• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we need to be more careful in judging these things based on post count, I too barely post on Era but nobody brought that up since i am already leaning towards the majority of opinion stated in here.

Sure there are many trolls whose sole existence is to spread hate and wont change their twisted mind no matter what, but there might be some who probably lack critical thinking or perhaps just a kid and came here genuinely looking for answers.
That's why I'm often not super quick to jump to conclusions, and actually try and reply to people more often than not. You might be right that it's a troll, but occassionally you'll just get someone who genuinely doesn't know better.

But then you get some of these posters who are easily traceable to conservative subreddits, and it's clear they already have the answers they want and are just here to shitpost.

Last edited:

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Updated this list of videos so I'm posting it again. Anyone ready to defend PDP or is about to say "I don't like PDP but..." needs to watch at least a few of these videos to contexualize why PDP isn't taken in good faith as just a neutral party. This list represents who he agrees should be heard and taken seriously. These are people whose beliefs he incorporates into his own.
And here is a nice Who is Who of the alt-right/white supremacist community, right out of Pewdiepies Follow-List:

y6u4cT6.jpg

And here is a nice Who is Who of the alt-right/white supremacist community, right out of Pewdiepies Follow-List.
And just for the sake of it. Here's some videos going into why the multiple people on this list of follows are scumbags who perpetuate hate, bigotry and white supremacy:
From Three Arrows on:
Ben Shapiro and Others
Jordan Peterson

From Shaun on:
Stephan Molyneux
Lauren Southern: 1 & 2
Paul Joseph Watson: 1 & 2
General Alt-Right All-Stars

From H.Bomberguy on:
Various
and just for the hell of it PDP himself

From ContraPoints on:
Various & More

I could post more and probably will after a bit of breakfast. But this already is just the surface scrapings of the depths that PDP's posse sinks to.

EDIT:
More as promised:

Anti-Social Media on:
Paul Joseph Watson
And more PJW

Peter Coffin on:
Jordan Peterson feat. PDP
General

More Three Arrows on Ben Shapiro & General

EDIT: Adding even more to the endless list:
The Double Take on:
Lauren Southern
Ben Shapiro

Kirroyal88

Oct 25, 2018
That's why I'm often not super quick to jump to conclusions, and actually try and reply to people more often than not.

But then you get some of these posters who are easily traceable to conservative subreddits, and it's clear they already have the answers they want and are just here to shitpost.

Yes obviously you are not one of those people who judge them right away, I apologize my post quoting you makes it sounded that way. There are some here who did and my post were for them.

I am just concern that there are people who are playing both sides in order to make sure people stays divided and worsen the situation.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Sigh. Jesus. NO! Pewdiepie did not pull the trigger. NO! He didn't tell anybody to take up arms. But what he does do is allow this White Supremacist movement to fester. He has millions of fans, he knows how they see him, and he doesn't give a shit. He's become a leader of White Supremacy whether he likes it or not, and he does nothing about it! He could tell them to fuck off and stop subscribing, but nope. Instead he uses racists words, follows and tweets to them on twitter, and invites them on his show.

He needs to do better, and doesn't. He allows this toxicity to fester. Because he likes it! Prove to me he doesn't. Show me the clips where he is telling them to fuck off.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I think in the whole Colin is correct. Maybe I've completely missed something, but has PDP been calling white supremacists to arms?

I know he is controversial, but I don't think PDP has been promoting/facilitating acts of terrorism.
You are missing something because no one said that.
What people are actually saying is that PDPs flippancy toward the struggles of marginalized groups and bellitling of them contributes to an overall culture of bigotry and hate that reinforces the ideals of white supremacists, the ones who are violent and the ones who are not. That's without even going into the fact that he supports and follows the very thought leaders in the alt-right that also stoke the fires of white nationalism, xenophobia and overall bigotry. That is the argument.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
PDP has said the N-r word once, but joked about saying it multiple times again and said nibba right? Anyone have a link/article on that by any chance? People like to excuse PDP with "he was just angry", "he apologized sincerely" and then often it devolves into "Nibba and nigga isnt a racial slur".

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies, but not everyone has the time to read a 50 page thread. I didn't realise that was a requirement to post my thoughts of a member's comments.

No one said PDP is the ringleader of the terrorists. I'd say is a requirement to read the thread, before saying such things. The member you commented, never even said that...so....

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies, but not everyone has the time to read a 50 page thread. I didn't realise that was a requirement to post my thoughts of a member's comments.

Here. I'll make it easy for you:

Updated this list of videos so I'm posting it again. Anyone ready to defend PDP or is about to say "I don't like PDP but..." needs to watch at least a few of these videos to contexualize why PDP isn't taken in good faith as just a neutral party. This list represents who he agrees should be heard and taken seriously. These are people whose beliefs he incorporates into his own.

And just for the sake of it. Here's some videos going into why the multiple people on this list of follows are scumbags who perpetuate hate, bigotry and white supremacy:
From Three Arrows on:
Ben Shapiro and Others
Jordan Peterson

From Shaun on:
Stephan Molyneux
Lauren Southern: 1 & 2
Paul Joseph Watson: 1 & 2
General Alt-Right All-Stars

From H.Bomberguy on:
Various
and just for the hell of it PDP himself

From ContraPoints on:
Various & More

I could post more and probably will after a bit of breakfast. But this already is just the surface scrapings of the depths that PDP's posse sinks to.

EDIT:
More as promised:

Anti-Social Media on:
Paul Joseph Watson
And more PJW

Peter Coffin on:
Jordan Peterson feat. PDP
General

More Three Arrows on Ben Shapiro & General

EDIT: Adding even more to the endless list:
The Double Take on:
Lauren Southern
Ben Shapiro

Enjoy.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
You don't have to read the whole thread. In the bottom right there are links to threadmarks that are the most fitting for making the case and answering the very questions you had.

