• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I know this place has a bunch of irrational hatemongers but seriously, reading this thread is just shocking. It's hard to believe that someone would even try to blame him for this but ... you guys instantly moved waaay past blame. People in this thread are just disgusting lunatics. I just can't understand ...
It's not just about him. He is sharing the blame of an entire network and culture of people who spread bigoted rhetoric. He cannot separate himself from this. Not just him but Trump and Ben Shapiro and David Duke and Sargon of Akkad and Baked Alaska and Fox News share the same blame whether they want to or not. If he doesn't want the association, he could have renounced white supremacy long ago. He could have become a person who actually felt sorry for saying the N-word or banding about Nazi ideals. He doesn't get a pass. These bigoted killers come from the pool that he and so many other people openly contribute to. If you want to say that acknowledging that is disgusting you're allowed to. But just don't post and insult peoples intelligence by acting like our desire for him to just be a decent human being is tantamount to the shit that spills from the mouths of the KKK or the Proud Boys or Brietbart. I don't "hate" PDP. I don't like him but I defintiely don't despise him. All I want is for him to actually show empathy and to actually act like he's genuienly interested in progress but he chooses not to. If you think that's "hate mongering" or that desire is "no different from white supremacy", you're daffy.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which point?

When choosing a course of action, you should answer the following questions first:
1) What is my objective?
2) Will my course of action achieve that objective?
3) Will my course of action undermine that objective?

If your goal is to get Trump impeached, reading his tweets isn't going to achieve that objective. Really, there's nothing you can do to achieve that goal. If your goal is to get 8chan shut down, you can try bringing as much negative attention to it as possible. However, that doesn't guarantee that the site will be shut down and it may have the exact opposite effect of increasing the site's exposure and influence. In the case of Trump and 8chan, the best you can do is limit their influence by not talking about them. Understand that your negative reactions often serve as fuel for your opponents. When liberals criticize 8chan, that gives the alt-right incentive to check it out. When liberals criticize Trump, that gives the alt-right incentive to support him. What you view as harsh condemnation acts as a seal of approval for those who oppose you.
you could have just said "stick your head in the sand" and it would have saved you a lot of time?

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vox

EDIT: And of course I'm late lol
https://www.vox.com/2018/12/13/1813...-links-to-white-supremacist-alt-right-redpill
I found it informative

And chilling, because "subscribe to PewDiePie" makes an appearance.
Yeah, for people that don't understand what PewDiePie has to do with this, and what the connection is, they need to read this stuff. PewDiePie has been spreading the kind of hate that leads to these attacks for years. And after each incident, he might give a faux-apology, but then it's always, always, always just a matter of time before he does something else hateful because each and every one of those apologies is completely insincere and PewDiePie himself just wants to spread hate as much as he can (while not actually getting kicked off sites like YouTube and being careful to toe the line). He's intricately connected due to spreading the kind of hate that inspires attacks like this in the first place and has been spreading that hate for years, and articles like those explain the why/how and PewDiePie's role for all of this.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Which point?

When choosing a course of action, you should answer the following questions first:
1) What is my objective?
2) Will my course of action achieve that objective?
3) Will my course of action undermine that objective?

If your goal is to get Trump impeached, reading his tweets isn't going to achieve that objective. Really, there's nothing you can do to achieve that goal. If your goal is to get 8chan shut down, you can try bringing as much negative attention to it as possible. However, that doesn't guarantee that the site will be shut down and it may have the exact opposite effect of increasing the site's exposure and influence. In the case of Trump and 8chan, the best you can do is limit their influence by not talking about them. Understand that your negative reactions often serve as fuel for your opponents. When liberals criticize 8chan, that gives the alt-right incentive to check it out. When liberals criticize Trump, that gives the alt-right incentive to support him. What you view as harsh condemnation acts as a seal of approval for those who oppose you.
Let them to be honest? It going unchecked is a far worse outcome.

