• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Oh, I'm sorry. Did I manage to offend any fans of the number one white supremacist on YouTube?

Maybe we just want you to make a post based on factual, documented reality about the shit PDP has actually done instead of literally making something up. You stated that you can "guarantee you that PDP had a big smile on his face when he heard those words." To put it plainly, no, you can't. No one can.

And no, I ain't defending PDP. He IS problematic, but we should stay on course with what we know, not what we imagine we know.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To all of you with the burner accounts:

If all of you guys are based, red-pilled individualists, why do all of you parrot the same NPC memes, post the same pepes, blurt out the same code-words, the same talking points, follow the same people and, to top all of your based individualist egalitarianism off, you blame all your problems on entire collectives such as "SJWs", "cultural marxists", "globalists", feminists, muslims etc instead of specific individuals?

Doesn't that activate your almonds? Doesn't it give your noggin a good ol' joggin'?

As for PewDiePie and "influencers" of his caliber, they are gateway drugs. Man the fuck up, take responsibility and quit the fucking alt-right cult. It's never too late.

are the mods bad enough dudes to threadmark this glittering jewel of a post?

Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Now that I think about it, didn't he do something with JonTron too?

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
One conversation I think is important to have is why those "BEN SHAPIRO OWNS TRIGGERED SJW" compilations and other conservative videos become recommended so easily. Today in one of my classes the professors was showing us some videos on health care, and he was using an incognito browser so it wasn't based on any prior searches, and one of the suggested videos was "BEN SHAPIRO AND JORDAN PETERSON DISMANTLE TRANSGENDERISM". Videos that are this hostile should not come up as often as they do. Kids can easily go from watching Fortnite clips to "the myth of the radical muslim minority" on Youtube.

For the record, I don't think PewDiePie is to blame. Nor do I think Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson are. I think they have shitty opinions, but I also think Youtube should do its part to not recommend them so easily. I think it's super strange how frequently these right wingers are recommended to me when my Youtube viewing is largely apolitical.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Maybe, if what they feel is that things like this make them defend some idiot they don't know instead of mourning their loved ones on the fucking same day they lost them.
Right. If my Brother almost just died, I can't imagine going online the same day to defend a fucking millionaire youtuber, but hey, like I said, he can feel and deal with this how he wants.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I wonder if the next nut who live streams himself terrorizing a synagogue, and shouts PewDiePie!! before blowing his head off - will be one to get this chum off the air? Will Youtube be culpiable then? You betcha.

Oct 25, 2017
Have you guys seen anything about the manifesto? I don't like or care for PDP but the shooter had a ton of sarcasm, irony, memes, racism, facism, shitposting etc. in it. He even had the damn navy seal copy pasta in it and mentioned Spyro and Fortnite. Before we all jump on PDP, lets be real and admit that this dude was straight up crazy lunatic and had loads of internet culture spread throughout his manifesto, with 8chan posts etc. probably so people all have this same reaction to nearly anything he mentioned and try to pin blame on any one person when its a crazy huge list. PDP needs to just disappear after this.
That's kind of the whole problem people have with PDP is that he contributes to that kind of internet culture that you're acting is separate from him, and that his high profile platform makes him a figurehead for these people. A platform he could use way more responsibly than he does.

All the sarcasm, irony, memes, shitposting etc normalize this kind of thinking and make it easier for this type of person to become this. It eases people into treating radical thinking as casual topics instead. The trojan horse of humor lets it find a home in their heads while their guard is down.
If someone repeats this stuff enough and learns to no longer treat it as a serious subject, they no longer respect it. It becomes easier and easier to say, and they start to internalize it without realizing. That kind of language becomes part of their everyday culture.
They laugh at death to all jews, and now their mind is now more receptive to listening to casual racism than it was before. Then, more okay with regurgitating it than it was before. Time to hit up Xbox Live with the headset! But it's just jokes! And then further reinforcement, such as promoting altright channels, begins to actually legitimize it. Uh oh.

You quote that stuff as evidence that people like PDP had nothing to do with it when it does the opposite. Is the dude solely/directly responsible for the killer's actions? Of course not. But being specifically namedropped like that tells you a lot about who helped normalize this stuff for the killer, who may have helped these thoughts become casual topics in his mind, who brought that next step a little closer for him. Who these people view as an ally.

And if PDP doesn't like that then he needs to think about how he earned it. Normalizing racism can be harmful, and that can come in the form of sarcasm and memes. Altright conversation is like 90% shitposting if you didn't realize. It's how people ease in while maintaining plausible deniability, to the outside observer and sometimes even to themselves.
Many people doing it don't even realize the effect they're having on others, because they themselves were conditioned first and are just perpetuating the cycle. Someone doesn't have to be a loud and proud racist to have been negatively affected by racist conditioning.

I won't assume PDP supports the behavior of this killer, but he needs to learn that the way he talks still has an effect on others. And impressionable children are watching. He needs to be more responsible with his platform so that it doesn't double as the first steps of recruitment.
But considering how hesitant he is to rebuke that demographic of his audience or change his ways, I'm guessing his private views are not very noble either.

