• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Lol.

SEI_57270584.jpg

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wondered why this thread was bumping but didn't enter since I thought it was just yet more burners. I honestly did not expect to see that PDP unfollowed all the racists.

Scumbag knows exactly what the problem is. You ain't slick.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Who is that guy and why is he a white supremacist? Can't imagine Laci dating someone like that, she always seemed like an intelligent person.
Chris Ray Gun is really nothing special. He was among the first people who defended PDP when he pulled the "Death to all Jews" shit. He's no different from The Quartering or Sargon of Akkad or Paul Joseph Watson or Black Pigeon Speaks. Just another mediocre straight white male YouTuber with a YT channel filled to the brim with complaints about how the "SJWs are doing X, Y, Z" and siccing his followers on progressive YouTubers. Laci confirmed herself that she is dating him. I actually don't know if they're still together or not but it hardly matters.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
So the dipshit cleansed his twitter account from follows and tweets. Something tells me this is it:
I've seen people on Twitter using the excuse that he only did it because all of his followers were getting death threats.

Give me a fucking break. His hangers-on will create an excuse for anything just to avoid facing reality.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people on Twitter using the excuse that he only did it because all of his followers were getting death threats.

Give me a fucking break. His hangers-on will create an excuse for anything just to avoid facing reality.

Death threats are just memes tho. Why is he worried?

It's like you say, these idiots will make up literally anything to cover their dear leader.

Deleted member 37937

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
User Banned (permanent): Drive-by trolling in a sensitive thread. Account still in its junior phase.
You guys are really embarrassing. Why are you having this crazy mob behavior?
Pewdiepie is a decent guy and what happened in New Zealand has nothing to do with him!
Stop this madness!

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At what point does Youtube get the hammer dropped on them for keeping Pewdiepie on youtube all this time after all the infractions and now his contribution to influencing racist violence?

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
At what point does Youtube get the hammer dropped on them for keeping Pewdiepie on youtube all this time after all the infractions and now his contribution to influencing racist violence?

Until someones hand is directly caught in the cookie jar nothing will change. I don't even know how one would go about cleaning up YouTube.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty interesting to know that people have so much time to create alt accounts to commit low-tier trolling on a gaming forum. PDP brings out the crowd.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pewdiepie is a decent guy and what happened in New Zealand has nothing to do with him!
Stop this madness!
Nobody thinks he was directly involved with what happened, but everyone realizes that what happened is a result of a real problem with online radicalization, and PDP is a key part of that and refuses to take responsibility.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
What would YT getting the hammer dropped on them even mean. They are probably the largest media platform in the world, they pretty much call the shots on what they decide to allow on their own site.

Deleted member 9197

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nobody thinks he was directly involved with what happened, but everyone realizes that what happened is a result of a real problem with online radicalization, and PDP is a key part of that and refuses to take responsibility.

Seriously. How are people not getting this? The urge to defend whatever personality you've fallen in love with is truly dangerous at times. Just because a person you've never met and who doesn't care about you creates content you enjoy doesn't mean that they are free of fault for anything shy of straight videotaped murder.

People like PDP are toxic. He's been called out on his bullshit multiple times and yet he continues to make fucking jokes about genocide or about various discriminatory behaviors. He and his fans can continue to pretend that these are just edgy attempts at humor, but we know the truth.

Dude yelled "n*gger* out of frustration on a stream, and he got a pass for it. But you know what, folks? Normal, non-racist people don't just shout racial slurs when they're frustrated. Pewds had that shit in the holster, and I assure you that this wasn't the first time he'd used the word. Just the first time he got caught publicly.

And ALL of that rhetoric, seemingly innocent though it may be, is a direct path toward alt-right propaganda and at times to extremist violence. There is a plethora of evidence out there about how this shit works. Let PDP go and find someone else to kill time with for christ's sake.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop this madness!

3 posts.