Silence loses, voices win.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
You see you just took a really simple concept of staying informed about the actions of whatever crazy leader of your country is calling the shots and turned it into this mess of bullshit fuckery while trying to stan for a concept of 'ignore it and it goes away'.

Incredible stuff.

No, I said that impeaching Trump (i.e. making him go away) isn't something any civilian can accomplish. However, you can limit his influence by not drawing attention to his social media posts. He's basically a troll and every time you react to his tweets, he wins. If you get angry, his followers get happy. If his followers get happy, his influence grows.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Well the shooter also disliked Trump as president.

Mod Edit: Removed Manifesto Information

He also planned to attack for over two years. Fuck these lunatics...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
40 deaths later and idiots still don't understand the impact that has hate speech. Incredible.

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of pewdiepie at all, but this thread right now reads honestly like a extremist hate forum for nazi's or something.. The hatred and vitriol here is pretty unsettling. Why are you all acting like the people you're so against?
Please select your desired level of contempt for Nazis from 0 to 9 (options 1-9 not currently available) (options curated just for you)

Your input: __

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I said that impeaching Trump (i.e. making him go away) isn't something any civilian can accomplish. However, you can limit his influence by not drawing attention to his social media posts. He's basically a troll and every time you react to his tweets, he wins. If you get angry, his followers get happy. If his followers get happy, his influence grows.
Ah yes the dream of every serial abuser, keep the beating going, and dont say a word, it will only make it worse.

Done with this nonsense. Get a fucking clue.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sad how many will fall on the sword for PDP when he doesn't even get a single shit about you.

PewDiePie had Ben Sharpiro on his show, he's tried to attack sites like the Wallstreet Journal for getting him fired from Disney for his Nazi rhetoric and symbolism, and he got help from people like Krout and Sargon of Akkad to make that attack video on WSJ, known GGers and alt-righters. He follows people like Jordan B. Peterson, has palled around with Lauren Southern and Paul Joseph Watson on Twitter and even follows them too.

PewDiePie is an utter piece of shit of a human being who helped make this all happen, spreading aaallll this horrible shit around and he has the gall to try and distance himself now after all what he has done which has escalated to this point by introducing people to these awful, vile, people who spread falsehoods, who want people to commit these heinous acts of genocide. He should have his YouTube and Twitter removed from him. He is taking no responsibility and is trying to wipe his hands of this. He will not learn from this just like he has not learned from his past stupidities.

Subscribe to PewDiePie is a dog whistle for white supremacy.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well the shooter also disliked Trump as president.

Mod Edit: Removed Manifesto Information

He also planned to attack for over two years. Fuck these lunatics...
The only disapproval of Trump he voiced was specific to Trump's abilities as a policy maker. The manifesto specifically praises Trump's role in the reawakening of white Christian nationalism in the west.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
You could have said from the beginning that you were trolling smh.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Ignoring something doesn't achieve anything at all. You're acting like you've figured out some shit that nobody else is aware of but all you're doing is creating flimsy excuses for why you don't give a shit.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Not a fan of pewdiepie at all, but this thread right now reads honestly like a extremist hate forum for nazi's or something.. The hatred and vitriol here is pretty unsettling. Why are you all acting like the people you're so against?

Oh no, we can certainly not become a hate forum for Nazi.

Sad how many will fall on the sword for PDP when he doesn't even get a single shit about you.

PewDiePie had Ben Sharpiro on his show, he's tried to attack sites like the Wallstreet Journal for getting him fired from Disney for his Nazi rhetoric and symbolism, and he got help from people like Krout and Sargon of Akkad to make that attack video on WSJ, known GGers and alt-righters. He follows people like Jordan B. Peterson, has palled around with Lauren Southern and Paul Joseph Watson on Twitter and even follows them too.

PewDiePie is an utter piece of shit of a human being who helped make this all happen, spreading aaallll this horrible shit around and he has the gall to try and distance himself now after all what he has done which has escalated to this point by introducing people to these awful, vile, people who spread falsehoods, who want people to commit these heinous acts of genocide. He should have his YouTube and Twitter removed from him. He is taking no responsibility and is trying to wipe his hands of this. He will not learn from this just like he has not learned from his past stupidities.