Or, in short:
When a mass murderer, terrorist is giving you a personal call out, it's time to re-examine your life.

Last edited:

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
One conversation I think is important to have is why those "BEN SHAPIRO OWNS TRIGGERED SJW" compilations and other conservative videos become recommended so easily. Today in one of my classes the professors was showing us some videos on health care, and he was using an incognito browser so it wasn't based on any prior searches, and one of the suggested videos was "BEN SHAPIRO AND JORDAN PETERSON DISMANTLE TRANSGENDERISM". Videos that are this hostile should not come up as often as they do. Kids can easily go from watching Fortnite clips to "the myth of the radical muslim minority" on Youtube.

For the record, I don't think PewDiePie is to blame. Nor do I think Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson are. I think they have shitty opinions, but I also think Youtube should do its part to not recommend them so easily. I think it's super strange how frequently these right wingers are recommended to me when my Youtube viewing is largely apolitical.
This stuff is not opinions is hateful bullshit these assholes continue to spew.

sportz103

Oct 26, 2017
CNN put this in an article just now "But in deflecting potential criticism for inspiring the atrocity, he is forced to draw attention to it, Lopatto says. If any of his 17 million followers had missed the shootings before his post, they were very much aware of them after it, she writes."

It's a pretty interesting read altogether, about how certain aspects of his video/manifesto encourage signal boosting. Not surprising given how many of these monsters seek the infamy.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Any other platform and PewDiePie would be done long ago. YouTube is such a shit company. Anyone caping for this motherfucker needs to take a hard look in the mirror. He's just an "entertainer", he's also a shit person you can just drop, you don't have to defend him. There are more content creators out there and certainly more that are also better human beings.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Threadwhining
Why is this thread on gaming side? PewDiePie is barely a gamer nowadays. He does more bs "meme reviews" and social commentary than actual video games these days.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI

People like Ben, Jordan, and PDP are absolutely complicit in this.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

What exactly do you think spurs on and reinforces violent rhetoric if not the "opinions" of scumbags like Shapiro. This person puts it succinctly why this shit isn't just "opinions":

This shit isn't borne out of the ether. People like Shapiro and Alex Jones and Paul Joseph Watson actively cultivate this mindset in their viewers.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Any other platform and PewDiePie would be done long ago. YouTube is such a shit company. Anyone caping for this motherfucker needs to take a hard look in the mirror. He's just an "entertainer", he's also a shit person you can just drop, you don't have to defend him. There are more content creators out there and certainly more that are also better human beings.
And not just him. He is certainly a shit human being, with proven racism, anti-Semitism, islamaphobia and penchant for promoting Nazi channels.

Why the fuck doesn't YouTube ban him and even worse pieces of shit and keeps recommending those channels, that's the question. Oh yeah, ad revenue.

SR7212

Avenger
Aug 17, 2018
When a mass murderer, terrorist is giving you a personal call out, it's time to re-examine your life.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
That's kind of the whole problem people have with PDP is that he contributes to that kind of internet culture that you're acting is separate from him, and that his high profile platform makes him a figurehead for these people. A platform he could use way more responsibly than he does.

All the sarcasm, irony, memes, shitposting etc normalize this kind of thinking and make it easier for this type of person to become this. It eases people into treating radical thinking as casual topics instead. The trojan horse of humor lets it find a home in their heads while their guard is down.
If someone repeats this stuff enough and learns to no longer treat it as a serious subject, they no longer respect it. It becomes easier and easier to say, and they start to internalize it without realizing. That kind of language becomes part of their everyday culture.
They laugh at death to all jews, and now their mind is now more receptive to listening to casual racism than it was before. Then, more okay with regurgitating it than it was before. Time to hit up Xbox Live with the headset! But it's just jokes! And then further reinforcement, such as promoting altright channels, begins to actually legitimize it. Uh oh.

You quote that stuff as evidence that people like PDP had nothing to do with it when it does the opposite. Is the dude solely responsible for the killer's actions? Of course not. But being specifically namedropped like that tells you a lot about who helped normalize this stuff for the killer, who may have helped these thoughts become casual topics in his mind, who brought that next step a little closer for him. Who these people view as an ally.

And if PDP doesn't like that then he needs to think about how he earned it. Normalizing racism can be harmful, and that can come in the form of sarcasm and memes. Altright conversation is like 90% shitposting if you didn't realize. It's how people ease in while maintaining plausible deniability, to the outside observer and sometimes even to themselves.
Many people doing it don't even realize the effect they're having on others, because they themselves were conditioned first and are just perpetuating the cycle. Someone doesn't have to be a loud and proud racist to have been negatively affected by racist conditioning.

I won't assume PDP supports the behavior of this killer, but he needs to learn that the way he talks still has an effect on others. And impressionable children are watching. He needs to be more responsible with his platform so that it doesn't double as recruitment.
But considering how hesitant he is to rebuke that demographic of his audience or change his ways, I'm guessing his private views are not very noble either.

