• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
www.nytimes.com

A Man Demanded His Final Paycheck. The Auto Shop Delivered 91,500 Greasy Pennies. (Published 2021)

It’s not technically illegal to do so, according to the Department of Labor, but that doesn’t make it OK, according to the former employee’s new Instagram fans.

The auto shop is getting obilerated on Google reviews, Facebook, etc. Imagine your boss laying you off when business inevitably tanks as a result of his douchebag behavior.

Also, even if the pennies are legal, there's gotta be something that says the currency must be, like, normal. How the hell is a bunch of greasy, oil pennies acceptable as payment? Especially just dumping them in a driveway.

Nickel and dime me if old.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Where do you even get that many coins?

Like at some point it's too much work to do that out of spite, and yet they, unfortunately, persevered.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
That is some hall of fame pettiness.

I think he should get an entree in the Guinness Book of World Records.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Miles Walker, the owner of the repair shop, did not respond to a request for comment. He told CBS46 that he couldn't remember whether he dropped the pennies on his former employee's driveway. "It doesn't matter — he got paid, that's all that matters,

"I don't remember if I dropped a 230lb pile of pennies on my former employees driveway or not"

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
what is it about small business owners and doing psycho things like this. Is there some part of small business culture in the US (in the South in particular) that makes them just go off like this on a regular basis?

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
what is it about small business owners and doing psycho things like this. Is there some part of small business culture in the US (in the South in particular) that makes them just go off like this on a regular basis?
Its a universal thing. Some people just are just petty assholes who love having control over other people. Probably the reason you see it more with small business owners is because they are less likely to get promoted in a larger business due to their toxic and controlling attitudes.

Oct 25, 2017
that's like 9 thousand dollars
Ro7J4vb.gif

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It may be legal to pay someone in pennies, but there's no way it's legal to dump motor oil pennies on someone's driveway without permission.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I'm assuming that just dumping a bunch of coins on someone's drive doesn't actually count as paying them.

In fact, I'd wager you could probably go after them for littering.

Nov 29, 2018
Nothing about this even makes sense. Obtaining the pennies would have been difficult. Then pouring oil on them. Then finding the employee's house and dumping them. And then acting like a smug ass and ruining your business and personal reputation.

All over a petty grudge with an employee and 900 dollars? Are you joking? Learn an instrument dude, or build a birdhouse. It's time better spent than acting like the world's biggest manchild.

Status
Not open for further replies.