You people need to get a personality of your own. Y'all sound like copycat drones. A copy of a copy. Imagine vicariously living your life through an ignorant racist shithead like sewerpie. Imagine the feeling when the truth of what you've been doing with your life finally hits you.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
if you put aside the rape jokes and the racial slurs and the homophobic slurs and the calling women thots and the encouraging his fanbase to call immigration against another streamer and the telling women to shut up about wage inequality and the anti semitic jokes and the attacking the media and the urging young people to watch white supremacists, pewdiepie is a decent guy

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pewdiepie is the cancerous butthole of the internet. YouTube needs to just take one for the team and ban him already.

Oct 26, 2017
if you put aside the rape jokes and the racial slurs and the homophobic slurs and the calling women thots and the encouraging his fanbase to call immigration against another streamer the telling women to shut up about wage inequality and the anti semitic jokes and the attacking the media and the urging young people to watch white supremacists, pewdiepie is a decent guy

Seriously. I don't humour them anymore because I know they're being disingenuous, but it's asinine to act like the NZ killer made the connection to PDP out of the blue.

If he'd name dropped someone without a ton of alt-right baggage like, I dunno, Northernlion, then of course we'd be flabbergasted and give the random YouTuber celeb the benefit of the doubt. (And even then, I feel like pretty much anyone with common decency would put out a video explicitly denouncing not just the killer, but the entire movement he grew and festered in -- not just write a 10-second tweet and call it a day.)

This is not the case with PDP.

Oct 27, 2017
His fans are a cult. I'm not being clever with words here, they are a cult.
Agreed.

I just don't fucking understand what they see in the guy. I know people who are usually smart and progressive yet when this garbage is mentioned all logic get thrown out of the window. All this for such a disgusting piece of shit.

I lost respect for a lot of people these past few days.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. I don't humour them anymore because I know they're being disingenuous, but it's asinine to act like the NZ killer made the connection to PDP out of the blue.

If he'd name dropped someone without a ton of alt-right baggage like, I dunno, Northernlion, then of course we'd be flabbergasted and give the random YouTuber celeb the benefit of the doubt. (And even then, I feel like pretty much anyone with common decency would put out a video explicitly denouncing not just the killer, but the entire movement he grew and festered in -- not just write a 10-second tweet and call it a day.)

This is not the case with PDP.

I'm really just wondering if it's the same people coming back again only to make a zero effort post that's can be invalidated by anyone who, knowing nothing about the issue, just read the information posted in the threadmarks. Are they signalling for other people who also don't care about making sense, reassuring them that someone else out there who is just as interested in surrounded themselves in aggressively unreasonable apathy? Or are they actually someone coming onto the forum for the first time, some angry teenager who heard of this place from a YouTuber, that's what they come up with, and they're somehow satisfied with that? Is there genuinely someone out there stupid enough to think that would work? That imagine that we're going to be looking through articles and videos of his part behaviour, but hear "PewDiePie is a decent guy" and go "oh I guess these are all wrong then"?

I'm trying to imagine who could possibly behind the screen and they're all very stupid people.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Agreed.

I just don't fucking understand what they see in the guy. I know people who are usually smart and progressive yet when this garbage is mentioned all logic geet thrown out of the window. All this for such a disgusting piece of shit.
I think a very, very large portion of his audience is impressionable children (or those who grew up with him when they were kids). So some insane loyalty makes sense.

Almost makes you long for the days when nearly all kids media had to go through numerous corporate filters. In this case, it seems like YouTube is completely unwilling to clean up its mess.

I don't hope for it, but it seems like only a matter of time until some government body has to put its foot down.

I'm trying to imagine who could possibly behind the screen and they're all very stupid people.
I was gonna say it's also likely just a bunch of trolls feigning ignorance "for the lolz," but that's just another branch of sad stupidity.

Oct 27, 2017
I think a very, very large portion of his audience is impressionable children (or those who grew up with him when they were kids). So some insane loyalty makes sense.

Almost makes you long for the days when nearly all kids media had to go through numerous corporate filters. In this case, it seems like YouTube is completely unwilling to clean up its mess.