Or, in short:

I really think this post should be threadmarked because it accurately gets to the root of the problem as well as elaborates on it.

What's up with people lately reacting to hot issues with "send this to OT where i can ignore it"?

TALK ABOUT THE GAMES

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
No. He'd rather have all his fans and peers pamper him and assure him that he doesn't need to do a critical examination of how he has ended up in the mouth of a person who wants violently cull people of a particular skin tone and religion.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Why is this thread on gaming side? PewDiePie is barely a gamer nowadays. He does more bs "meme reviews" and social commentary than actual video games these days.

Arguing that sort of distinction in the thread isn't the way to go. If something really is obviously in the wrong place, report the thread with your explanation. Arbitrating/arguing if discussion should be allowed to happen in any topic, let alone one like this, is generally frowned on.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

I have no idea. Maybe people should tell them what they have to feel.

Lol. This is like saying since the family of Charleston shooting had forgiveness in their hearts we shouldn't hold people to task that help to spread white supremacist views.

Bad faith discussions all around. No one is seriously saying PDP is directly responsible for these peoples murders but he uses his massive platform to help radicalize these men.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
God, that guy in the youtube video there looks like the sort of Kevin Smith character ripoff I would use to actually parody those thin-skinned whiny shitbags who are incapable of thinking critically about the media they experience. How people are able to watch that sort of nonsense and not piss themselves laughing at the pathetic manbaby is just shocking. Even then I couldn't get through the clip.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
What is so hard about saying "Hey, if you're alt right or support what happened, unfuckingfollow me" this is bigger than some stupid Youtube subscriber count.....
Every sub counts though. He needs to beat all those evil Indians who dare to take his title as king of Youtube! All the racist dog whistling during his T-series campaign has been super gross.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boogie is steaming shit.

And these guys are gaming leaders? Holy shit this art medium is fucked.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It isn't so much that I don't think PewDiePie will think about his own role in this, so much as I think the video he posts about it will end with "but actually the media's at fault so fuck them".

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
I don't trust anyone who watches the first few minutes of this video and doesn't find AlphaOmegaSin to be fucking unbearable:

LOL, I actually did not know AlphaOmegaSin and started the video you suggested, thinking that he is actually a nice youtuber with a pleasant voice and good diction. Little did I know, that it was a meta-commentary on his commentary, so I witnessed the real AlphaOmegaSin only after a few minutes. Unbearable person.

Oct 27, 2017
So, from several posts defending PDP it would seem that hate group members somehow don't really want the people they furiously despise to die... RIGHT.

What, they want to throw them all on a desert island? Build a country-sized prison? Be hopeful that they never go outside their houses? Please educate me on the subject.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Arguing that sort of distinction in the thread isn't the way to go. If something really is obviously in the wrong place, report the thread with your explanation. Arbitrating/arguing if discussion should be allowed to happen in any topic, let alone one like this, is generally frowned on.

Did I argue lol? Where did I argue? Ultimately it doesn't matter but I don't see how this is a gaming thing because PewDiePie used to be a gaming focused content creator. But if the mods decided they prefer it here it's not a big deal.

All the shit that has happened in this awful event and this is what you thought was worth posting about?!? Fucking Gamers......

I mean I've been talking all day about this I don't know why you immediately lept to that conclusion at all. I think Pewd is a POS and he's directly responsible for radicalizing people like the guy who went on this killing spree. Also are you not a gamer?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's completely emotionally driven. Modern pop media in general. I absolutely despise this cultural and media trend with the takedown/vengeance aspect. The content of the messaging isn't even important anymore often. The shape or wrapper, like the titles you linked is all people need to then change their perception for negative or positive depending on their views. To take in that information to feed their biases and such (All the proceeding info is put through a mental filter of sorts shaped by bias). They're recommended because they're extremely popular and get a lot of attention. Both positive and negative. People hate watch those a lot too, it's a morbid curiosity. I'll even admit I watched a few episodes of Crowders change my mind kind of thing because I was curious what conservatives were using as a platform against transgender rights for instance beyond religious reasons. The framing they do is pretty extensive even though subtle and alot of times and the non-level headedness of angry people that interact can be used easily to create disparraging images of progressive people. It's effective.

TLDR Emotions are high and we're more fractured then we've ever been. Which leads to people navigating into this drama content, that they also often hate watch. (We do it here too, with links of asshats like Tucker Carlson for instance, to watch and then disparrage him). But it still leads to the algorithms seeing people are watching him and related content etc. Then recommending it. We're our own worst enemies in some ways, because it's targeted knowing we'll watch them, even if out of anger.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I've been talking all day about this I don't know why you immediately lept to that conclusion at all. I think Pewd is a POS and he's directly responsible for radicalizing people like the guy who went on this killing spree.

Because the only people who would post something like that are shitheads with their own hidden agenda. Don't act surprised that when you post things that only assholes would say that people are rightly going to give you shit for it.