and rhetoric attracts emulates the more problematic aspects. Most of his videos are demonetized, from what I hear. So if people want to support him, it'd be through donations out of their own pockets.

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no surprise. He's one gateway for kids to join the alt-right.

I don't think this is as noteworthy as the time Felix had to hold back the n word on stream. I kinda like E;R's humor, though of course the fanbase his style and rhetoric attracts emulates the more problematic aspects. Most of his videos are demonetized, from what I hear. So if people want to support him, it'd be through donations out of their own pockets.

Ah, yes. Downplaying a literal Nazi.

Deleted member 48205

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 30, 2018
Have you not seen this post:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pe...c-racist-youtube-channel.86312/#post-15856247
Or maybe you're just kinda into that rhetoric yourself eh?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, his "style of humor" is screaming the N-word over and over when there are black characters in children's cartoons.

Multiple videos of his have "Nigger" in the TITLE

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017

Enjoy your coming ban, idiot.

"I kinda like [his] humor" which apparently just consists of straight up open racism directed at children's cartoons.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This E;R guy has the same copy-pasted, carbon copy, production line """"""""""""""""""humor"""""""""""""""""" as the rest of the dregs who think saying nigger and spamming forced memes makes them 'in' with the ebic 4channers

He ain't original. He ain't clever. Any fuckstick can regurgitate /tv/ memes.

Fuck this prick, just watch this twats Force Awakens video and you'll see what I mean

Please enlighten me as to what this guy does differently from his ilk that makes him funny

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

1. *checks profile* I'm glad 33 isn't a number that (so far) seems to be used for Nazi dogwhistling
2. Get the name of the muppets out of your mouth, you racist garbage

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda like E;R's humor, though of course the fanbase his style and rhetoric attracts emulates the more problematic aspects.

Can you get into more specifics? Did you specifically like the part where he described the Death Note's rules while showing footage of Heather Heyer getting killed by a Neo-Nazi, explaining how Heyer would have instead died of a heart hattack because "too much shit was in the way" between her and the car? You know, "shit" like the other people protestors getting crushed? Cause that part was hiiilaaarious.

And it gets WAY funnier when you realize that E;R is an actual Nazi. Hahahaha! Man. What a guy.

Last edited:

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden

Notch donates to a nazi and Pewdiepie is promoting anti-semitic Youtube content.

Both living the dream! They are doing Sweden so proud!

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Can you get into more specifics? Did you specifically like the part where he described the Death Note's rules while showing footage of Heather Heyer getting killed by a Neo-Nazi, explaining how Heyer would have instead died because "too much shit was in the way" between her and the car? Like, the other people getting crushed? Cause that part was hiiilaaarious.

And it gets WAY funnier when you realize that E;R is an actual Nazi. Hahahaha! Man. What a guy.

Psssh Rob don't you uh know that comedy is subjective? Are we really considering censoring comedy now? SJWs outta control lol /s

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting some of the corniest /co/ bait as a video essay and then getting off to all of the "wtf I hate jews now" comments makes him a comedy genius tbh.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
And to think all these years I considered the Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker movies the pinnacle of comedic genius like a fool. How could I have been so blind?

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden is nice, but you guys produce a lot of gaming weirdos like notch and PDP. What's up with that?