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
And now one of my favorite YouTubers 'ElectricBoom' just posted a "subscribe to PDP" video. an Iranian immigrant no less!
I was that close to supporting you on Patreon, Mehdi. and all to pander to a fanbase that wants you dead.
First I ever dislike a video. I unsubscribed and blocked his channel. Have fun with these bigots.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
"Pewdiepie had nothing to do with the tragedy" and "Pewdiepie is responsible for his own actions." are incompatible sentiments.

Oct 25, 2017
Really? It seems to me like they err on the side of doubting sincerity, which is fair in these times, I suppose, but limits the opportunity to change hearts and minds with dialogue and community.

I would be very surprised if less than 99% of this forum is opposed to facism. If someone finds Resetera too unwelcoming, they've gone off the deep end.
There's a difference between being opposed to fascism and being an anti-fascist, my friend. I on the contrary find this place far too welcoming of bigotry for my tastes, which is why I rarely post here any more.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Here, have a slightly more comprehensive list, put together by yours truly:
unknown.png

Deleted member 39184

Banned
Jan 28, 2018
This guy has shown us who he is and where he goes when criticism comes at him. We should do our best to keep pressure on the likes of Google/YouTube and advertisers.

Those who think they are defending "free speech" are lying to themselves. They are defending hate speech echo chambers and the facilitation of murder.

It is also important we discuss this more in person with those in our personal lives. We all understand the levels of awareness, and need to keep the conversation on how this particular brand of radicalizing (white supremacy/nationalism) occurs.

Identify the hallmarks of these radical ideologies, and discuss them with others repeatedly. This will better prepare us In the fight against this particular brand of radicalism: white nationalist, white supremacy, etc.

Be safe out there and do your best to accept and give love.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Life tip: People are more receptive towards your thoughts if you follow simple directions and aren't willfully ignorant.

But sure, coming in to grade 7 English and asking to learn the alphabet works, too.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Nobody is asking you to read a 50 page thread.
You are, however, asked to read 4 (four!) posts that are denoted as threadmarks, and have been done so by the mods in order to avoid circular discussion, and allow people to inform themselves.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's like the dude went dumpster diving.

Obviously I had to cut them together manually, since he does follow a lot of other stuff (I also left off Logan Paul because I didn't want to make another row just for him lol), but you can go and check yourself, and you will find all of these people there.

Also, those are all people that I know are associated with the alt-right and/or anti-SJW movements, I'm sure there's more that I do not know of.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Here, have a slightly more comprehensive list, put together by yours truly:
unknown.png
God Alpha Omega Sin. Pre-Gamergate I remember having his videos as part of my feed. The veneer completely broke once Anita and Gamergate in general started up. I started to realize how whiny and entitled he was flailing in anger at every blown nose from Anita. I hate that I ever gave him views.

And don't even get me started on Laci Green. I was absolutely dumbfounded when she dropped her pro-feminist persona and dove headfirst into the rhetoric of the alt-right. It was so fucking gross and disturbing how easily she was able to abandon the ideals she'd built up in her early career. Can't even find it now but KatBlaque did a great take down of her after her heel turn. Kat did have another much longer livestream convo video parsing her feelings on Laci which was also good.

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And don't even get me started on Laci Green. I was absolutely dumbfounded when she dropped her pro-feminist persona and dove headfirst into the rhetoric of the alt-right. It was so fucking gross and disturbing how easily she was able to abandon the ideals she'd built up in her early career. Can't even find it now but KatBlaque did a great take down of her after her heel turn.

I actually checked her Twitter and she's complaining about being called alt-right because PDP follows her lmao.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously I had to cut them together manually, since he does follow a lot of other stuff (I also left off Logan Paul because I didn't want to make another row just for him lol), but you can go and check yourself, and you will find all of these people there.

Also, those are all people that I know are associated with the alt-right and/or anti-SJW movements, I'm sure there's more that I do not know of.

I know, was just remarking that almost every social media piece of shit i can think off the top of my head is there. And yeah i'm sure there are more as well. Dude is garbage through and through.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's up with the registration process on this website? Can you use free emails or something? Why are there so many burner troll accounts?

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a difference between being opposed to fascism and being an anti-fascist, my friend. I on the contrary find this place far too welcoming of bigotry for my tastes, which is why I rarely post here any more.

+1
this forum has a ton of tolerance for edgy conservatism as long as it either toes the line carefully, or doesn't post in the wrong threads (like this one.) I get it that most of yall just don't know that much about politics or take politics that seriously, but between the free speech trolls, the "what's the big deal about [racism/sexism/etc]", the bans for "inflammatory behavior" when somebody calls out a bigot, and the uniform, moderator supported anti labor pro consumer bullshit this forum is pretty hard to stomach most of the time.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
What's up with the registration process on this website? Can you use free emails or something? Why are there so many burner troll accounts?
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did go through the normal waiting process and just have 50+ accounts , a stack that they basically can pull from when they start getting banned. Trolls have that much pathetic dedication to stirring the pot.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
i mean, he is following notch
Yeah this topic isn't even that old:

Our good pal Markus Persson has seemed extra unhinged over the past few days tweeting classic anti-semetic dogwhistles such as

with comments such as

Dt4VsYuUwAEO7HG.jpg

Z5jGOSu.png

and

EfylpfO.png

But he just posted this and I personally think this takes the cake

The irony in this tweet is extremely palpable when you take into account that this dude is fucking loaded and set for life.

Is he right though? Is there an agenda against white men in media and society as a whole?

(might I remind you our dear buddy has close to 4m followers on twitter ;))

A lot of trolls lost their burner accounts in the wake of that topic too lol