Subscribe to PewDiePie is a dog whistle for white supremacy.
Thank you for putting it ever so eloquent. I had to unfollow a few people that defended PDP on Twitter today over this. People should have stopped defending him since "Death to all Jews" incidents.

And for cry out loud, this "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" has a very racist undertone. Oh no, an Indian company is overtaking a White Guy.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I seriously think posting manifesto here should be allowed, so people could see there's no mention of Pewdiepie there (OT is still misleading, sorry) and that the guy was so radicalized and such white supremacist that even thinking this horrible attack "is because of Pewdiepie" is a stretch.

Pewdiepie is stupid and care free and he thinks he has no responsibility. He should once and for all make a video condeming every single form of nationalism and racism - and make it WITHOUT JOKING. Every video he made to "apologize" for something was like he was giving a wink to his viewers. He must stop being the "inbetweener" saying shit like "both sides are right". I even think YouTube should force him to do something like that. But that's wishful thinking, YT loves that content I guess.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
The terrorist manifesto clearly said that he wanted to mobilize the left against certain groups and people to create more division in society and backlash.

Ah yes. So, nazis just have to say "we want people to criticize us", and therefore, nobody is allowed to criticize them anymore, letting nazis continue as before. Genius logic by smarties.

Why do you always fall over your own feet with these abyssmally bad takes?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously think posting manifesto here should be allowed, so people could see there's no mention of Pewdiepie there (OT is still misleading, sorry) and that the guy was so radicalized and such white supremacist that even thinking this horrible attack "is because of Pewdiepie" is a stretch.

What is it with you people. He fucking called him all out right before he did his fps murder dance. Like, just be glad you didnt see it, but it happened.

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory false equivalencies
No man is an island. We end up with groups like the KKK or the Proud Boys because there are like-minded people. They are drawn to each other and march and assemble and produce media empires because they are like minded. And the key is that that like mindedness is rooted in a violent belief: the belief that marginalized people not only don't deserve equality but deserve to be removed. Whether they all act on it or not is secondary to the fact that every person who believes and spreads it is inherently spreading and reinforcing a ideal of violence. At some point someone in their ranks finally takes that implicit message and runs with it to the violent result.

I mean... this might be slightly off-topic but lately I visit 4chan quite a lot because of apparant leaks coming from there and after visiting that place for a while I somehow ended up spiraling down in that same behaviour and it kinda made me not enjoy reading anything there, yet I come back for more.

That is to say as long as you are between a group of certain unruly people that like to hate/vent/be edgy "for fun" even while I myself do not feel like participating I automatically drift that direction regardless because I'm surrounded by it.

Which kinda worries me, because it kinda shows how easy it is to spiral out of control without intentionally doing so and ending up joining the ideology of the unruly, resentful side.

coming here on Era I sometimes think that this place is able to breed haters as well by the harsh way they condemn certain things against commenters that don't necessarily have bad intentions and by not tolerating these people that do not yet see things the right way you scare them off to the opposite way... maybe because they want to understand but now they feel left out and end up joining the other side where they can say ResetEra is just as bad a place as any other.

That might actually be part of the bigger problem as well in my opinion. By being so passionaly heated by justice people tend to forget that the strong should protect the weak, not scare them off and hate them for not yet understanding.

I hope I was able to explain my intention well, I'm not a native english speaker but my message has nothing else in it but willingness to learn, please remember that when I might have said something possibly stupid, I gave this post a lot of thought.

acm2000

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Downplaying Hate Speech; Account in Junior Phase
the main people promoting extremist channels/sites etc is the main stream junk press, not people like PDP, i think you should target your anger at those instead.....