I don't hope for it, but it seems like only a matter of time until some government body has to put its foot down.
Most of the ones I am talking about grew up watching him so you are spot on.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances Google lets PewDiePie be involved in their GDC announcement tomorrow.

0%

They didn't give him the time of day in Rewind. They know he and the circle around him is trash but are too cowardly to get rid of him due to the influence he holds, so their solution is to just let T-Series quietly overtake him in sub count.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Agreed.

I just don't fucking understand what they see in the guy. I know people who are usually smart and progressive yet when this garbage is mentioned all logic get thrown out of the window. All this for such a disgusting piece of shit.

A good portion of them are young kids/teens. I have no idea what the 20 somethings see in that dude though.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A good portion of them are young kids/teens. I have no idea what the 20 somethings see in that dude though.

I mean, scabpie himself is nearly 30. Stupidity and bigotry don't automatically go away with age. Self reflection is necessary to learn. Cuntpie seems to have none of it.

And i think there's a whole conversation to be had on how most nerd culture is infantile and the discourse born from it is not much better most of the time. The internet itself is breeding entire generations of literal manchildren who have no idea on how to function in society or how to relate and empathize with other people. When turdpie, jontron and jordan peterson are what's left to educate your children and teenagers, this is the shit you get. These parasites get the millions while actual teachers barely make a living. Priorities of a capitalist society.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Ugh. I'm frustrated. I got into arguments with a group of friends about Pewds. I was the only one who thinks that he should just come out and say "I'm against this. I don't support it and if you're a viewer of mine who believe in that. Fuck off" to make sure people know he's truly against it. Cause as I said before, I believe he put himself in this fire because of the content he's posted over the past year or so.

Everyone else in a group chat kept saying "No he shouldn't have to apologize! He doesn't owe anyone anything!" "You're just blaming him for this! Why don't we ban video games and guns?!"
Apparently i was "crying about it" according to one of them. I think the worst part is I'm probably gonna end up apologizing to them soon just cause of how I am.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Set boundaries. Don't apologize.

I've let it go for now with my friends but I've also dug up a bunch more ammo for next time if it ever comes up. Hbomberguy's video is good and I feel Contrapoints might do one eventually given the twitter posts.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
All of these bans for people that just refuse to see the point. No, the guy isn't personally responsible for this massacre. However, he enables this deplorable mob to grow, and all because it gets his sub numbers up.

It's so easy to say, "this group of white nationalists that view minorites as lower than vermin and glorify the murder of them are absolutely reprehensible". He knows that a portion of his base are the folks that cheered the Maniac on as he slaughtered innocent people, including children who had all committed the crime of being brown and worshipping a different religion than the majority of white folks.

The longer Felix remains silent, the longer he remains culpable in the enablement.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Ugh. I'm frustrated. I got into arguments with a group of friends about Pewds. I was the only one who thinks that he should just come out and say "I'm against this. I don't support it and if you're a viewer of mine who believe in that. Fuck off" to make sure people know he's truly against it. Cause as I said before, I believe he put himself in this fire because of the content he's posted over the past year or so.

Everyone else in a group chat kept saying "No he shouldn't have to apologize! He doesn't owe anyone anything!" "You're just blaming him for this! Why don't we ban video games and guns?!"
Apparently i was "crying about it" according to one of them. I think the worst part is I'm probably gonna end up apologizing to them soon just cause of how I am.
Yeah, I know a few people who would argue in favour of PDP, that's why I don't even start with them. It's sad and frustrating.
I would expect lot's of "It's just jokes and memes!" "you don't get his humor" "I am also not racist, I even have a black friend!"

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed.

I'm afraid to even bring him up because you never know how many idiots are hiding around you. People defending him or even just not seeing anything wrong with him are baffling.

Oct 2, 2018
The funny thing abotu PDP is ages ago, I watched his "I'm travelling through malaysia/KL video" and he seemed like a nice enough guy.

His videos were always annoying and then somehow in the intervening years, he became a vile little douche.