• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing how tragedies like this lead to spring cleaning on this site because scum decide to crawl out of the woodworks to defend the stupidest shit. PDP and his supporters can go fuck themselves for all I care. No amount of goalpost moving or handwaving can dismiss the fact that PDP's pathetic contributions to the internet have led to times like these.
It really is incredible, youd think they tire but no. I suppose I should expect as much from people who have nothing better to do.

This ain't it, guys, come on.

Why dont you get on your real account and tell use how you really feel?

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say if PDP should have this on his conscious or whatever the fuck, but I'll tell you one thing: people need to start taking these "jokes" a little more seriously, from a lot of people, not just him.

We've got to stop acting like PDP, or any of these super popular youtubers, are just innocent boys in their bedrooms just having fun. They're extremely influential figures with extremely gigantic audiences. Is PDP personally espousing the nonsense that caused what happened today? I'll let other people decide that. But clearly he's popular with a certain group of people for a reason, and it honestly doesn't take much thinking to figure out why we maybe shouldn't let that kind of stuff get a pass.

If this grown man can't reflect on the fact that his name was just linked with a horrific mass shooting and think about what circles he's flirting with, then I don't really know what to say. It's up to him what he does next. He has the platform to condemn all of this.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
That's really the key. He could have mentioned anyone else but he didn't. He happened to mention one of the most successful YTubers in the world who is infamous for anti-Semetic jokes and who pals around with some of the alt-rights biggest "intellectuals". He could have mentioned David Bowie or sent shout outs to Dumbo the Elephant or said a cheer for Aunt Gretchen in Butte, Montana. But the difference is those people wouldn't have a history of feeding into the rhetoric that galvanizes people like these killers.
Aye, you're absolutely right. While the terrorist does mention random stuff, context is important. PDP also managed to be connected to a bunch of right wing incidents, that it's hardly random at this point.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This has also reminded me to unsub to a share of YTers who defend PDP still. See ya later turds.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
This terrorist told people to watch Pew Die Pie for the same reason UKIP (a borderline white supremacist political party in the UK) told people to do the same thing four days ago.

Because whether he agrees with their actions or not, he promotes the same rhetoric they believe in.

Everyone defending, normalizing, or boosting the rhetoric, needs to take a look at themselves. And they need to stop. Every website providing safe harbor to these racist trolls needs to pull their hosting.

SmileBrandon

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Baton Rouge, LA
User Banned (1 Month): Ignoring staff post, downplaying hate speech, account still in junior phase
Can we stop the hate towards this man? And does anyone have the manifesto, curious as to what he said.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I know next to nothing about PewdiePie, but sad to hear about what happened. If this guy really does support racism, or makes jokes about it, or whatever he does, he needs to set a better example. YouTube also needs to step in and do something about it.

I watch sports a lot, so the way I look at it is no different than how players are viewed. If a player, even a really good one represents the city in the wrong way, or creates trouble in the locker room, they ship them out of there.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this worthless sack of shit absolutely bears some of the responsibility for this atrocity.

Exactly how much responsibility is certainly debatable, but there is absolutely some blood on his hands and he shouldn't be allowed to pretend otherwise.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Can we stop the hate towards this man? And does anyone have the manifesto, curious as to what he said.
No. Why should we? Did he genuinely apologize for his "death to all Jews" bs? Has he actually grown and changed or remained the same pathetic shitposter that got off about bigoted jokes then as he does now? Has he made any effort to honestly change and distance himself form the cadre of white supremacists he pals around with? If the answer is no then people aren't obligated to give the rich white adult a break.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

IF, IF it was one thing, a mistake, with an apology and real change, that's one thing.

Years of bullshit (straight out naked racism and hate, "jokes") and love from the alt-right/ white power and now white terrorists, that ship has sailed.

He can cry into his millions.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely cannot believe that someone came in here going "but what about South Park" as if they're not absolutely part of this problem too.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This terrorist told people to watch Pew Die Pie for the same reason UKIP (a borderline white supremacist political party in the UK) told people to do the same thing four days ago.

Because whether he agrees with their actions or not, he promotes the same rhetoric they believe in.

Everyone defending, normalizing, or boosting the rhetoric, needs to take a look at themselves. And they need to stop. Every website providing safe harbor to these racist trolls needs to pull their hosting.

Wow, didn't know UKIP did that. Considering Pewdiepie is Swedish and living in the UK it kinda shows what that party's stance on immigration really is. Although it's hardly a well kept secret.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Aye, you're absolutely right. While the terrorist does mention random stuff, context is important. PDP also managed to be connected to a bunch of right wing incidents, that it's hardly random at this point.
Not too mention that when this fucker is actually perpetrating his crimes PDP is the one that gets shouted out. He can write down a million names and sources for his bullshit but when you are actually doing that shit and THAT'S the rallying cry it's difficult not to draw a clear and straight line.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Boom. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
People still defending this idiot. Wake up. WAKE UP! For one he doesn't care about you "his supporters" he only cares about himself. Also by supporting this clown you are part of his plan, his ideology, his pitiful life. You also need to take responsibility for furthering his toxic point of view.

Feb 6, 2019
I honestly don't believe we should all be talking shit about this guy and accusing him of complicity just because a crazy dumbass said his name before this terrible event. I admit, I am a subscriber of his because of this whole thing "PewDiePie vs. T-Series" thing, but I don't watch his videos and I'm not interested in doing so, however, I don't think we are accusing the right person here.
Log back into your real acco.
This is my only account.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't believe we should all be talking shit about this guy and accusing him of complicity just because a crazy dumbass said his name before this terrible event. I admit, I am a subscriber of his because of this whole thing "PewDiePie vs. T-Series" thing, but I don't watch his videos and I'm not interested in doing so, however, I don't think we are accusing the right person here.

This is my only account.
It would really just be easier if you said "I don't understand the effects of rhetoric or normalization". It's a lot quicker.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
There is a distinction between being a neonazi and giving a platform to neonazis and their ideology. It's just not a useful distinction

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I admit, I am a subscriber of his because of this whole thing "PewDiePie vs. T-Series" thing, but I don't watch his videos and I'm not interested in doing so, however, I don't think we are accusing the right person here.
First question? Why (In regards to the subbing part). Also you're so sure everyone is wrong yet you don;t even know who he is? That's really the story you want to go with?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

This is my only account.

so you're subbed to him but don't watch his content, yet are sure there's absolutely no through line here? damn, you're good.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

This is my only account.
Your critical thinking is lacking and your username is really fitting rn.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
He needs to make a video condemning this and telling his supporters to fucking stop this shit.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

UKIP endorsed PDP?

Fuck why isn't this surprising

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is my only account.
Pathetic.