Deleted member 2652

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pewdiepie is stupid and care free and he thinks he has no responsibility. He should once and for all make a video condeming every single form of nationalism and racism - and make it WITHOUT JOKING. Every video he made to "apologize" for something was like he was giving a wink to his viewers. He must stop being the "inbetweener" saying shit like "both sides are right". I even think YouTube should force him to do something like that. But that's wishful thinking, YT loves that content I guess.
you're so close to the actual issue here. the reason he won't make that video is because he doesn't believe in it which is actually why he is a problem and linked to this.

Last edited:

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
binovkw6a8m21.png

Spare me the pedantry. He's not outright telling kids "go do this" but he's 100% enabling and responsible for the fucking culture that fosters it. He is a textbook example of "who cares, caring is for idiots, just laugh, just laugh because everything is a joke. Caring about shit is dumb, remember"

I don't care if he's not an outright bigot. I don't think Joe Rogan is a bigot either, that doesn't mean he doesn't use his platform to cause an immense amount of damage and give action and cause to active bigots to do bad shit.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand

He did yell "Subscribe to PewDiePie" before getting into the mosque. Feel free to check out the video, it's all over twitter

cyklisten

Nov 12, 2017
Internet is the biggest mistake in history.
Let that be an actual lesson he understands. Your voice has a huge influence when you have millions of followers. He's been denying that responsibility for too long.
Social Media needs to be regulated. But the companies are just too damn big now.

The fact that we, as a society, don´t hold statements and activities on the internet to the same standards as real life is a real problem.
Way too much is allowed on the internet completely unchecked. It´s frustrating to see these types of behaviour being excused, saying they´re only jokes, satire etc. These "jokes" and "skits" are turning into horrible lifealtering events.

Some people are focusing on defending PDP in a scenario where a lot of innocent people lost their lifes. "Funny" Youtube videos are now more important than peoples actual lifes and wellbeing. I´ve seen this obsession in some acquaintances, where they´re slowly isolating themselves, in terms of where they get information and news, and as a result only get their information from random Youtubers now. It´s scary as shit.

Also, why can´t PDP just denounce this shit instead of doing this vague non-statement? It´s the same as certain politicians ("there´s good people in this group"). They know that a lot of these types are in their fanbase and they´re too afraid to alienate them.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
What is it with you people. He fucking called him all out right before he did his fps murder dance. Like, just be glad you didnt see it, but it happened.

"Subscribe to Pewdiepie" is a stupid meme. It's everywhere now. It's used by people who don't even watch him. Meme culture is cancerous, that's another, separate topic. I just think OT should be 100% precise - write that terrorist shouted this, but do not write PDP is mentioned "in manifesto as an inspiration".

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Subscribe to Pewdiepie" is a stupid meme. It's everywhere now. It's used by people who don't even watch him. Meme culture is cancerous, that's another, separate topic. I just think OT should be prices then - write that terrorist shouted this, but do not write PDP is mentioned "in manifesto as an inspiration".
STUPID MEMES

jesus im going to bed. You people fucking suck.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
A lot of fucking shitty people in here. Gaming side continues to be a joke when it comes to these kind of things.

pewdiepie has a lot of alt-right rhetoric on his channel. Why do some here downplay his effects on young people? Will you only acknowledge it when it personally happens to you?

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to convince Youtube to ban PewDiePie? I mean, the amount of influence he has on adolescents and teenagers all over the world is starting to get really scary terrifying.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"meme culture" IS the inspiration for this shooting. The two are directly intertwined. This is literally the direct result of alt-right, deep internet meme dumbassery. You can't separate the two.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like read that shit Jordan Peterson puts in his twitter bio above. Really read it. Really look at what he, Mr. "Personal responsibility and individualism above all else" is saying. "I'm going to use my platform to say anything I want, and to promote anybody I want, but also I'm not actually responsible for anything anybody does when I do this".

That. Is. The. Problem. We live in a contradictory society in the west. Where you have people professing absolute individualism while peddling these viewpoints because "well each is their own castle so really I'm not responsible for any of this".